XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 12-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
TheMillerLowLife

Question Anyone else get the STILL ALIVE co-op trophy alone using 2 controllers?

Just got this trophy by myself, using two controllers to play co-op and I was wondering if anyone else did it this way. First, I played through course 4 for the first time, just trying to figure out and get used to the puzzles, using a walkthrough as a reference. Then, I did it again, trying to do it without dying, and got the trophy without a single restart or mistake. Took about an hour and a half total. I found this much easier than trying to work with some one else. Even Test Chambers 8 and 9 weren't bad. Overall, it was actually really simple. I'm considering beating Course 5 this way, but I don't know if it's possible to beat all of those chambers this way (haven't played course 5 co-op yet). So, 2 controllers FTW?

Edit: I did it by having each controller rest on the corresponding leg when not in use. It helps to consistantly use the same color portals as your entrance and exit portal each and every time, that way you don't have to stop and think about which one to fire at a given spot as you progress.

Plats:
Fallout 3, Dead Rising 2, Wolverine, Pure, BLAZBLUE, Skate 2, Resident Evil 5, Bioshock, Burnout Paradise (Elite License 102%), Prince of Persia, Dead Space, God of War 3, Skate 3, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Uncharted 2, Batman: AA, Assassin's Creed 2, LBP, Portal 2.
100% PSN:
Marvel vs Capcom 2, Rag Doll Kung Fu, Cuboid, Bejeweled 2, Critter Crunch, Peggle, Sonic 2, Shatter, Streets of Rage 2

Last edited by TheMillerLowLife; 12-04-2011 at 07:53 PM.
TheMillerLowLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:14 AM   #2
snuttleo

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMillerLowLife View Post
Just got this trophy by myself, using two controllers to play co-op and I was wondering if anyone else did it this way. First, I played through course 4 for the first time, just trying to figure out and get used to the puzzles, using a walkthrough as a reference. Then, I did it again, trying to do it without dying, and got the trophy without a single restart or mistake. Took about an hour and a half total. I found this much easier than trying to work with some one else. Even Test Chambers 8 and 9 weren't bad. Overall, it was actually really simple. I'm considering beating Course 5 this way, but I don't know if it's possible to beat all of those chambers this way (haven't played course 5 co-op yet). So, 2 controllers FTW?

Edit: I did it by having each controller rest on the corresponding leg when not in use. It helps to consistantly use the same color portals as your entrance and exit portal each and every time, that way you don't have to stop and think about which one to fire at a given spot as you progress.
It sound like you are desperate... I wish more ppl could be like me & sis, helping with Portal 2 trophies.

snuttleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:47 PM   #3
TheMillerLowLife

Haha, not desperate, just impatient. I tried playing with a friend the other night and it was way more difficult IMO. That only lasted for 2 Test Chambers in course 4. I also had 2 different people die moronic deaths while playing the first few chambers on course 4. It was more frustrating than I could stand at that point. Using two controllers was actually pretty easy. I just don't work well others, not enough patience I suppose.

Plats:
Fallout 3, Dead Rising 2, Wolverine, Pure, BLAZBLUE, Skate 2, Resident Evil 5, Bioshock, Burnout Paradise (Elite License 102%), Prince of Persia, Dead Space, God of War 3, Skate 3, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Uncharted 2, Batman: AA, Assassin's Creed 2, LBP, Portal 2.
100% PSN:
Marvel vs Capcom 2, Rag Doll Kung Fu, Cuboid, Bejeweled 2, Critter Crunch, Peggle, Sonic 2, Shatter, Streets of Rage 2
Old 12-05-2011, 08:14 PM   #4
Karlsen

You got "Still Alive" with out a partner? Forever Alone xD....

Now back to the topic, I also did it alone, I think it's easier to get it playing alone since you can be more carefull and precised, and only the last test chamber was a little hard....

Now, I don't think you will be able to pass Course 5 alone, since test chamber 7 and 8 need to have both robots moving at the sime time and it doesn't give you too much space for errors, even doing with 2 players it's a short time.....
Karlsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:31 PM   #5
TheMillerLowLife

Ah, so I wasn't the only one. I agree 100% about being more careful and precise.

As for course 5, I just connected up with a random person on Steam who was at the same skill level as me, and we made it all the way to chamber 8 on course five before getting disconnected. I'll just have my girl help me with that chamber later. Great game, but I really hate co-op trophies.

Plats:
100% PSN:

Last edited by TheMillerLowLife; 12-05-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:33 AM   #6
hussler87

I got it by myself, found it so much easier!
hussler87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:31 AM   #7
dmsdq

I'm considering trying this out ... but I have to ask, how far has anyone gotten with single player/two controllers? Karlsen mentioned that 7 and 8 need both players moving at the same time? Is this doable, or completely unrealistic?
dmsdq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:25 AM   #8
ppo0po0

I tried this too, about 5 times, but I always died at level 8
then at my second try with 2 players I got it
ppo0po0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #9
warturtle16

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I am also attempting at trying to do this solo. Was it necessary to use a reference for this? This is my last trophy until platinum hahaha.

Goals for 2014:
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Accomplishments:
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Cards:
warturtle16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #10
toolshed181st

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMillerLowLife View Post
I just don't work well others, not enough patience I suppose.
Ha. Seconded! I feel the same. But only for trophy purposes.

Favourite Platinums: Call of Duty: MW3, Black Ops, MW2, World at War & Classic; Arkham Asylum & City; Dead Island; Dead Rising 2; Resident Evil 5; The Walking Dead, Borderlands 1 & 2; LittleBigPlanet 1 & 2; Naughty Bear.

toolshed181st is offline   Reply With Quote