1. 1. Buy, Rent or No Buy

• Buy
    • Rent
    • No Buy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably going to rent this one after the last title left me feeling so disappointed. I for one don't like games I can play with one hand, I kind of prefer a higher level of interactivity.

This new game doesn't look anything like that. That being said, I will never forget (or forgive) Ubi for raping the SoT series with WW for the sake of higher sells (apparently cheesy angst and Godsmack was the wiser choices made in making a 'better' sequel). While WW was a good game on it's own, it should never have carried the PoP franchise title, and I'm hoping we don't see another repeat. :|

Ive just seen this game and RDR release on the same day. May 18. i want both games, but i can only afford one game a month, well thats what i limit myself to. So should i buy this and rent RDR or vice versa

Red Dead Redemption is made by Rockstar who are known for their high calibur games.

Furthermore you'll get more hours out of RDR due it's gigantic open-world, side missions and multiplayer.

Ive just seen this game and RDR release on the same day. May 18. i want both games, but i can only afford one game a month, well thats what i limit myself to. So should i buy this and rent RDR or vice versa

I'd go with Red Dead Redemption, since Prince of Persia seems (I don't know, it may be longer) like it can be completed in a rental. You may be able to complete RDR as well, but will miss out on some fun open-world stuff. And come on, I've read you can walk into town in RDR, shoot everyone up, and leave it as a ghost town, or you can drag someone behind you on your horse, and a whole bunch of other stuff. How cool is that!?

Anyways, I'll probably end up getting POP through Goozex, maybe even RDR, although I'm really itching for that game, so I'm most likely getting it Day 1.

I'm glad they are going back to the old prince. I can't stand the controls on the other PS3 PoP. You can literally get overwhelmed by the simplicity of the controls esp. if you come from the Sands of Time series. Main Ex: Wall runs are very annoying because of the "jump into a wall" factor. What happened to the days of jumping and pressing R2 to wall run? There were a lot less "accidental deaths" with that feature. I can't count the number of times I've just felt like jumping for the heck of it after getting past a tough part and then wall running to my "death".

• 2 weeks later...