Location of whammies and other board patterns.

The-Man-In-Black

Here's some info on the "Big Board" patterns. This will come in handy when trying to go for the "Big Bucks" and "No Whammies" trophies.

I have not yet determined the exact pattern of the spinner's movements, but have figured out that there are only three sets of tiles in each of the two "Big Boards" rounds.

Tile #4 (The tile with the big cash awards) is the tile you need to focus on. In both cases, when the award in this tile is the lowest award ($1000 in round 1, or $3000+spin in round 2), there are no whammies anywhere on the board.

During Round 1:

When Tile #4 has the middle award ($1250), there are two whammies on the board. The first is in Tile 1, and the 2nd is in Tile 12 (The "Big Bucks" tile on the bottom

When Tile #4 has the big prize ($1500), there are six whammies on the board. Tiles 3 and 5 along the top, Tiles 7 and 9 along the right side, Tile 14 on the bottom, and tile 17 along the left.

During Round 2:

When tile #4 has the middle award ($4000+spin), there are four whammies on the board: Tiles 9, 11, 12, and 14. The "Double your Money" tile appears in tile 10 -- the lower right corner, surrounded by whammies. The spinner is almost never on it.

When tile #4 has the large award ($5000+spin), there are 5 whammies on the board: Tiles 3 and 5 along the top, Tile 7 on the right side, none on the bottom, and tiles 16 and 18 along the left side. The "Big Bucks" tile appears here, along the bottom (Tile 12). "Go Back 2 Spaces" will also appear in the upper right corner (Tile 6), and will also award the 5k+spin.

Other notes:

Despite seeing one in the intro, there is no "Add a One" tile anywhere in the game.

On rare occasions, during round 1, if you hit the "Advance 2 spaces" tile in the lower right corner, it will boot you to the "Big Bucks" tile like it's supposed to. But instead of awarding $1500, the announcer will say you've won $200 and you'll actually be awarded $5000. No extra spin though.

The other "Advance two spaces" tile will always yield $300.

There's a "Move One Space" tile in tile 14 during round 2. Your choices will always be $2500 or a trip to paris. Take the trip, it's worth $3500.

There's another "Move One Space" tile in tile 1 during round 1. Your choices will be a $300+spin or a diamond. The diamond is worth $500.

Hope this helps at least somewhat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
And I thought I'd be the only person who'd know who that was.....

To me, the funniest (by funny I mean ironic, not "haha"....I just did a Slingblade didn't I?) part is what he did (or actually didn't do with the money:

A portion to real estate investment that ended up being a ponzi scheme - net result: $0:think:

A sack containing $40,000 in one dollar bills stolen from his house - net result: wife left him......and $0.:confused:

Tried to swindle people out of lottery money by attempting to sell part of the lottery. Got the jitters (Oh, and throat cancer by this time) and took off. Not a single person in his family could find him. Nor could the SEC or IRS.:think:

His family finally discovered his location....after he died in 1999.

RIP Mr. Larson.:(