60,000 in one game trick

T0rch3d37

so i just earned $63,000 in one show and mind you my technique might be cheap but it works ... the trick is to pause your game every second so the lit up square changes to a big money amount or double your money or anything with a spin ... the key is once you pause it on a square you want you have to quickly un-pause the game and hit x to get the square that is lit up ... i know i know its cheap but hey it works

so i just earned $63,000 in one show and mind you my technique might be cheap but it works ... the trick is to pause your game every second so the lit up square changes to a big money amount or double your money or anything with a spin ... the key is once you pause it on a square you want you have to quickly un-pause the game and hit x to get the square that is lit up ... i know i know its cheap but hey it works

i've tried this, but not having much luck. seems that it is very difficult to time it right to have it hit the square you have lit up when you unpause it.

I can confirm that this is the method I used to get this trophy as well. Once I got to $30,000 I just kept waiting until the double your money square came up and managed to get it to land there.

I did it in single player and had to fend off 5 passed spins from the CPU as well! That was nerve wracking but at least I got my 100%:dance:

I can confirm that this is the method I used to get this trophy as well. Once I got to $30,000 I just kept waiting until the double your money square came up and managed to get it to land there.

I did it in single player and had to fend off 5 passed spins from the CPU as well! That was nerve wracking but at least I got my 100%:dance:

Pick day one. The two opponents are incredibly stupid and manage to get only one or two spins.

And during the 2nd question round, answer only one question correctly. That way, you'll have only three spins going into the big board. Only choose squares that offer an additional spin (Ideally, the big bucks prizes and the Double your Money squares).

That way, you'll never run out of spins, and you'll only have a couple to burn off or pass once you hit 60k. Lowers your chances of screwing up.

(For the record, I had originally said to use a local multiplayer match to do this. After getting home and actually making it up to 88,000 and not unlocking the trophy, I can confirm that this does not work. It has to be single player)

Edited by The-Man-In-Black

Interesting trick, can't seem to get it to work here though. When I unpause (either via start or circle) I can mash X all I want...it ignores the input. Am I missing something?

In general, I've seen it misbehave occasionally on this specific game (won't respond to X)...no issues with other games so I'm certain the controller has no problems.

Interesting trick, can't seem to get it to work here though. When I unpause (either via start or circle) I can mash X all I want...it ignores the input. Am I missing something?

In general, I've seen it misbehave occasionally on this specific game (won't respond to X)...no issues with other games so I'm certain the controller has no problems.

You do have to do it about a split second after you hit start.

For what it's worth, I've had the same issues myself. On a whim, I tried using the Blu-Ray remote for the PS3 (Change the controller from player 7 to player 1), and had absolutely no problems. Take that for what it's worth.

You do have to do it about a split second after you hit start.

For what it's worth, I've had the same issues myself. On a whim, I tried using the Blu-Ray remote for the PS3 (Change the controller from player 7 to player 1), and had absolutely no problems. Take that for what it's worth.

Interesting! Will try your remote method tonight and report back on the results later. Thanks for the tip.

I'm either delusional or thinking I had a PS3 BD remote when the only Sony remote I've ever had is a PS2 remote...oy.

Anyway, props to you guys who can do this trick with a controller. I'm either too slow on the button mashing, or something else is going on. When I pause, 100% of the time the button pushed after pausing doesn't register. The only way I can get the trick to work is if I pause as soon as the highlighted block changes to a new one and mash X like a mofo. If I try to do it after the block has been highlighted for even a little bit, I get the next block instead of the current block (which ends up in whammy probably 30-40% of the time).

Is what I'm describing what you controller types are doing, or do you have another trick? (turbo button from SNES days? LOL).

Oh well, fun game to play straight up either way.

i was so pissed last night i played online and managed 62,000 unbelievable luck and i know i was concentrating like hell cause once i got it i hit a whammy a few times the next game..... anyways i didnt realize it had to be offline :2walls::2walls:

i managed to play the 4th show got to 32,000$ and then waited patiently for the double your score since i already earned it legit online... i said hell yes im using this glitch lol... i nabbed 3 trophies in 1 show thank god its over... now i just have my regular shows and theres no pressure

Edited by Zooyork26

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...