Online fails so hard...

I get to play at best 1 in 5 matches.

There are constant errors and disconnects.

Edit: That was for 2v2. I've been trying to get a free-for-all match for over half an hour now.

Try it somewhere else or check your internet settings. I have been having no problem finding games unless it is a very off time where it is the middle of the night In part of the world

The way online matchmaking works in this game is that it will always try to search players closest to you (by ping) and then gradually expand the search (though not enough, in my opinion). Depending on where you live finding games will be either really easy or borderline impossible. If you live in a populated area of the US or UK you'll find a game no problem. If you live in Eastern Europe (like me), you're fucked. I mostly get paired up with Germans and Polish players, on rare occasions would get paired up with UK players.

That being said, the online system in this game is a pile of shit :deadhorse: If you think that finding a game is bad, just wait until you get those stupid errors. So it takes forever to find a game, when it FINALLY manages to find a fucking game, one of the following things will occur: 1) you will get booted back to menu with an error code 2) you'll notice that game is starting with 3 other players, after the map intro cutscene only 2 other players will remain in the game. Why? Because the 4th player got the error.

It was a nightmare for me to get the online trophies because the system is so fucked. I would either get no games, games with only 2 other players (making triple kill trophy unobtainable) or games with nothing but level 999 addicts.

Edited by DarkDante14

Same thing happened with me, and i played the game when it was free for PS+ so at the time it had a bigger player pool, even then i struggled to find matches and when i did an error would occour in-game, kicking me back to the menu, or someone was kicked, OR i couldn't find any matches whatsoever. I'd sit in the lobby for half an hour and when i did find people they were all too good, but i never found levels 999s, thank God!

Thankfully some characters have a Level 3 Super that kills everyone immediately, and since the game was free for PS+, i did find some noobs here and there which made the plat easier. :D

I don't get those level 999ers. It's not that great of a game, especially in terms of it's genre, so I can't understand what would make someone play it obsessively like that. It's not like there's anything they can possibly do after they've achieved the level cap.

Maybe it's one of their only games. Not everyone has dozens of games at their disposal. Plus...it is nice to play games that you are good/high ranked at. Of course...I think that some of those 999s are bloated. I actually beat a 999 in my first few games. And I am awful at fighting games.

I don't get those level 999ers. It's not that great of a game, especially in terms of it's genre, so I can't understand what would make someone play it obsessively like that. It's not like there's anything they can possibly do after they've achieved the level cap.

It seems there will always be "addicts" (as I call them) for every game, regardless of the game's quality. I agree with you on that the game itself isn't very good. I know I'm not the one to comment on fighting games, since I'm pretty bad at them, but the character balance is PSABR is awful. Some characters can do like 2 pathetic hits and the enemy will get recovery time (with invincibility) while other characters can easily spam moves and essentially stun-lock enemies :facepalm:

The first few times I tried for the 2v2 double kill with Toro tonight, I got paired with a level 999 who just killed everyone before I'd even got my power level up to 2, the plus side of that was the match was over so quickly I never died so got the trophy for that. I then got matched against someone boosting themselves with dual characters who kept leaving as soon as the match started which was frustrating. Eventually I got paired with some other noobs like myself and got the 2v2 double kill.

The 3 kill one is fairly easy in a timed match even if you're getting your ass kicked just got to be patient and build up your power to level 3 with an insta-kill character like Parapa.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I didn't have any problems on PS3 that I remember so thought I'd get another easy plat on my vita but my god it's rediculous trying to play online. I got all trophies in around 10 hours besides tripple kill and win a match without dying and spent another 10 yesterday and didn't manage either one. Takes forever and a day to get a match then if I'm lucky enough to get close to a level three super at all I get disconnected or the host does. It's driving me nuts.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have failed to obtain my Vita platinum for this shitty game due to the fact that the online component of this game is complete and utter crap. All I need is 3 trophies, but it's impossible to find a game online. It's been over 12 months since I gave up on this piece of garbage.

A few months ago the developers tweaked the game with hundreds of adjustments. and for me personally, it was all a big waste of time. When the one thing they did need to do was REMOVE the SHITTY online setup. A match made online? Oh really. What bullshit. Private lobbies should have been added. Not only for easy as cake boosting, but also for the sake of just playing with your buddies.

Seriously, this game really pissed me off. I want to complete it and delete it off my Vita. Oddly enough, I obtained the PS3 platinum rather easily.

ANY ADVICE ON HOW I CAN PLATINUM THE VITA VERSION? There is never ever anyone online.