Four Ring Circus doesn't unlock

Cavalieroscuro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I have been trying this over and over following the guide, and I HATE THIS TROPHY. Using Controller 1, following the guide.... it's just not working.

EDIT: Finally figured out what I was doing wrong. Whatever portal your P1 uses on the roof, that is the portal you must fire again when exiting the second portal set. I kept firing the floor portal I used for P1, it has to be the roof portal that is replaced.

I don't know that that explains it very well, but say you are playing splitscreen coop. Your P2, Peabody, lays down his red and yellow portals on the ground. With P1, you fire your purple portal on the ground and carefully place your blue portal on the roof directly above Peabody's red portal.

When you enter your purple floor portal, you will pass through the first portal set (purple-enter/blue-exit) and rapidly pass the second portal set (red-enter/yellow-exit).

YOU MUST FIRE YOUR BLUE PORTAL (previously used on the roof) WHEN EXITING THE SECOND PORTAL SET (not your purple floor portal, which is what I kept doing); IT WILL CREATE ANOTHER ROOF PORTAL. With the momentum of your fall, you will be carried up through the roof into your new third portal set (blue-enter/purple-exit), which then bounces you back through the second portal set.

This time, the order of entry/exit is reversed for your second portal set, since you are falling backwards through it: The second portal set is now (yellow-enter/red-exit). This may be why you have to bounce a bit for the trophy to unlock; I am not sure.

Anyway, I finally got this trophy after two years. Nobody in the youtube videos explained the importance of re-placing your roof portal, and that makes all the difference in getting Four Ring Circus. So happy to be done with this! YAAAAH!

Edited by poetic_justice_