XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 04-23-2011, 05:48 AM   #1
ShadowAFC
Super Moderator

Awards Showcase Shadow's ''Box of Variety''   Staff - Super Moderator   Guide Supplement Silver   Word of Mouth - Gold   Helping Hand   Bronzer Than Nothing   Member of the Month Winner   Jack of All Trades   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Default Story Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

WARNING!
SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free zone about the game Portal 2. This thread has been created to discuss anything Portal related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "How do I..." thread. Any posts like this will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread. This thread is immune. Failure to use spoiler tags outside of this thread is punishable with a three day ban.
ShadowAFC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:41 AM   #2
Blackstar347

I'm in space /discuss
Old 04-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
Tiddy08

Send a message via MSN to Tiddy08

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

loved the ending, When I saw the moon, I thought. Wait a minute... Truly great ending. Does that mean the end of the portal series. Hmmm could always come back and help Glados. She saved us aswell

2014 35
17 100%
Tiddy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
I-Reaped-U

Cool

Yes I loved the ending. When the roof opened up and I saw the moon and shot a portal at it, I was like "Hell Yeah!" and it did that sparkle back at me, it was like the moon winked at me. Crazy shit. I love this game!

A troll at .com posted this video, I think some of you guys will like it.

Space Rant

I would've just posted the youtube video here, but for some crazy reason, html is disabled in this thread.

Last edited by I-Reaped-U; 04-23-2011 at 01:27 PM.
I-Reaped-U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #5
Naulziator

I just shot at the moon for fun, having forgotten what JJ Ja... what Cave said about moon rock. But when the game did that loading pause, then sucked me through the portal, I remembered and pretty much kicked myself for having shot at the moon too fast.

Man, if Mike Patton's Angry Core (red eyed core from Portal 1) was there to sing 'Epic' I would have died laughing. That was perhaps the most epic portal shot anyone could have done.

Pt #100: Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Too back the trophy image's not unique...
Naulziator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #6
Cornagandarub

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I think I loved the turret orchestra the most. Granted, the part where you SHOT A PORTAL ONTO THE FACE OF THE MOON was pretty epic, the follow up was even better.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #7
Spinsane

I could have sworn GlaDOS was gonna let me fly off into space, lol

Personnaly, the chapter I liked the most was the 6th, 'The Fall', seeing the old-school Aperture looks (and name change) was a real blast.

Also, after you jump trough the Aperture Science Inovators logo and then walk trough the doors to your first test chamber, there's a map that says "You are here" pointing to the bottom level of test shaft #9, and showing others numbered 4 to 8 right by... Anyone else expects them to release those as DLC eventually?
Spinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:03 PM   #8
Spikey654

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I loved that moon shot at the end, it was awesome

It's kinda weird at the very end. So Aperture is under a big wheat field? Will Chell be able to come back? Will we see a Portal 3?
Old 04-23-2011, 07:06 PM   #9
KAP

I love how intelligent Valve are as a gaming developer. Theres no other like them, and the ending to this game clearly proved that.

My mouth was open throughout that whole scene. I actually couldnt believe it!!!

My favorite part of the ending is Wheatley reflecting on what hes done and how sorry he actually is... its so simple but very very affective, and final.

Its a great way to end a game, and hope they dont make another. Its ended perfectly in my eyes.

...... Best. Ending. Ever.

Last edited by KAP; 04-23-2011 at 07:08 PM.
KAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:37 PM   #10
Gamersdg

They clearly ended this game so they could make more Portal's, Why I say this is because they left GlaDOS alive and in charge as long as she still alive she will be testing. Another thing to note is that Cave Johnson becomes obsesses with testing, First he started to test on the "elite" aka astronauts, Then they started to test on homeless people, then he started to test on his employees, at this point he says they are fading out human testing but then you have Chell and what GlaDOS says about her tells me they started to test on orphans.

I am now accepting Friends Request
PSN ID: GamerSDG
Xbox Live GamerTag: GamerSDG
I am also on xbox360achievements.org
Last updated: 12/01/2009
Gamersdg is offline   Reply With Quote