Trophy Guide

Another guide has been chosen as the preferred guide for this game.

This thread has been closed and is not maintained and as a result may contain outdated or incorrect information. Please follow the link below for the preferred guide.

Guide created by AUGUSTUS007

****Please Do Not Copy****

Overview:

Estimated difficulty: 8 (see platinum difficulty ratings)

Offline: 48 Online: 0 (online pass: No)

Time to plat: 60+ Hrs

Minimum playthroughs needed: 1 with multiple saves

Cheats affect trophies: No

Difficulty affects trophies: No

Miserable trophies: none

Glitched trophies: Crow’s Nest

Roadmap

***Note*** This is my first ever attempt at a trophy guide so please be kind. I tried real hard to make it very comprehensible.

Introduction:

Port Royale 3 is an addicting economic trading RTS game that takes place in the Caribbean during the 16th and 17th centuries which will have you pitting for control among 5 other nations cities for endless hours. There are 3 types of game play: Trader- which teaches you how to trade & Adventurer- which teaches you how to Pirate and plunder ships. Both campaigns enable you to go to Free Play- which is like an open sandbox where you have complete control over how you want to play. In Port Royale there are 60 different historic cities to explore each with 20 commodities to trade and with 5 distinct production plants. There are 16 different ship types to choose from which could form trading or patrolling convoys. Ship’s battles can be done manually or automatic via command. Cities could be taken over peacefully or by force. Time could also be sped up10x. All trophies are obtainable in one campaign game but they will not come quickly. The game never really ends. Most trophies are obtainable through different game modes. Keep in mind, that some trophies specify” in a single game”, must be done in the same game. Always make multiple game saves just in case something goes wrong. Since Port Royale 3 has such a large learning curve lots of things could go wrong based on your actions and decisions? So save! Save! Save! Good luck with the plat!

Getting started:

Trader Campaign or Adventure Campaign?

Your choice! I personally chose Trader logically because, a large percentage of the trophies are attainable in this mode.

Trader Campaign

I suggest that you make a save and immediately go for power drinker! Not only will you get the trophy but this will enable you to become familiar with the navigational map and controls without worrying about losing money or being attacked by war ships. *Note* you must select the tavern icon in each city and keep a list of which cities’ taverns you went to! See detailed map of all cities at http://tyrenzin.deviantart.com/art/quot-Port-Royale-quot-map-57254446 Thanks, credit goes to tyrenzin.

Then you’re going to want to create a new save and start the trader campaign because the onscreen advisor tells you what tasks to achieve first before you could go any further. The trophies you will get are, Welcome to the Caribbean, Christening, Kudos, Got ye new ship, As Requested, Hypocritical. As you progress through Trader campaign other trophies should come naturally such as, Walk the Plank , Arr, True Hero, Always Welcome, Arm of the Law, Crow’s Nest (glitchy), Treasure Hunter, Clean Slate, Treasure Chest, Peace Maker, Conqueror, Wedding Bells, Aye, Aye, Capt’n

Free Mode

The other trophies will most likely come from playing Free Mode. When you complete Trader Mode the game will ask you if you wish to carry on to Free Mode without losing your progress. I suggest you do so because, though it’s a different mode, it still counts as one whole game hence; you’re able to obtain the other trophies, such as, Crow’s Nest, White Lamb, Wolf in Sheep’s clothing, Beelzebub, Lord of War, Puppet Master, Hoarding, Treasure Chest, Collectors Instinct, 1-way weapons, Veni, Vidi, Vici. So take advantage of this feature! Just remember to make multiple saves!

Gameplay 101

Forming Convoys

In the harbor highlight your ship yellow and it will say form convoy. If you want to add another ship to your convoy click on the harbor master icon at the harbor. (Looks like a light house). You then have a choice to either place your ship in the harbor (where it will stay at no cost per day) or add it to another ship. If you decide to add it to another ship make sure to find your ship’s menu box with the 3 boxes and press down on the d-pad to place your ships into those boxes. You could add as many ships as you want but could only attack with the power of any 3 ships you chose.

Forming Trade routes

Select a convoy you want to make a trade route with and use the D-pad on the ships menu till you get to trade route. From there highlight the city you want to trade with and then hit X. Rinse and repeat on as many cities you want up to 18. Then hit circle and choose sell and supply and then activate route.( later in the game you could switch to prosperity) The ships will automatically go to your chosen trade route and you’ll either make or lose money or not have enough resources so, choose your cities wisely.

billyplod Wrote: Generally trade routes need to be set up with a goal in mind. Providing raw materials or building supplies to a town.

So Port Royale produces Rum - Rum needs Sugar - so Cancun / Cayman / Trinidad / Port-au-Prince / Santo Domingo / Tortuga / Turk Islands all produce Sugar.

Then Port-au-Prince / Santo Domingo / Trinidad produce Cloth - Turk Islands needs cloth to produce Clothes but Cloth needs Cotton - and Sisal & Gerbera produce Colton

So Port Royal -> Cayman -> Sisal -> Cancun -> Evangelista -> Trinidad -> Santiago -> Port-au-Prince -> Tortuga -> Gerbera -> Turk -> Isabella -> Santa Domingo

Will provide Port Royal with Sugar, etc......

Attacking Ships

To attack a convoy of ships use your highlighted ship and move flashing crosshair with circle at the target and then press circle. If your ship reaches the target a new display screen will pop up with your ship’s stats vs. the enemy’s ship’s stats. You will have a choice to manual or automated battle. If you choose automated, speed up time to see the outcome. If you choose manual, see naval battle controls. Hitting the R 2 button with your selected ship will fire different ammunitions at the enemies’ ship depending on what you selected. If you want to board a ship hit the square button and then waited for the timer to turn green then carefully move your ship into the enemy’s circled area and wait for their timer to fill up. If successful you will board the ship.

Edited by Terminator
Added a link to the stickied guide.

Attacking Pirate hideouts

To attack a pirate hideout with you ship, select the hide out with your ships crosshair and press square and your ship will immediately go to the hide out. A display with attacking stats will pop up. If you chose it you will battle the pirate hide out in the town screen. Just choose the market place with you square button and the battle will unfold and the number of pirates as well as you sailor will deplete. You may have to attack the hideout more than once to successfully destroy it.

Attacking towns

Here’s my take on attacking towns. First form at least 2 or 3 strong convoys which have at least 6 to 10 liners for each of the convoys. Place all the convoys near the town you want to attack. Start with the first convoy and hit the circle button to attack town. Sometimes there are a number of ships (usually 3 to 4 enemy convoys) that you have to pass through. Eliminating them shouldn’t be a problem. Press down on the D-pad to alternate you ships. Then attack town. Now you’re in town mode. Depending on the town’s defense strength makes a big difference in how many times you need to attack it. For example, Town’s defense is 4(which are small) you should have no problem destroying its defenses. There are going to be green circles (usually 3 for each defensive structure.) You are going to select 1 of your 3 ships and then hit the square button on the green circle of your choice which now will turn yellow meaning that’s where your ship is going to attack from. Do the same for the remainder ships and watch the battle unfold.

Edited by Terminator
Making room for a note in the first post.

I'm Sorry but this is not working . It is not simple and I'm getting very frustrated. I spent relentless hours creating this guide. I cannot put more than 1000 character inside the text box with out getting error messages. I will kindly e-mail the guide to who ever wants to post it. At this point I don't even care any more. You could go ahead and delete previous posts.

Thanks,

AUGUSTUS007

Edited by AUGUSTUS007

I'm Sorry but this is not working . It is not simple and I'm getting very frustrated. I spent relentless hours creating this guide. I cannot put more than 1000 character inside the text box with out getting error messages. I will kindly e-mail the guide to who ever wants to post it. At this point I don't even care any more. You could go ahead and delete previous posts.

Thanks,

AUGUSTUS007

Drop me a PM with the guide in text format and I will post it. Then you will just have to get a mod to change the owners of the posts :)

Hey Augustus :)

I'll try and explain it best I can. Although Ed's offer is really nice of him, he can't do it every time and you need to learn eventually. I understand your frustration, I had a lot of it when I did my first guide. That was with the Trophy Guide Template linked above (which makes things a ton easier, trust me). Before that it looks like it was a nightmare :p. Luckily, once you've done it once it's easy to rememember in future and I have a template now in Word that I just copy over for other guides.

So basically, click on the link Ed posted and search for Port Royale 3, which will be on this site:

Guide Template: PS3TROPHIES.ORG | XBOX360ACHIEVEMENTS.ORG

This will give you the BBCode (the method of formatting this site uses) for both the Roadmap and the Trophy Guide. I see you've attempted an Overview above, but it looks like you've typed it yourself. Try using this instead (taken directly from the Template):

[NOPARSE]Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty:
  • Offline trophies: 62 (32(B), 26(S), 3(G), 1(P))
  • Online trophies:
  • Approximate amount of time to platinum:
  • Minimum number of playthroughs:
  • Number of missable trophies:
  • Glitched trophies:
  • Do trophies stack?
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?

[/NOPARSE]

When you copy the above, DON'T copy the parse tags, I put them in there so the BBCode would show up completely, as opposed to this, which is what it looks like without the parse tags. This is what you should fill in for your Roadmap:

Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty:
  • Offline trophies: 62 (32(B), 26(S), 3(G), 1(P))
  • Online trophies:
  • Approximate amount of time to platinum:
  • Minimum number of playthroughs:
  • Number of missable trophies:
  • Glitched trophies:
  • Do trophies stack?
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?

Now, for the guide. On the template website I linked, right underneath the Overview I've just pasted is the list of trophies. I won#t post all of them, but let's take the first 5. Copy and paste them into your Word document (or whatever word processing program you use), it'll look like this:

[NOPARSE]Trophy Guide:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1703/013.jpg Poseidon (P)

All Trophies received

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1703/201.jpg Hypocritical (B)

Pray 10 times

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1703/5E9.jpg As Requested (B)

10 tasks fulfilled

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1703/B0D.jpg Power Drinker (B)

Visit all 60 taverns

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1703/ADF.jpg Treasure Hunter (B)

Find a treasure with the help of a treasure map

[/NOPARSE]

Once again, that's the forum coding. If I were to take the parse links out, it'll look like the following:

Trophy Guide:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1703/013.jpg Poseidon (P)

All Trophies received

Pray 10 times

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1703/5E9.jpg As Requested (B)

10 tasks fulfilled

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1703/B0D.jpg Power Drinker (B)

Visit all 60 taverns

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1703/ADF.jpg Treasure Hunter (B)

Find a treasure with the help of a treasure map

So there you go, that's how you get the formatting seen in all the other guides on the site. Now, you have your trophy descriptions written out, so just cut and paste them under the respective trophy names above. So, for example:

[NOPARSE]http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1703/201.jpg Hypocritical (B)

Pray 10 times

Visit the Church and press :square: once inside to pray. Do this 10 times to unlock this trophy.[/NOPARSE]

Now, copy the above from Word into this forum (again, delete the parse tags), and it'll look like this:

Pray 10 times

Visit the Church and press :square: once inside to pray. Do this 10 times to unlock this trophy.

(Bear in mind I've never played this game before so I have no idea how to unlock this trophy. I used the above description as an example :p)

I hope this explanation has been of some help. It is daunting at first, so don't worry, we'll get your guide uploaded! Everyone went through it at some stage, but it's like riding a bike, you'll always remember once you first do it.

If you have any questions, reply in this thread or just PM me directly :)

Edited by Darth_Krid