Story Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

ShadowAFC

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png WARNING! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png

SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free zone about the game Portal 2. This thread has been created to discuss anything Portal related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "How do I..." thread. Any posts like this will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread. This thread is immune. Failure to use spoiler tags outside of this thread is punishable with a three day ban.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I loved the ending. When the roof opened up and I saw the moon and shot a portal at it, I was like "Hell Yeah!" and it did that sparkle back at me, it was like the moon winked at me. Crazy shit. I love this game! :applause:

A troll at .com posted this video, I think some of you guys will like it.

I would've just posted the youtube video here, but for some crazy reason, html is disabled in this thread.

Edited by I-Reaped-U

I just shot at the moon for fun, having forgotten what JJ Ja... what Cave said about moon rock. But when the game did that loading pause, then sucked me through the portal, I remembered and pretty much kicked myself for having shot at the moon too fast.

Man, if Mike Patton's Angry Core (red eyed core from Portal 1) was there to sing 'Epic' I would have died laughing. That was perhaps the most epic portal shot anyone could have done.

I could have sworn GlaDOS was gonna let me fly off into space, lol

Personnaly, the chapter I liked the most was the 6th, 'The Fall', seeing the old-school Aperture looks (and name change) was a real blast.

Also, after you jump trough the Aperture Science Inovators logo and then walk trough the doors to your first test chamber, there's a map that says "You are here" pointing to the bottom level of test shaft #9, and showing others numbered 4 to 8 right by... Anyone else expects them to release those as DLC eventually?

I love how intelligent Valve are as a gaming developer. Theres no other like them, and the ending to this game clearly proved that.

My mouth was open throughout that whole scene. I actually couldnt believe it!!!

My favorite part of the ending is Wheatley reflecting on what hes done and how sorry he actually is... its so simple but very very affective, and final.

Its a great way to end a game, and hope they dont make another. Its ended perfectly in my eyes.

...... Best. Ending. Ever.

Edited by KAP

They clearly ended this game so they could make more Portal's, Why I say this is because they left GlaDOS alive and in charge as long as she still alive she will be testing. Another thing to note is that Cave Johnson becomes obsesses with testing, First he started to test on the "elite" aka astronauts, Then they started to test on homeless people, then he started to test on his employees, at this point he says they are fading out human testing but then you have Chell and what GlaDOS says about her tells me they started to test on orphans.

Great. I'm glad this thread was created. Now I can post some of my favorite dialog from the game.

I liked the very beginning where the computer's voice says "Now the gymnastic portion of this exercise is over" after you looked up and then down.

I loved it when you fell and Wheatly said something like "Did you find the gun?....Wait, are you alive still? I probably should've asked you that first."

I also liked it when you're in the part of the facility where you're hearing the owner's voice (I forgot his name) and he says something like "The bad news is that splicing mantis DNA into human volunteers has been canceled, but the good news is now we need volunteers to help fight off a army of mantis men."

But the best has to be at the end after hearing Glados deliver some really mean insults about your weight and the fact you're a orphan, Wheatly tries his best to insult you but all he can come up with is "Fatty, you're a orphan fatty."

Feel free to add more.

My FAVORITE part of all the dialouge...

When life gives you lemons, Just give the lemons back & yell, I DONT WANT THESE DAMN LEMONS, WHAT AM I SUPPOSE 2 DO with THESE?!?! Whats wrong with you ?! I DEMAND to see Lifes Manager !!!

I was ROTFLMAO for like 25 minutes !!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mt8I6cvFsM]YouTube - Portal 2 - Cave Johnson "Lemons"[/ame]

"In case of implosion. Look directly at implosion."

Neurotoxin generator imploded

"Welcome to Aperture, where the science is theoretical, but your $60 is fact!"

In the game's context $60 is the cash reward for testing; in real-life we paid that amount to buy the game

I know its not quite part of the game but I thought the Ending song was pure genius I was smiling and laughing all the way through it.

To be honest this game as a whole made me smile it would easier to tell you the parts that didn't make me smile (and there weren't many).

Hahaha also anyone got Pit Boss Trophy hahahah so funny "Oh I didn't know you would come back?"

All in all, the single player is a lot of fun. The humour is pitched just right, and there were loads of 'laugh out loud' moments, from start to finish. From GLaDOS telling Chell that her report identifies her as "a horrible person", to Wheatley describing her as "fatty fatty, no parents", I've never had so much fun being insulted!

GLaDOS has comfortably surpassed all others as my favourite video game character.

"Welcome to Aperture, where the science is theoretical, but your $60 is fact!"

In the game's context $60 is the cash reward for testing; in real-life we paid that amount to buy the game

But I paid £30 to buy the game, now I feel alienated. Perhaps I should hold onto that feeling - would that be the proper response? :confused:

Loved the dialogue from Wheatly about Bunch of Fellas waiting for me down the Pit. "Not picky ones. Don't mind brain-damaged and sweaty girls"

Core 1: I'm in Space.

But Game is Genious. That's it. I think we all agree.

Ps. feel sorry for Wheatly. Really loved the guy.