Mega Freeze R1+L1, possible on PS3 or not?

Hey guys and gals

I'm somewhat stuck on the elevator battle and wanted to try the Freeze combo R1+L1 that is frequently being mentioned. This is not about help getting through the elevator battle, I'll figure it out eventually. The question is, simply put: does this combo work on PS3? I've tried for a good hour getting it to work, but all I got was slow time (L1), it never registered the R1. I got the disc version by the way. Been trying numerous variations, including pressing other buttons (square, triangle, D-Pad etc.). I've collected every sand collectible, got the corresponding trophy just before the elevator. So I should have enough sand tanks.

I would like to hear from someone who actually made this combo work on a PS3: is it possible, and if so, what did you do.

To satisfy my scientific mind, I'd really appreciate if you could briefly answer the following questions:

1. What buttons did you press? In which order/speed?

2. Do you have disc version or psn version of the game?

3. Have you collected every collectible up to say the elevator battle?

4. Did the combo always work or did you have to press the buttons several times?

optional: How many sand tanks / power tanks did you have when you successfully executed the combo?

If you got further useful information on the subject, please feel free to add...

Thanks a bunch!

Edit: Found the following information on the subject (source: http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Prince_of_Persia:_The_Sands_of_Time/Controls): Hold down both buttons at the same time. Super Freeze Sand and Power tanks must be full and equal. Very useful: all enemies freeze and you bounce at hyper speed from enemy to enemy.

I actually have one sand tank more than power tanks. I'll load up a backup file I made just prior to picking up the last sand clouds and post the results here on the forum.

Edited by Theophobos
Found more info on subject

Alright, luckily I saved just prior to getting the last two sand clouds. And lo and behold, having the equal amount of sand and power tanks enables the mega freeze. That means if you really get all the collectibles as you go and play the game in an ordinary fashion, you end up with one more sand tank.

By the way, I almost feel bad for using mega freeze on the elevator battle, it was way too easy this way.

So for anyone having the same issues. Save your game at the save point just after the prison section, pick up the last two sand clouds to get the trophy, then reload the save to enter the elevator. This way you should end up with the equal amount of sand/power tanks.