Survival Mode Trophy

Mark

Ok, so i've been working on trying to get this trophy for a while now. Here is what I am doing. Playing the first stage on easy. I can get about 500,000 or so on this lvl. I am wondering about other peoples scores and on what difficulty and what lvl they are playing on. Does anyone know if I increase the difficulty will my score increase more? Or should I just continue on easy? Happy Hunting.

I didn't notice any difference in points on harder settings and judging from the the few that got that trophy so far they all do easy level 1.

I was pretty were you are now for a little while (stuck in the 500k to 600k range), practice your speed and accuracy so you can clear the first waves and get the multiplier up.

Now I just restart when I die before I have at least x4 or x5, then of course try not to die too fast and rack up big points for combos (both the explosions and freeze are useful to get high combos at this point).

This usually nets me a bit over 1 million now on a regular basis, just a matter of time now before it manage to stay alive long enough for 1.5 million. If you manage to keep that multiplier going i think you are in 1.5 territory around wave 10 or 11.

Just don't die, and have awareness of the trappers with guns.

I did it on very easy on the first stage so all you have to worry about is again the trappers with guns in their arsenals. As Castel said the key is pretty much not dying which I know is easier said than done, but if you can get multipliers early on in survival and not die you should have it around wave 10-12 (I think I hit 1.5 million then).

There's not really any techniques you can use for this--it just takes a bit of practice. :)

The only other thing is those little blue bonus blocks that freeze all the trappers, use them toward either the end of a wave (so you can kill the rest of the enemies hopefully, and add another +1 multiplier) or when you're about to die to save your current multipliers. I found the longer in the wave I waited to use them the more useful they were, since the points are of no use if you die right after and have to restart again with building up your multiplier.

At the very beginning of the wave if there's ice blocks below/above an igloo where the trappers spawn I found it easy to kick them up/down to kill multiple ones before they could walk away and hurt me. Be careful doing this though, as I've been shot in the face at times being too close to the spawning trappers attempting this.

Not sure if you know either (it's pretty useful) but if you DO die the polar bear comes back and flashes for a couple seconds. If you're really surrounded by enemies upon respawning you can run into the enemies and they'll be killed by Polar's uh.. invincibleness. Either way, it's a useful form (albeit if last resort) of 2 second defense.

Edited by antiheroforhire

• 1 month later...