• 1 month later...

Finished a long game at PC, more than 50 hours at the seas, this week and i can say the game hasn't improved a little bit, so if you like it's all you get. Didin't play DLCs.

However, if my PC version had trophies i'd get a lot of them, almost all, as no multiplayer is required and just a few trophies can't (or become hard) to do at the same playthrough.

Basically you just need one run in the game, a very long, starting by being bad and offensive, going over smaller countries and eliminating them to get conquering/destruction/piracy trophies. Then you can shift to "polite mode" and stop agression while going for paceful trophies with large countries.

However, it's easier if you do 2 separate games for a bad and good run. The merchant/trade trophies are really easy to get at good run, cause you're open arms welcomed at all ports.

It's an easy game with easy trophies, but expect about 60 hours sinked (oh, lame joke) on it :whistle:

Don't forget i played at PC, fulfilled requirements for trophies many times bud didn't actually got them, i'm giving my impression cause nobody created a guide yet.

I just got port royale 3, spent a few hours on it this morning, so far the only difficulty ive had is the battle mode ( the instruction manual isnt very helpful it does not even tell u the 'broadside' button') so i lost my 1st battle hahaha didnt even get to board da pirates :( so far it seems exactly how i expected it. i expect the platinum will be difficult mainly due the long hours spent going from town to town to sell goods for profit. i duuno if i have the skill to write a guide myself, but ill see how well i go, and if i find anything that id call usefull to help future players out there ill add to this thread :D . ok back to being a pirate arrrrhh ;P

Edited by MattInDaHatt

doing alright, rank of helmsman arrrrhh :) need to find a decent trade route though, i got 1 which ever so slowely makes some profit, but my town/business expenses chew thru it like a mofo lol. so im just carving thru some pirates, capturing thier goods, n 1 ship each battle, so can either sell the busted ass corvette for 25k ish, or repair to increase the barrel load of my convoys :D

On trading routes subject i always found very important:

- to protect your trading ships adding one or two militar ships fully equiped

- always include a capital city (because they usually need what minor towns produce).

- create one trade route only to supply your production chain (it's good if your business are concentrated inicially only at one or two near cities, so they can be supplied with one same route).

Those however are my notes for early using of routes, when you're a master router with zilion ships and get 500k coins per day you can do basically what you desire because your costs would be covered :D

I'm all but 7 trophies away from plat. Its some what hard to get the 30 towns. I have around 18 or so. most of the towns have a defense of 8 plus. I cant seem to capture them. Any suggestions. I played well over 50 plus hours and still need vici, checkmate, D-fence, Disposable weapons, lord of war, lean back and collector s instinct. I think collector instinct, vici , check mate and D-fence are going to be hard.

2 questions:

1. How do you lower a towns defense so I could capture it? 2. Also how do you actually capture a ship using manual controls? I captured a pirates barc but don't remember what I did. I still am looking for a Bark and sloop.

Anyways, here is another excellent site to help you along except, for those 2 questions I asked.

kalypso media :: forum - Port Royale 3: Pirates & Merchants

Edited by AUGUSTUS007

On trading routes subject i always found very important:

- to protect your trading ships adding one or two militar ships fully equiped

- always include a capital city (because they usually need what minor towns produce).

- create one trade route only to supply your production chain (it's good if your business are concentrated inicially only at one or two near cities, so they can be supplied with one same route).

Those however are my notes for early using of routes, when you're a master router with zilion ships and get 500k coins per day you can do basically what you desire because your costs would be covered :D

lol, it took me a long time to get in the plus. I basically capture a town or have permission to build and then buy most business and build my own. Then when im lacking resources I just buy the businesses that are lacking resources and demolish them and build things that don't need recourses with the extra space. lol its been working for me so far. I also have the suggested trading routs from kalipso and make sure I have 3 ships preferably war gallons and the pirates always loose. But, I don't know crap about business . lol This game is defiantly a long learning curve.

Edited by AUGUSTUS007

Read kalipso's trade guide and it helps, but it came late, now i have the experience necessary after playing zillion hours the PC version, where combat is manual by default so never had that combat problem, sry.

At easier difficulties the price difference between raw and manufactored products is small, so your strategy to demolish everything works, but at higher difficulties it's always good to control different production chains. Manufactored products sell always higher. :)

If you just control raw materials's chains then you don't need supply, wich is good, but it's easier to overproduce, decreasing the prices and the profit at trade route. Produce everything and you'll get higher profit.

3 defender ships is a lot at a single route, just necessary when your route pass too close to many pirate hidouts. Usually 2 defense ships is just enough. :think:

EDIT: forgot tower defense subject. Use more than one squad to capture cities, send the first with only cannons (no swords) and attack towers. When you're probably losing to that overwhelming defense, retreat and before they rebuild (what takes some days) send the next squad. When i say one squad i mean one group of ships, only warships, fully equipped with cannons. Sometimes 3 squads are needed when defenses are maxed, depending of your combat skill, but it can be easier when you discover how to manual control at PS3.

Edited by BerserkerBR

Read kalipso's trade guide and it helps, but it came late, now i have the experience necessary after playing zillion hours the PC version, where combat is manual by default so never had that combat problem, sry.

At easier difficulties the price difference between raw and manufactored products is small, so your strategy to demolish everything works, but at higher difficulties it's always good to control different production chains. Manufactored products sell always higher. :)

If you just control raw materials's chains then you don't need supply, wich is good, but it's easier to overproduce, decreasing the prices and the profit at trade route. Produce everything and you'll get higher profit.

3 defender ships is a lot at a single route, just necessary when your route pass too close to many pirate hidouts. Usually 2 defense ships is just enough. :think:

EDIT: forgot tower defense subject. Use more than one squad to capture cities, send the first with only cannons (no swords) and attack towers. When you're probably losing to that overwhelming defense, retreat and before they rebuild (what takes some days) send the next squad. When i say one squad i mean one group of ships, only warships, fully equipped with cannons. Sometimes 3 squads are needed when defenses are maxed, depending of your combat skill, but it can be easier when you discover how to manual control at PS3.

wo, slow down, your giving me excellent valuble advise. How do you work in squads? How do you go in with guns. This is all new to me. Finally , someone who knows his stuff. Dude, I've never seen this or heard of this. The freaking learning curve on this game is large. Can you do this with the ps3 version? Because the manual given, although nice , isn't enough. Please explain how to do this in more detail. I have 20 ships in a convoy 7 liners 4 war gallons and other crap I never use. Then I have another convoy of 3 liners. I usually attack the town with the war gallons because the a slue of ships first. Then when its time to attack with the liners I switch to them ( they are part of that same 20 ship convoy). I wind up loosing the battle and then bring in my other convoy but the defense of the town never seems to go down. What am I doing wrong.

Thanks

Edited by AUGUSTUS007

wo, slow down, your giving me excellent valuble advise. How do you work in squads? How do you go in with guns. This is all new to me. Finally , someone who knows his stuff. Dude, I've never seen this or heard of this. The freaking learning curve on this game is large. Can you do this with the ps3 version? Because the manual given, although nice , isn't enough. Please explain how to do this in more detail. I have 20 ships in a convoy 7 liners 4 war gallons and other crap I never use. Then I have another convoy of 3 liners. I usually attack the town with the war gallons because the a slue of ships first. Then when its time to attack with the liners I switch to them ( they are part of that same 20 ship convoy). I wind up loosing the battle and then bring in my other convoy but the defense of the town never seems to go down. What am I doing wrong.

Thanks

Convoy, convoy, i knew i was using the wrong word, sry for my bad english, i know it's hard for ppl to understand my confusing phrases. :) When i say, squad last post, sub it by "convoy".

I play PC version unpatched, but i know one patch was released for PR3 because the game always try to update and tells me my version (1.00) is old.

In this version takes about 3 or 4 days to repair the defense capacities of a town previously attacked, wich goes very fast if you play at faster speeds. Idk if PS3 version is like that or if you took so long (using fast speed) and let days pass for it's recovery or if they changed it and by retreating you'll lose your progress in damage-wise speaking.

My convoys are war galleons-only-cannons-only and after lose my first tries i manage to keep beating cities like hell, training is everthing. When my second convoy comes defenses are pretty decreased, so i finish it and take the town/hideout.

You know you control all ships of your convoy as if they were a single ship, right? You saw that that ship you play have same firepower that your entire convoy...

EDIT: Terminator can tell us about those differences between versions and/or patches, he's very addicted in this game and knows everything :-p

Edited by BerserkerBR

You know you control all ships of your convoy as if they were a single ship, right? You saw that that ship you play have same firepower that your entire convoy...

EDIT: Terminator can tell us about those differences between versions and/or patches, he's very addicted in this game and knows everything :-p

No, what exactly do you mean? Example, I have 6 liners and attack a town with 8 defense I loose. How can I alternate the other 3 liners ?I could only attack with the original 3 and then I loose. I just don't get this part. If I have 6 liners I should be able to attack with all 6 , No?

No, what exactly do you mean? Example, I have 6 liners and attack a town with 8 defense I loose. How can I alternate the other 3 liners ?I could only attack with the original 3 and then I loose. I just don't get this part. If I have 6 liners I should be able to attack with all 6 , No?

When attacking a town your convoy is represented by one single ship that you control and it's firepower is the sum of the convoy's firepower. When you lose al ships are sunked unless any ship at your convoy wasn't carrying cannons, those unarmed ships are spared. This is what happens here at my PC.

Usually i pause after the battle (when camera returns to world map) and give order to next convoy attack same town (second convoy already waiting few meters outside town to avoid defense reconstruction) and start new battle.

Did you check what i said about reconstruction in PS3 version? Discovered how many days it take or if the game automatically reconstruct towers when you lose an attack so you'l never see town's defenses decrease between battles?