General Trophy Discussion

• 5 months later...

Nice video post above, although because of that guy's voice, all I could think of the entire time was... [spoiler=1234][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f68VXKMZT1Q]Buzz Killington - YouTube[/ame]

Still thinking of getting this when it becomes bargain bid fodder by the end of the year.

Edited by VazzVegas

This game is quite good, been playing for a few days now n I've got most of the trophies, the only trophies that will be quite hard will be taking over the towns....

I've taken over a town peacefully, and attack and took over a city.... But every time I take a city now the other countries attack immediately after I just taken it and they get the city.....

I have bout 28million gold and rising, I can build in other countries towns and earn money but it seems the best way to take over the towns is by doing it peacefully

If anybody could find a easy way to take other the towns without the countries attacking straight after u taken it, could u let me know...

Otherwise it's going to be hard taking over 30 towns

But apart from that. Game seems quite easy

I have not taken over towns in aggressive ways as I am getting other trophies out of the way, but in the previous parts of the series taking over towns without everyone hating you went this way:

Nations at war with each other

Get a letter of marque (only lets you attack convoys without repercussions)

After the enemy nation was sufficiently weakened, you can get a mission from the viceroy to take over a city.

Actually are pirates the key to take over towns without being smashed. Get your factions high and search for a town you want to capture. Be also sure to have at least one known pirate hideout (while 2 or more would of course be better).

As second step attack the town (piratery, loosing reputation at each faction) or do it legal working for one nation in war (loosing only faction at the attacked faction). As long as you are above 25% at any faction won't they attack you.

As soon as you see that any faction reaches this area do a break in your attack and destroy all fleets a pirate has in his hideout (each fleet will grant a small boost to all factions). Now get your town.

And if the pirate fleets aren't enough, destroy the hideout which will grant a more majorly boost - the size of it seems to depend on how dangerous the pirate was. One hideout should cover one city if your reputation with all factions were above 50%. However, for the bigger cities should you start with nearly full reputation or have a few more hideouts in the backhand.

And if you are a risky person, take the city first (no matter how low you drop) and simply attack some hideouts afterwards. This way will it require less faction gains (can't sink below 0%) but will leave you vulnerable for the time between the capture and the pirate hideout.

And to build your faction up before an attack on any city should you simply do some citytasks like building some companies (if you are allowed to build there) or delivering some required goods.

I personally am more concerned about the "David-Versus-Goliath" trophy. As of this moment do I not see a possibility to destroy a 60 cannon fleet (60 cannons are most likely 2 or 3 ships) with one single ship of the smallest type. It was hard enough to even get one of them cause I never saw one for sell and had to search trader fleets for it - and if you find one is it hard enough to capture it cause if your fleet are to big or if it's just one ship but a too strong one will they surrender right away making you unable to capture them.

Edited by Jjos

The David vs Goliath is really easy.

You just need a pinasse and several other ships in the same convoy. Then buy as many explosive barrels as as you can and throw the other ships out of the convoy.

Now you have way more barrels instead of the 2 a pinasse can carry. Now use them :D

What hasn't unlocked for me is the "discover 10 pirate hideouts in a single game" It seems that you have to discover them yourself. I have over 10 hideouts on the map at the same time, but almost all locations were given to me and not found by my patrols

Edited by Lucksi

What hasn't unlocked for me is the "discover 10 pirate hideouts in a single game" It seems that you have to discover them yourself. I have over 10 hideouts on the map at the same time, but almost all locations were given to me and not found by my patrols

That's exactly your mistake cause you need to discover them all by yourself. So either following pirate ships around til they dock or if you buy informations about a pirate in a tavern place a ship in the mentioned area and let it wait til anything happen - but not on patrol!

You won't discover the hideout if your fleet attacks the incomming pirate ships - on the other side will you discover the hideout if the pirate is sending his pretty first ship. In this case do you also have the advantage of attacking it right away that this pirate won't be able to attack any other trader fleet.

Can anybody help me with Collector's Instinct trophy....

I have played a free play game and pretty much bought every ship their can be but no trophy yet, the only ships I can are the liner, military frigate, war galleon, fluyt, corvette, frigate, and I started with a pinnace, and bought a ship begins with a S , but forgot what it's called now since they don't show up anymore....

Is there any other ship that can be bought somewhere else apart from the ones that I have already? Thanks

And Hunt For Booty trophy...

Loot 25,000 barrels, how do I do this, do I attack all the pirates dens or is it to find the shipwrecks that give u barrels instead of money sometimes?

There is a total of 16 ships in this game and you need to own them all togehter at the same time. For a list you can refer to this post inside the developer forum based on the PC version:

Ship List (New)

I personally only saw the trade fluyt once (in a town for sale) and since I'm playing a campaign game I converted into a free game at the end had to steal a pinnace from a trade fleet only using this ship type.

Pirate barques are used by pirates (surprise, surprise!) and military ships can be stolen from military fleets (another surprise) but are also sold from time to time.

Regarding the "loot 25k barrels" am I kinda unsure. Based on the trophy image would I say that you need to attack trade fleets and steal their stuff - also is "to loot" best used after defeating a fleet in my opinion.

Most stuff is shipped by the treasure fleets of the nations after they were at any major city - but they are good covered and of course will you loose faction.

However: This is just a guess since I don't own this trophy yet!

• 3 weeks later...

If anybody is having trouble with any of the trophys.... There is a trophy guide over on our sister site

Here it is: Achievement Guide and Roadmap - Xbox360Achievements.org

Most of the trophys I have left seems easy to get, with the trophy guide and reading what I hav to do to get them but I'm taking time away from this because I'm hooked on Fifa 13....

Hopefully will get back into this later this month

Most of the trophys I have left seems easy to get, with the trophy guide and reading what I hav to do to get them but I'm taking time away from this because I'm hooked on Fifa 13....

Hopefully will get back into this later this month

Lol i have the exact same thing. Contrary to most people on here i'm actually quite liking this game, but fifa 13 and nba 2k13 take ip all my time right now. Thanks for the tip on the trophy guide, seems like this game is way more popular on xbox!

• 4 months later...

For the Crow's Nest trophy, do all 10 of the hideouts need to appear on the map at the same time?

I've manually found at least 15 of the 18 hideouts I've killed in one game, and at least 13 of the 15 in another game, yet no trophy.

At most, I've seen 6 hideouts on the map at the same time and fast-forwarding through several years doesn't seem to make any more appear until some of the hideouts are killed off.

This trophy is a huge PITA.

• 5 weeks later...