Need Help - The Final Climb

I've come to the end of the game to "the final climb". Can anyone tell or show me how you get past the first two waterfall jumps? I've died about 50 times because I can't get the prince to grab the damn waterpole when I jump through the waterfall. He doesn't seem to be jumping far enough and I don't know what to do.

Jump through the first waterfall then quickly turn on the freeze power. then quickly jump of second waterfall then jump of the first one. After you have to quickly unfreeze the water fall so you can get through it then freeze the pole again after you go through waterfall if its made out of water. I can make a vid if you still need help. Just message.

• 9 months later...
Don't run up the waterfalls when you jump to them. Hit X immediately.

I know this is an old thread, but I was having trouble with this too last night. I guess I was trying to rush through and finish the game at a late hour & I kept falling at this point too. The above advice is what did the trick. Until I read it, I was trying to run up these waterfalls.

Good tip. Thanks!

Don't jump on the first waterfall but instead use the Prince's freezing power when you directly jump to the second waterfall . Then , release it quickly and then once you jump ,quickly refreeze the pole your trying to get to. I hope this helps you out.

Edited by Bulldog1993

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The majority of the platforming sequences in this game are pretty cool; this one is annoying.

Like wottagunn wrote, you have to pass through the first waterfall while holding :r2:, immediately hit and hold :l2:. DON'T VERTICALLY WALL RUN; instead immediately hit :cross: + release :r2:, then hold :r2:. DON'T VERTICALLY WALL RUN; instead immediately hit :cross:, then release :l2:, pass through the second waterfall, and hold :l2:.

It is possible to attempt this sequence without the constant press/release of :r2:, but I had no success. My hand-eye coordination isn't the fastest in the world, and the prince lost traction and fell to his death every time I relied solely on :cross:.

The Final Climb is counter intuitive to everything else the game has conditioned players to do. In every other section, you are supposed to vertically run up the wall as far as possible before pressing :cross:, or you will die. In The Final Climb; you must AVOID running up the wall at all costs, or you will die. This is not a good design decision, especially for what is essentially a children's game.

Be aware The Final Climb is divided into three levels. Ironically, there is only one crystal refill jar in the second level, so conserve your crystals! I recommend having at least four in reserve. I had only three crystals when I arrived, and was treated to a fair bit of "LOADING" screens.

Fortunately, the third level has 3-4 crystal jars before the final section, but the save point is BEFORE you reach the jars. If you die, you have to go and smash the jars all over again. Sorry, you missed the second :l2: press on waterfall four by 0.25 of a second. Watch killcam, then go smash the jars all over again. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Again, not a good design decision.

The Final Climb was work, not fun. At the end of The Forgotten Sands, when all I wanted to do was fight Ratash and be done with it, I was required to complete the most annoying, complicated waterfall section of the game. No thanks. The Forgotten Sands, and maybe even the Prince himself, can stay forgotten.

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 3 months later...