PS4 Loud Fan Noise

kantera

Hi Everyone

I've had my PS4 since launch and the last couple of months it started to sound like an airplane taking off. I've taken off the panel and used my vacuum cleaner and cleaned it. Then I booted up Rainow Six again but to no avail because the plane started to take off again.

Anymore tips for me?

Thanks!

Try using an Air duster, those work like a charm. Do you also have your PS4 outside like on top of a table or something? Do not have it inside of a secluded place like that has 4 walls around it for instance, that can easily overheat it.

With that said, some games just make the fan louder so if it's only making loud noises for Siege, then I really wouldn't worry about it much.

Try using an Air duster, those work like a charm. Do you also have your PS4 outside like on top of a table or something? Do not have it inside of a secluded place like that has 4 walls around it for instance, that can easily overheat it.

With that said, some games just make the fan louder so if it's only making loud noises for Siege, then I really wouldn't worry about it much.

This^

Some games make a lot of noise because they push the hardware to the limit but others are so quiet you practically have to put your ear to the PS4 to hear anything :). If it's just this one game that's making a racket, then I really wouldn't worry about it :).

Enclosed spaces are not good for a console's health, you need to move it somewhere that's much more ventilated on all sides. By "Air Duster", I presume WB means a can of Compressed Air :think:.

Ah ok thanks, its because I live in Belgium and I really didn't understand the method of how to do this :)

My PS4 was making a terrible sound when I put in Bloodborne and I found out that it rests on 2 feet on the left side, close to the disc, at the front and back so there is a high chance of it vibrating when it spins the disc. I stuck a bit of cardboard under the right side and it no longer makes any noise. :D

My PS4 was making a terrible sound when I put in Bloodborne and I found out that it rests on 2 feet on the left side, close to the disc, at the front and back so there is a high chance of it vibrating when it spins the disc. I stuck a bit of cardboard under the right side and it no longer makes any noise. :D

I love it how everybody finds a way :applause:

These things are not designed to live forever. Look at phones these days. You are lucky to get 2 years out of them.

My PS4 will blow up but I've made sure to back up all file on the cloud.

Warning to all. If you are having this problem be sure to put your save files on the and/or usb. Save yourself some potential heartache.