Glitch - I can't progress

I'm at the garden roofs, the series of jumps seen from 4:56 to 5:01 in this video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSt6Q7Bq4Fg]YouTube - Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands Walkthrough - The Rooftop Gardens Part 2[/ame]

As seen in the video everything works fine, but I can't make the fly attack for some weird reason, the game just drops me to my death. Also both springs of water are turned on, although in the video they switch being turned on and off.

Any suggestions? I'm using the 1.01 patch BTW,

• 2 years later...

Rooftop Gardens glitch

Moderators, I am aware this is an old thread, but I have hit the exact same problem and there is no other thread in the forums addressing this issue. The Prince refuses to use Power of Flight, the enemy is too far away to register, or it is just plain glitched.

I'm going to see if I can load an old save and perhaps unglitch it that way, but so much for an "easy" (read: "pain in the neck") platinum.

EDIT: OK, success! What I had to do was double tap :circle: and hold it the second time.

:circle:, release all other buttons (including :circle:) + :circle: (HOLD)

I don't know why, but the first :circle: press was not registering, and the button had to be double pressed then held while in mid-air to work. Definitely glitchy, but still workable. Fortunately, I did not have to reload an older save. Hope this helps anyone else having the same problem. If you're still stuck, try a triple press of :circle: and hold, or reload an Autosave backup.

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 1 month later...