What are some characters you would like to see?

Hey guys. Picked this game up from the monthly PS+ grab bag and I gotta say, I was impressed with the line up. half the fighters hardened bad asses (Kratos, Raiden, Cole, etc) for the more serious fighters, and half silly characters for younger fans. (Sackboy, Toro, Fat Princess, etc.) I really got thinking though. what are some other Playstation "staples" out there that didn't make the cut that would be awesome too see and use? I'll Start off.

Serious fighters Id like:

1) Raziel, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (Was always such a great series to me)

2) Albert Wesker, Resident Evil (his ridiculous powers ruin RE for me, but they fit this game perfect)

3) Lara Croft, Tomb Raider (one of THE longest standing PS icons)

Kiddie fighters I'd Like:

1) Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot (I see serious potential here from fruit bazookas, to ooga booga, to just his spin. could be very versatile)

2) Spyro, Spyro the Dragon (No specific reason, just think he'd fit well)

3) Rayman, Rayman. (could be a great mid range character, very iconic to the PS brand)

I thought the roster lacked real depth and variety. I felt like there wasn't enough separating a good chunk of the characters. I played as Drake a lot, so I had little to no incentive to ever play as Radec, Issac or Emmett. I still like the roster though.

Cool characters to add in future games would Crash, Spyro, Rayman, Gex, Knack, Sora, Rikku, Yuna (think Pokemon Trainer in Smash, but with classic summons like Shiva, Bahamut and Ifrit), Cloud, Sephiroth, Carmelita, Bentley, Murray, Joel & Ellie (as one character), Delsin Rowe, Bigby Wolf (The Wolf Among Us), Monokuma (Danganronpa), Kutaro & Moon Bear King (The Puppeteer, as two characters), Iota & Atoi, Ico, Wander (Shadow of the Colossus) and so on.

There's so much potential to develop a roster that rivals or even exceeds Smash Bros. I really hope they do make a sequel. Especially if that sequel actually has a single player that's worth playing.

1) Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot (I see serious potential here from fruit bazookas, to ooga booga, to just his spin. could be very versatile)

3) Rayman, Rayman. (could be a great mid range character, very iconic to the PS brand)

I'm pretty sure there're more grown-ups than kiddies that wants this three on ANY kind of party fighter, not just PSASBR.

Also, forget about them appearing as DLC characters, Santa Monica and Superbot cut the support for the game after they launched the "Ultimate Balance" patch.

As for a sequel, well, I just hope that the Smash for Wii U sales break the record and makes Sony realize the potential of the genre when things are done right.

Otherwise, games like Starhawk, Twisted Metal or even MAG have a greater chance of having either sequels or spiritual succesors in the future. Here's hope for a remake of the last one :dance:

Just keep dreaming, it's free...

The key difference between Nintendo and Sony is that they kept their key franchises relevant and milked those characters for what they're worth, while playstation kept churning out more amazing franchises. Final fantasy started Nintendo, sure. But it gained much more widely spread popularity. But then you got tomb raider, syphon filter, metal gear solid, spyro, crash bandicoot, resident evil, resistance, grand theft auto, blood omen/legacy of kain, jet set radio, gran Turismo... The list is so stupidly long the potential for sequals is insane.

One character I'm not sure why they chose to include is Big Daddy. I'm not unhappy with the decision, but wasn't Bioshock an Xbox excusive game for a full year before the first one came to ps3. And since then it was always multiplatform

Edited by IAmFlownominal
spelling

• 2 weeks later...

Ezio Auditore (assassins creed) ... sure, creed isn't a sony exclusive but they had him in that one commercial a few years back with all the classic sony characters.. i think it was called "for michael" ... if they can put him in that, they could put him in this...

• 2 weeks later...

I felt like it needed a few more female characters, it's not like there was a shortage of them. Here's a few iconic female Playstation characters (some are multi-platform now but at least made their debut appearance on Playstation):

Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)

Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)

Claire Redfield (Resident Evil 2)

Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2)

Regina (Dino Crisis)

Catherine (Catherine)

Sophitia (Soul Edge/Soul Blade)

Nina Williams (Tekken)

Kairi (Kingdom Hearts)

Tifa Lockheart (FFVII)

Yuna (FFX)

Katsumi (Dead or Alive) (Ok, that was out on Sega Saturn too but who even remembers that?)

Some interesting third-party female characters could be:

Bayonetta (Bayonetta)

Shaundi (Saints Row)

Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw)

Chell (Portal)

Ms Pac-Man (Ms Pac-Man)

Rayne (BloodRayne)

Amy Rose (Sonic)

Harley Quinn (Arkham Asylum/City)

I'd have also liked to have seen Crash Bandicoot, Tombi, or even Klonoa. They were some of my favourite early Playstation characters.

Edited by beateaux

• 2 weeks later...
I really got thinking though. what are some other Playstation "staples" out there that didn't make the cut that would be awesome too see and use?

Think they're all exclusives, not staples. Would put some of your choices out. Interesting thread though.

I'd like to see the Chimera from Resistance series. Would suit the game nicely with power ups and weapons variety.

• 4 weeks later...
Think they're all exclusives, not staples. Would put some of your choices out. Interesting thread though.

I'd like to see the Chimera from Resistance series. Would suit the game nicely with power ups and weapons variety.

They may not be exclusive anymore, but a lot of them started off as exclusives. Plenty of PS exclusive games are cross platinum. And besides, Big Daddy is a cross system character so its not really an "exclusive" character list.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey guys. Picked this game up from the monthly PS+ grab bag and I gotta say, I was impressed with the line up. half the fighters hardened bad asses (Kratos, Raiden, Cole, etc) for the more serious fighters, and half silly characters for younger fans. (Sackboy, Toro, Fat Princess, etc.) I really got thinking though. what are some other Playstation "staples" out there that didn't make the cut that would be awesome too see and use? I'll Start off.

Serious fighters Id like:

1) Raziel, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (Was always such a great series to me)

2) Albert Wesker, Resident Evil (his ridiculous powers ruin RE for me, but they fit this game perfect)

3) Lara Croft, Tomb Raider (one of THE longest standing PS icons)

Not just Raziel but Kain too, although odds are both would have to be toned down some given how powerful they are. Maybe a Level 3 move for Kain could be summoning Raziel from the Soul Reaver, a reference to an idea rejected in the cancelled Kain game Dark Prophecy.

• 1 month later...