Used PS3 copy: Vita (Cross-Buy/Cross-save) and Online pass questions

I was wondering if you buy a used copy of the PS3 game if you will have full access to the Vita version (including Online Pass)? I read you download the Vita version of the PS3's disc.

Also, will the Cross-save function work even if you don't have a valid Online Pass for the PS3 version?

I was thinking of:

(1) buying a used PS3 copy

(2) Plat the game on the Vita (assuming it comes with an Online Pass even though the PS3 copy is "used")

(3) Get the PS3 offline trophies legit (for THL :p) and then pop the online trophies using Cross-save

Thoughts? Basically I don't want to buy Online Passes, but still have the possibility of having both versions Platted/100%'ed

Edit: Does the DLC trophy require a valid Online Pass? If so, that might monkeywrench the whole thing :think:...

Edited by RemingtonInk

I was wondering if you buy a used copy of the PS3 game if you will have full access to the Vita version (including Online Pass)? I read you download the Vita version of the PS3's disc.

Also, will the Cross-save function work even if you don't have a valid Online Pass for the PS3 version?

I was thinking of:

(1) buying a used PS3 copy

(2) Plat the game on the Vita (assuming it comes with an Online Pass even though the PS3 copy is "used")

(3) Get the PS3 offline trophies legit (for THL :p) and then pop the online trophies using Cross-save

Thoughts? Basically I don't want to buy Online Passes, but still have the possibility of having both versions Platted/100%'ed

Edit: Does the DLC trophy require a valid Online Pass? If so, that might monkeywrench the whole thing :think:...

Ok, I'll do my best to answer all of your questions but I'm afraid you might not like the answers :(

The game does require an online pass, which comes with all new copies of the game. As always, the pass can only be used once, but you can buy one for £7.99 if you wish.

The Vita version is included on the PS3 disc, and once activated is added to your download list. Unfortunately, it works much like the online pass in that it can only be used once so if the person you're buying from has already used it you'd have to buy it again separately.

The game does have Cross Save and Cross Play functionality, but you'll need to earn any/all of the trophies legit twice - once on PS3 and once on Vita; they wont auto-pop.

The DLC trophy can be earned entirely offline in 30 seconds, shouldn't need online pass for that at all.

Think that covers it all :think:

• 1 month later...

I bought an used copy for a really cheap price in a DVD store and... Disc was flawless, online pass was not used and vita version was still available :dance:

Probably the previous buyer didn't like the game and didn't bother using the other features/game modes and I lucked out :whistle: