Co-Op Partners Thread (Read First Post!)

Blackstar347

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/news/boosting2.png

Co-op Partners Thread

What your post should at least include (but not limited to):

1. Your PSN ID
  2. Online trophies you're wanting to boost
  3. Your time zone

Please keep all discussions and planning in the coop boosting thread. Please do not create another thread if you're looking for a partner. another thread.

Since there are 21 trophies for co-op alone in portal 2 I was thinking this forum needs a a co-op thread for people who are getting Portal 2 next week!

Also use this thread to communicate with each other for these trophies in particular:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/610/43.jpg Professor Portal:

For this trophy people who have completed co-op (ie completed all 5 courses which includes 35 co-op chambers) needs to find a player who has never finished the first course in co-op: the calibration course. Please indicate when posting if you have completed the calibration course yet or need this trophy. To help out please do not start the co-op until you find a partner who has completed all courses in co-op (first few people in this thread should not worry)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/610/51.jpg Friends List with Benefits:

For this trophy you will need to hug 3 people in co-op who are also on your friends list. So whenever you are playing in co-op be sure to add the friend on PSN beforehand and hug them. In your post please indicate if you need to be hugged :3

Please use this thread and post your PSN and when you might be available for co-op play during the week so that we can buddy up. I have included SteamID just in case it is needed. For the Full trophy list see PS3Trophies.org - Portal 2 Trophies

Example profile:

PSN: RandomName

SteamID: Steamrocks

Progress: Course 4 Completed

Needs to be Hugged: Yes (hugged twice so far)

Other Trophies Needed: All co-op trophies needed besides course trophies.

Playtimes: Sometime o'clock

Edited by BreadSkin
Updated trophy tiles to PS3T ones

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PSN: Shadow-Ripper195

SteamID: none

Progress: Not started co op mode yet

Needs to be Hugged: Yes

Other Trophies Needed: All Co Op trophies

Play time: Sunday/Tuesday 10am-12pm Monday after 5 Thursday/Friday 10am-330pm Wednesday after 530pm

I'll add you on PSN but doesn't look like we have many overlapping play sessions. Let's get some more people in here we can't be the only ones without partners!

well i got the game early and yeah looking for a co-op buddy who is really into getting those trophies so yeah add me it would help if you lived in AUS aswell cuz thats were iam at so yeah feel free to add me to get those trophies and iam looking into plating this game as well so i be on it all easter weekend starting today after work lol

you guys already got this game (im jelly)

still need to wait till 21th, and than it could take 3 days before I have it because of to much orders.

anyways

PSN: RageCompex

SteamID: - (have none, need to create it)

Progress: Has not played co-op yet(able to help with Professor Portal)

Other Trophies Needed: All co-op trophies needed.

Playtimes: well uhm Blackstar347 I don't know, but what timezone are you talking about :p I live GMT+1. but I will be around every day, I don't have specific times I play, mostly in the evening.

Just ordered the game. Will be here in 2 days. So I will be looking for a co-op buddy! I'm on at night starting around 9-10PM Central Time (So USA players will probably work out best).

I have a mic

Send me a PSN FR if you want to go through Co-op together. Can start this weekend.

PSN: Wheat1328

Also, Send me a FR if you want someone to do the hug trophy with.

Edited by Wheat1328

PSN and Steam: Andrew05151

I just got the game and as thus have nothing, however...

The Professor Portal Trohpy looks like it could be a pain. You need to have completed all the co-op courses, and THEN play the first course with a first-timer, right? Well, that is tough since we're all getting the game at launch pretty much..

..but, I bet we could organize some of us to just make throwaway PSN accounts, just register a new Profile on the PS3 then make up a new PSN, for the sole purpose of helping to boost other's that need that trophy.

I'd be willing to do that if someone else would be willing to do the same in return.

**Edit: Just realized this has been discussed already in the Professor Portal specific thread. My bad.

Also, some have been speculating that just activating a second controller may pop the trophy. That seems too easy, though. I guess we can start testing some theories out once one of us finishes co-op..

Edited by Andrew05151

PSN: Angormatore

SteamID: Angormatore

Playtimes: im on literally all the time.. i got laid off and im looking for work so if your on.. 9 out of 10 im on swell.. except saturdays

My availability is sporadic but I'm on most afternoons. The semester will be ending soon and I should be available more during the day and evening.

PSN: January-Embers

SteamID: n/a

Progress: 0%

Playtimes: Monday - Friday 1pm - 5pm Saturday - all day Sunday - anytime after 5pm. (I'm GMT -5:00)

PSN: FlipJonesy

SteamID: Flip_Jonesy

Progress: Has not played co-op yet

Other Trophies Needed: I need all coop trophies

Playtimes: Monday-Thursday 9-11pm usually, US Central time

Edited by flipjonesy

PSN: ReaperZer0

SteamID: ReaperZer0

Progress: Have not played co-op yet (Able to help with Professor Portal)

Needs to be Hugged: Yes (3x)

Playtimes: Sporadic, but if you catch me on I can play as long as you want.

Please put "Portal 2" in the subject, or it will be deleted.

Edited by ReaperZer0

Hey, just passed co-op, it was so much fun. I need help with Professor Portal and Needs to be Hugged.

I'll help out in a couple of puzzles or whatever trophies you need.

PSN: Syem

SteamID: Syem

Progress: Completed co-op

Needs to be Hugged: Yes (3x)

Playtimes: On right now and will be for a few more hours. Will be on all week.

EDIT: I tried getting PP on my own but it seems like the person needs to be on your friends list before the course starts. I added someone on steam while doing the course and it didn't pop.

Edited by Syem

I just woke up, been a bit sick and its 2AM here soooo... Anyone on right NOW that has Portal 2? :D I'd like an online buddy since all the people I end up paired with don't have a mic and I end up getting d/c'd >.> Which is weird.

I just woke up, been a bit sick and its 2AM here soooo... Anyone on right NOW that has Portal 2? :D I'd like an online buddy since all the people I end up paired with don't have a mic and I end up getting d/c'd >.> Which is weird.

I am, if you want to give it a try.

EDIT: Guess not.

Edited by ReaperZer0

I have a question! so my friend and I started co-op from the beginning together and played all the way up until course 4. I never got the trophies for completing courses 2 and 3 but he got them just fine. we noticed on the entrances to those courses theres blue and yellow blocks we're guessing which indicates the test chambers in that area you need to complete since you can select left and right on them on the screens just inside those doors. even after beating them all some of those blocks werent colored in for me. we went back to course 2 and replayed certain stages, alternating who does which half of the puzzles, then when we got put back into the hub I had all the blocks and the checkmark for course 2 but still no trophy AND this same strategy didnt work for course 3. so wth??

we thought it was for not dieing but that wasnt the case either..

so what do those yellow and blue blocks indicate? We know it has to be blue means Atlus and Yellow is P-Body.

it'd be nice if the manual said something but nope, its just as useless as ever ;p

Edited by K-BAN

PSN: DjCircle

SteamID: sG | Quayle

Playtimes: I'm usually on, if not we could just plan a time cause my work schedule is sporadic.