XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Digital Only PS3 Games > T (PSN) > The Price is Right

Old 05-19-2010, 02:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to vikebone

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Silver   1,000 Posts   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Default Review This Game/Is It Worth It?

I used to watch The Price Is Right all the time growing up and loved the show. I saw this on PSN today and thought about buying it. My question is: how good is this game? Is it well made, or is it not worth the money?

My Favorite Platinums:
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Enslaved: Odyssey To The West, Heavy Rain, InFamous, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Assassin's Creed II, Uncharted: Golden Abyss

vikebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Its ok...I dont know if its worth the 10 bucks i think i paid for it. The only real beef I have is that the announcer is REALLLLLLLLLY annoying. but that is an easy fix.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to acerazer1

If you loved the show, they've put all the favorite pricing games on here, so that's a definite plus. Plinko, Cliffhanger, the putting one, etc. It has local multi, which is decent, me and my gf have had some fun with it. I don't think it has online multi though.

Besides trying to get as much money as possible in the single player, there really isn't much to do except go for the trophies. $10 seems accurate, it's decent, and it is licensed material. You'll have some fun with it if you're a fan of the show. I mean, who hasn't wanted to try to spin the wheel around 6 times?

Also, like with most games like this you'll eventually get some repeats. I've played for about 2 hours, maybe a little longer, and haven't had any repeats yet, but it's eventually going to happen. If you have one of those photgraphic memories, you can probably only get five hours of fun out of this, lol.

Last edited by acerazer1; 05-20-2010 at 06:35 AM.
acerazer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

what he said^.
pennywise247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

After you unlock each game, make sure to watch the video that goes with each. Most are on youtube, but all are pretty hillarious and worth a second look if you've seen 'em already.

# of 100%s = 156
Rhysss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Jack of All Trades   2,500 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Gold   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Platinum Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

The game is extremely fun for anyone who is a fan of the show. The only problem with it is that after you play through the different games a handful of times, you're going to start figuring out all the prices and it's going to be less of a challenge for the most part. Outside of that though, the game itself is awesome!

~Every now and then a lifetime needs a second chance, to find another one, like you, don't forget your better reason, all your silly risks will bring you down, oh several years of bitter Mondays take a heavy toll and then you realize, it's you until you make this easy harder, no one else will care if you're around~
OnceFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

No online multiplayer?

Crap. I was just about to download it.
ravens52bears54 is offline   Reply With Quote