XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 04-25-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
Wheat1328

Default Co-op by Yourself?

I'm getting too anxious waiting for PSN to come back up to find someone to play co-op with. I'm thinking of making a run at co-op split screen by myself. Is it doable?

I know it kinda defeats the purpose of co-op, but I'm getting tired of waiting and want to see the story.

...Maybe I'll just wait.... What do you guys think?
Old 04-25-2011, 06:20 PM   #2
kisher8632

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

1) Theres not so much of a story

2) The purpose of co-op is coopative. By playing with yourself your ruining the fun, its a team sport

3) It is much likely IMPOSSIBLE to do the later puzzle´s (Chapter 2-3) alone (with 2 controllers)

Your maybe able to pull it out on the first 10-13 chambers, but it soon require timing, and 2 players

Portal 2 Want You Gone (Fan made Music video)
http://youtu.be/uwURYS2_Fgo

Want to have fun in Steelport? Add me, and lets see if we cant find time to meet (Put SR3 in the message, or else it will get ignored)
kisher8632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
PaulC2K

Thankfully i've already completed co-op via the steam unlock, in before the lockdown.

However i have every intention of completing it on PS3 too, and its far from impossible to do on your own, although i think its far far more fun with a good mate on the other end, either locally or via internet (when available) as theres a lot of mistakes and the other person doing stuff when your trying to do something and it screws you up so you have a moan at them... its just quite funny and having someone to laugh with is far better than on your own.

Im flying through the levels, but having done them on Wed, Thurs & Fri on PC a fair bit of it i remember. The jist of what to do, although because the other person could have done something you didnt see sometimes your missing peices of the puzzle in your head, but it certainly helps having 2 people trying to get their head around a problem.

There havent been many levels ive struggled with too long, and knowing what to do has made it easier to manage using 2 controllers at once, and right now im on Chamber 5, Course 7 (last but one) and i've done everything on my own, and only a couple of times have i struggled with managing 2 characters moving at the same time in a time-sensitive manner. But the fact that i know pretty much what i need to be doing shouldnt be underestimated, trial and error isnt easy using 2 controllers. Thankfully most of the levels you have all the time in the world, so it isnt a problem.

If you've completed the single player (I havent, on either) and really want more then i guess you could start on Co-op, its 100% doable on your own (although Ch5-7 is looking a bit too close to call).

Edit - Done Ch5-7, needed an elastic band to keep one running forward while i did multiple things inbetween. 5-8 is a pain, but doable, and you can make it a little easier for yourself too.

Last edited by PaulC2K; 04-25-2011 at 07:13 PM.
PaulC2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #4
GhettoAgent

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I wondered this too. I literally just tried it a few minutes ago and it's near impossible lol. I'm sure someone somewhere will do it but i seriously wouldn't bother. Just wait til PSN comes back online.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #5
BBM

I tried the first bit of co-op by myself, just to see if it was possible to get Trophies in split-screen as well as online, and it is. Only finished the first part though.
BBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #6
PaulC2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoAgent View Post
I wondered this too. I literally just tried it a few minutes ago and it's near impossible lol. I'm sure someone somewhere will do it but i seriously wouldn't bother. Just wait til PSN comes back online.
Its nothing like impossible, infact i very rarely died (the times i did were largely due to my own mistakes, or placing a portal too close to an existing one and it replacing it), however i know how to do the puzzles. Co-Op is harder, single player you think very 1 dimentionally, 1-2 steps ahead, whereas co-op has double the capability with 2 portals and it expects you to get your head around that too.

Figuring out the puzzle is the hard part, doing it with 2 controllers is more time consuming than it is hard work. Only a few times during the game are there elements which are time-sensitive, requiring both controllers to be in-play.
Having someone to bounce ideas off in voice chat helps heaps, its also tons more fun.

I've left 4 co-op trophies, 3 hugs, Calibration course w/ newbie, no deaths in Ch4, and 3 courses in Chamber 2 under 60sec. I'll do those with a mate on steam and PSN buddies when PSN comes back online.

Screenshot: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20670693/25042011245.jpg
Old 04-25-2011, 09:48 PM   #7
TheLastOne

Actually, for the most part is it quite possible to do it yourself with 2 controllers.

I got a few trophies that way. Some of the levels like 4-8 will be quite difficult yourself but I don't think there's a single place where it's actually impossible.
TheLastOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:42 PM   #8
I-Reaped-U

wow you don't have a single friend to play with you on split screen?

I-Reaped-U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:53 PM   #9
Blitz5

Send a message via AIM to Blitz5

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Reaped-U View Post
wow you don't have a single friend to play with you on split screen?
I Dont Have A Friend.. Can You be Mine?

BTW.. i LOVE Your Sig Comment.. ROTFLMFAOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Oh Emm Geeee
Old 04-26-2011, 06:26 AM   #10
ReverendSID

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Gold   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

It's actually fairly easy to do split screen co-op by yourself. There are only one or two chambers that are hard. I did from the calibration course to course 5 chamber 7 all by myself. And I got every trophy except for the 3 chambers in course 2 in under 60 seconds.

Then a buddy came over and we did the last two chambers in course 5 and the 3 chambers in course 2 under 60 seconds. So all I have left are the calibration with a newbie and the 3 hugs.

Blank friend requests will be ignored and deleted!
ReverendSID is offline   Reply With Quote