-Online (breakdown): 5 (3(B), 2(S))

-Approximate amount of time to 100%: 10-15 Hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 20 Single Player + 20 Online Games

-Number of missable trophies: None

-Glitched trophies: None

-Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No Cheats

Roadmap

Introduction

No whammies, no whammies, big bucks, big bucks and STOP! Based on the classic Press Your Luck television game show, you play as one of three contestants competing to win by correctly answering trivia questions to earn “spins” on the Big Board. The player who ends the game with the highest earnings emerges victorious, all the while trying to avoid the dreaded Whammy or risk losing all winnings. Players can enjoy a thrilling online multiplayer Press Your Luck experience as they compete against friends and/or other players online or locally!

Walkthrough

Step 1: Create Your Custom Character

- Start off the game by selecting your character, then press

:square: to bring up the wardrobe menu. Select something other than the default for your character in all 5 catagories (hair, glasses, shirt, pants, & shoes), then save. This will net you Press Your Clothes!

Step 2: Play Single Player Mode

- Play single player mode through all 20 shows. Try to win at least one show without a whammy (will get you No Whammys!) and one with over $60,000 in total prize money (will get you Big Bucks!). Winning all 20 shows will get you Rockstar Out!, Onto A Winner!, Too Much Luck!, Couch Potato! & Boardcracker!.

Step 3: Play Online

- Go online and start to play. You want to make sure that you host 10 games (will get you House Party!), win 20 games (will get you Beginner's Luck! & Luck Of The Devil!), get your opponent to get a Whammy on spins you passed to them (you will get Cheap Trick!) and win at least one game by answering all the questions first and correct (will get you Buzzer Beater!). You can use the Trophy Boosting Thread if you need help.

Step 4: Clean up

- If you are missing any trophies at this point, go back and clean them up at this time! After that is complete, enjoy your 100%!

Edited by OnceFallen
Editorial Sweep

Offline Trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/713/02.jpg Rockstar Out! (B)

Win the 4th show

See "Boardcracker!"

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/713/03.jpg Onto A Winner! (B)

Win the 8th show

See "Boardcracker!"

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/713/04.jpg Too Much Luck! (B)

Win the 12th show

See "Boardcracker!"

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/713/05.jpg Couch Potato! (S)

Win the 16th show

See "Boardcracker!"

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/713/09.jpg Boardcracker! (S)

Win the 20th show

In Single Player mode there are 20 shows for you to play through and you must win them all. Once you complete the 20th show, the trophy will pop!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/713/11.jpg No Whammies! (S)

Win a show with no Whammy

You must just win a show without getting a Whammy on the Big Board. Easiest to do on the first show in Single Player mode. Get a little bit of money and then pass your spins off before you hit a whammy. Repeat for the final round and you should get it without a problem.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/713/13.jpg Big Bucks! (S)

Win over $60,000 in one show

This one can be a pain as it will require you get as many spins as possible and keep racking up money without getting a whammy. Aim to get Big Bucks and anything with a spin to help you keep going. Once you finish a game with over $60,000 and win it, the trophy will pop!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/713/06.jpg Press Your Clothes! (B)

Create a complete custom character

When you start up the game, select your character, then at the main menu press :square: to bring up the wardrobe selection screen. Select something different than the default for all 5 categories (hair, shirt, glasses, shoes & pants) and then save. The trophy will pop shortly thereafter!

Online Trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/713/08.jpg House Party! (B)

Host 10 public games

Just be the host for 10 online games. You must complete the games for them to count. Can easily be done with a boosting partner by having them join your game, then choosing to play again 10 times in a row. You can use the Trophy Boosting Thread if you need help. After the 10th one is finished, the trophy will pop!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/713/01.jpg Beginner's Luck! (B)

Win an online game

See "Luck Of The Devil"

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/713/09.jpg Luck Of The Devil! (S)

Win 20 online games

As it says, just win 20 online games for this to unlock. Easiest way is to have a boosting partner and have them answer everything wrong so they don't get any spins, then you just win some type of money in the end to take the game. Rinse & repeat 20 times. Can be done in private or public games. You can use the Trophy Boosting Thread if you need help.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/713/12.jpg Buzzer Beater! (S)

Win an online game by buzzing first and answering the correct answer to every question

Play a game online and make sure you answer the questions first and correctly (so you get 3 spins each time for a total of 12 each round), then win the game. You can use the Trophy Boosting Thread if you need help.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/713/07.jpg Cheap Trick! (B)

In an online game, pass your spins to an opponent who gets a Whammy on your passed spins.

Just play an online game and pass some spins to another player. If they get a Whammy while using those passed spins, the trophy is yours! Easiest to do if you pass a large amount of spins. You can use the Trophy Boosting Thread if you need help.

Edited by OnceFallen
Editorial Sweep

Apparently no one knows where North Dakota is....

I got the one about North Carolina and I starred at it for the entire time going, umm, is there a fifth choice coming because none of these are right... :rofl:

Just as a heads up you have 14 trophies in the breakdown but only 7 bronzes and 6 silver :)

Thanks, copy/pasted it from one of my other guides and changed the (B) (S) numbers but for got that one...

Edited by OnceFallen

Does anyone have the Big Bucks! ($60,000 in one game) trophy yet? Closest I've come so far is around $40,000 through about 15 games. Getting the maximum amount of spins is one thing but avoiding whammys for all those spins is another thing altogether. This one ain't going to be easy. If any of these trophies should have been gold, this should have been the one!

Does anyone have the Big Bucks! ($60,000 in one game) trophy yet? Closest I've come so far is around $40,000 through about 15 games. Getting the maximum amount of spins is one thing but avoiding whammys for all those spins is another thing altogether. This one ain't going to be easy. If any of these trophies should have been gold, this should have been the one!

There's no way to know who got it offline, but right now, the top score on the online leaderboards is only 43k.

Closest I ever got in an offline game was 45k.

I guess the best way to do it would be to aim for the Double your Money square a couple of times.

The intro has an "Add a One" square, which would give you the trophy if you have anything above 10k when you land on it, but that square doesn't seem to be anywhere in the actual game.

The board isn't that random at all. I'm sure eventually somebody will figure out the patterns to it, like Michael Larson did on the actual show.

Edited by The-Man-In-Black

I've made it through without getting a Whammy with getting all the questions right and having my boosting partner do the same and pass the spins my way (so basically 16 spins each round), but I keep falling short as well.

Easiest way to avoid a whammy (although can still happen if you're not quick enough) is to kinda just stare at the middle of the board so you can kinda see all the squares in your peripheral vision and wait til you see no yellow on the screen and hit the buzzer. There's one board on both times that is always whammy free and you have about a second or so before it changes, plus it's filled with +1 spin amounts, but also filled with lower money amounts as well, so takes a while. I was able to grind up to almost 50k that way, but ran out of spins.

Only problem with that method is you will have to keep getting additional spin spots because there is no way you will get to 60k without them on that one, so it's actually worth the risk to go after the Whammy heavy boards as they usually have the expensive stuff.

I've made it through without getting a Whammy with getting all the questions right and having my boosting partner do the same and pass the spins my way (so basically 16 spins each round), but I keep falling short as well.

Easiest way to avoid a whammy (although can still happen if you're not quick enough) is to kinda just stare at the middle of the board so you can kinda see all the squares in your peripheral vision and wait til you see no yellow on the screen and hit the buzzer. There's one board on both times that is always whammy free and you have about a second or so before it changes, plus it's filled with +1 spin amounts, but also filled with lower money amounts as well, so takes a while. I was able to grind up to almost 50k that way, but ran out of spins.

Only problem with that method is you will have to keep getting additional spin spots because there is no way you will get to 60k without them on that one, so it's actually worth the risk to go after the Whammy heavy boards as they usually have the expensive stuff.

I noticed this as well while playing earlier today that this probably the best way to go without getting a whammy. Have been able to win many single player games easily by using this method without a problem. The only problem like you said would be running out of spins! I'm guessing this is why in online games you have a limited time to push the button :)

I was having problems, particularly in game 3, trying to avoid whammies, so I decided just to hit the buzzer as soon as the board starts moving (kind of like minesweeper never starting on a whammy), which worked out well for about 4 games, even got the 60K trophy. The board started on whammies a bit more often towards the end of the evening, so I can't say if this is a better than average method or just a lucky coincidence.

For some reason, the Press Your Clothes! trophy didn't show up for me after I changed the look of my character. I'm not sure if it's a true problem yet, as I completely customized my guy after a couple games, so I'm going to try again and change everything at the start...just didn't know if anyone else had a similar problem or not.

For some reason, the Press Your Clothes! trophy didn't show up for me after I changed the look of my character. I'm not sure if it's a true problem yet, as I completely customized my guy after a couple games, so I'm going to try again and change everything at the start...just didn't know if anyone else had a similar problem or not.

Did you put on sunglasses or shoes?

• 2 weeks later...

@nolter912

*Is there a way to see how many online games you already won?

-No there isn't. Games like these & other such as "The price is right" & "Family feud" don't have one.

*Also does anyone know if it counts as a win if the other player quits?

-I don't know, but I would most likely say NO. Just try the boosting thread.

I've been keeping track of my online wins, and while I needed it, the number of games I hosted. I wasn't sure if just starting a hosted game counted (one that was interrupted for whatever reason), of if the game needed to be completed for it to count for the trohpy, and what I found was that the game does need to be completed for it to count for the hosting trophy...so carrying that logic forward, you need to have the game complete in order for it to count as a win. Given my ability to blow a game with the last spin, it would make sense that no one wins the game until it's over anyway.

-Online (breakdown): 0

Step 3: Play Online

- Go online and start to play. You want to make sure that you host 10 games (will get you House Party!), win 20 games (will get you Beginner's Luck! & Luck Of The Devil!), get your opponent to get a Whammy on spins you passed to them (you will get Cheap Trick!) and win at least one game by answering all the questions first and correct (will get you Buzzer Beater!). You can use the Trophy Boosting Thread if you need help.

Uuuuuhhhhhmmm...

• 2 years later...

this guide shouldnt of been thrown on the board so fast, the stuff you wrote anyone could of figured out. you should of waited and actually wrote out the buzzard beater trophy with a list of answer and taken the time to do so. if your not going to thouroughly write out the answers on how to get each trophy then dont make it at all