Can't connect to the online at all

I've been trying to get the online trophies for about two weeks now, but every single time I've tried to connect to an online match (both ranked and unranked), it says searching for opponents for about 3 minutes, and then I get "Failed to find a valid match to join: Error Code 0314-0101". I've been platinuming other games these past two weeks but I've been checking back nearly everyday and each time the result has been the same.

Rarely it has said that it found opponents, but then it always goes back to "searching for opponents", and then the error code. There has been ONE time where I've actually found a match, but 30 seconds in I got disconnected.

Is there something wrong with my connection or are the servers simply terrible? And what should I do to get the online working and allow me to actually achieve the platinum instead of being stuck on 81% forever?

• 2 weeks later...

Where do you live? The matchmaking is heavily location or rather latency-based. If you live in an area that doesn't have many PSBAR players nearby you will most likely end up with barely any games if any at all. On top of that, the online for this game is shit and the error code you're getting is common.

The way online matchmaking works in this game is that it will always try to search players closest to you (by ping) and then gradually expand the search (though not enough, in my opinion). Depending on where you live finding games will be either really easy or borderline impossible. If you live in a populated area of the US or UK you'll find a game no problem. If you live in Eastern Europe (like me), you're fucked. I mostly get paired up with Germans and Polish players, on rare occasions would get paired up with UK players.

Also, check you NAT type in Network Settings. If it's NAT Type 1 or 2 then you should be fine, if it's NAT Type 3 then that's the problem.

Edited by DarkDante14

Ah, in that case location would be the problem considering I live in Australia. I checked my NAT type and I'm Type 2 so that should be fine, and my location would be the problem. I guess the only course of action would be to keep trying until I get some matches.

Thanks a bunch for that info, though, and helping me out. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Problems finding players may be related to your location. But the bunch of errors that the game keeps showing have nothing to do with that.

Yup, I said that in my post too:

On top of that, the online for this game is shit and the error code you're getting is common.

From what I read in various forums, the online has been terrible for this game since the launch. With that said, my friend who lives in the UK got way less errors than I did so I wouldn't rule out location that easily. It's obviously a connection error of some kind though no official explanation was ever given by Sony or the developers. The further you live from servers, the higher the possibility your request will time out, the more connection errors you'll get. Location does matter even if it's not the main cause.

I've had the same problem. I'm in Australia and have found any match I've been invited to disconnects as soon as the match begins. It's the same whether I invite a friend or a friend invites me.

So far I have only been able to try with people from other countries (Europe, US etc). If anyone else is from Australia and is having the same issues with invites from overseas, post here and maybe we can try it ourselves.

I'm having the same problem.

I only need the triple kill one and I'm done with the online trophies but I can't join any games to get it.

Are there any known fixes?

Add me and we'll give it a go. Surely two of us searching should be easier. PSN - TDark_

• 1 month later...

I'm also in Australia. Borrowed a friends Vita and had them side by side attempting to join a match and it still wouldn't. Error code 0314-0101 :( looks like another game that is un-finishable due to crap servers.

If it's region based should we try and use poroxies to put us in the US? does the game even work in the US or anywhere?

Edited by CyberGenesys

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have failed to obtain my Vita platinum for this shitty game due to the fact that the online component of this game is complete and utter crap. All I need is 3 trophies, but it's impossible to find a game online. It's been over 12 months since I gave up on this piece of garbage.

A few months ago the developers tweaked the game with hundreds of adjustments. and for me personally, it was all a big waste of time. When the one thing they did need to do was REMOVE the SHITTY online setup. A match made online? Oh really. What bullshit. Private lobbies should have been added. Not only for easy as cake boosting, but also for the sake of just playing with your buddies.

Seriously, this game really pissed me off. I want to complete it and delete it off my Vita. Oddly enough, I obtained the PS3 platinum rather easily.

ANY ADVICE ON HOW I CAN PLATINUM THE VITA VERSION? There is never ever anyone online.

I have failed to obtain my Vita platinum for this shitty game due to the fact that the online component of this game is complete and utter crap. All I need is 3 trophies, but it's impossible to find a game online. It's been over 12 months since I gave up on this piece of garbage.

A few months ago the developers tweaked the game with hundreds of adjustments. and for me personally, it was all a big waste of time. When the one thing they did need to do was REMOVE the SHITTY online setup. A match made online? Oh really. What bullshit. Private lobbies should have been added. Not only for easy as cake boosting, but also for the sake of just playing with your buddies.

Seriously, this game really pissed me off. I want to complete it and delete it off my Vita. Oddly enough, I obtained the PS3 platinum rather easily.

ANY ADVICE ON HOW I CAN PLATINUM THE VITA VERSION? There is never ever anyone online.

I play on vita to and I live in new zealand it sucks cause I always get error 0314-0101

• 3 weeks later...

Same, been trying to find opponents the whole day and didn't manage to even play with a player. I live in South-East Asia region, anyone knows if we can use proxy to obtain location to find player? Please help this poor soul who have been troubling to get those online trophies.

• 2 months later...

I'm in the UK... I tried to connect online for the very first time, and got a 2v2 match within a minute. No one left, and the guy I got matched with was level 500+ (the other two were level 1!). So I got two trophies in the space of a couple of minutes :)

So it seems the online is still very much alive!

• 1 month later...