Im I the only one that hates the game?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I partially agree. I don't hate it, but it definitely lacks a bit of the fun factor after a while. I certainly can't go through one or two Arcade Mode runs.

Sometimes I feel the matches drag just a small bit. If they were the standard fighting game fare (60 seconds) it'd work better, but instead it's two or three minutes (isn't that right?)

It's fun to pop in the disc and play a few matches to pass the time, but ultimately the game can lose the fun factor too quickly to be desired.

It was fun when it 1st came out but online is actually very annoying as I want to play 4 players FFA matches but so many rage quit. Plus so many players in this game T-bag a lot when they a get kill. Love going back at them only for them to rage quit. The taunts though in this game for some reason don't annoy me as I find some of them funny unlike UMVC3 where they made the characters seem douchie. Not really playing this game much anymore due to the douchebags and so many rage quitters.

I love the solo, it's easy and accessible contrary to other fighting games that requires too much skills. The arcade mode is nice to play and I enjoy it a lot because I can play with characters I didn't know yet. Some interactions between the characters are very nicely chosen also such as Big Daddy vs Sackboy, pure genius ! :D

I'm not a big fan of the multiplayer part tho, as I find it not very interesting (it's basically always the same thing and that's about it). And also I don't know how to explain it but it goes too quickly. It's not comfortable to play visually when everyone is running everywhere and spamming moves at the same time (I have a big eye sensitivity). Also I've just discovered that one trophy was boostable only in the multiplayer so I probably won't insist much on this mode.

Oh I forgot to add that's harder on Vita as if two players are in a corner and the other ones on the opposite corner it becomes pretty small and it's less enjoyable.

Edited by Alex Fly

My biggest complaint is that I wish it was possible to knock people off the edge, and have that count for a kill (yes, like Smash Bros). Getting to Level whatever just to get a kill seems like a tacked on idea. Of course if they did this, they would have the nerf the hell out of the fish weapon.

Besides that, I've enjoyed it. The only time I've been fed up with it is when I play through arcade mode with 3 or more characters in one sitting...gets very repetitive.

well the core of this game is the online mode.

and it's absolutely fantastic and fun.

I also love the unlockables in this game. I personally have had a great experience with PS all stars.

I do have to say that arcade its pretty interesting, the rivalries and "cutscenes" are intriguing.

Edited by Raggnarok

^ This.

Plus, it's not really meant to be platted within two days or so. Possible, yes, but I daresay a game like PSASBR should be played "in small doses", if you will.

Trying to crank out the arcade mode trophies for all the characters in one go will quickly feel like a chore, but that's the individual player's fault, not the game's.

^ This.

Plus, it's not really meant to be platted within two days or so. Possible, yes, but I daresay a game like PSASBR should be played "in small doses", if you will.

Trying to crank out the arcade mode trophies for all the characters in one go will quickly feel like a chore, but that's the individual player's fault, not the game's.

Agreed, I've had this game since Christmas 2012 and have only completed the arcade mode with Sweet Tooth, Fat Princess, Nathan Drake, Good Cole, Big Daddy, PaRappa and Jak as im taking my time with it.

I dont get why there isnt a 1v1 option for online play (vita). Unless you have a friend with you and do 2v2 its only FFA which isn't much of an option for an online game. I know the main part of the game is 4 player FFA but would be nice to do a few 1v1's without messaging "1v1 me".

I loved the game when I first got it. Its still fun but not as fun now and I am more pi$$ed off that I brought it for £30 and then a few days later it came down in price over 50% on the store!!

my buddy came over to kill some dead or alive 5 with me tonight and frum what he heard they were going to make a playstation all-stars 2 in the future they were even getting it planned and everything but sony fired the company that made all-stars because apparently it was nothing close to what people wanted.. not dissing just saying what I was told and sharing it, personally I can't say anything quite yet, I've played some multiplayer with friends and enjoyed it but I own it and im sure ill like the single player other then the fact that it's very long, I was told.. still going to be a platinum on my list. :)

my buddy came over to kill some dead or alive 5 with me tonight and frum what he heard they were going to make a playstation all-stars 2 in the future they were even getting it planned and everything but sony fired the company that made all-stars because apparently it was nothing close to what people wanted.. not dissing just saying what I was told and sharing it, personally I can't say anythingi quite yet, I've played some multiplayer with friends and enjoyed it but I own it and im sure ill like the single player other then the fact that it's very long, I was told.. still going to be a platinum on my list. :)

I'll believe that when I see it announced :)

I loved the story mode in SMBBrawl because you got to collect things and it made it worth whilst to complete it over and over. With Allstars single player is not worth while imo. Tbh there is a lot of characters I don't even know on the game (recently changed from xbox to ps3)

When I think playstation I think Soul Reaver Kane, Solid Snake, Abe, Lara Croft, Rival Scools, Resi Evil, Rayman, Spyro, Final Fantasy, Crash Bandicoot, Alucard.

If you think tekken most people think Kazuya/Law/Hwoarang/King/Jin

Heihachi? lol Very random but then again i suppose they got what they could.

Also why only 1 character from each game? They could have made a cast of 40-50 characters like marvel vs capcom.

I've gotten around playing the game, got use to the whole "Super to win" mechanic. Personally I see nothing wrong for it adds on the decisions for storing meter for a quick kill by an opponents guard down or save for a sweep, or that's just me adapting quickly.

And yet, I sorta feel the game being shallow It's very fun and all, but sorta empty in some areas. Maybe it's the weak theme song, maybe it's the dull interface in character selection and versus screen, maybe the gameplay could use some changes to make it more fast pace, somewhat. Kinda hoped the trials be more diverse and combos to mix with AP usage for tips during individual challenges. The roster is fine, though Big Daddy feels odd to me.

Bit dissapointed but still, very fun game until it lasts.

Edited by SolitaryGenesis

I don't hate this game no. Its just lacking.

The Roster simply isnt good enough (I'm not going to dwell on this its been done to death)

Content.....or lack off. A fighting game that focuses on fun and antics as opposed to tournament balance needs more than this! A proper story mode, something akin to the challenges from SSB or the challenge tower from MK9.

The gameplay its self is really fun though, I enjoyed the game despite getting bored running through Arcade mode 20 times.

I don't hate this game no. Its just lacking.

The Roster simply isnt good enough (I'm not going to dwell on this its been done to death)

Content.....or lack off. A fighting game that focuses on fun and antics as opposed to tournament balance needs more than this! A proper story mode, something akin to the challenges from SSB or the challenge tower from MK9.

The gameplay its self is really fun though, I enjoyed the game despite getting bored running through Arcade mode 20 times.

Only 20? Vita + PS3 arcade play throughs = painful

I don't hate it entirely, I just despise the online trophies and the ones that spam ratchet's or dexter's gun. oh and the rage quitters. one thing I do find funny and I know I'm not the only one who does this and that is losing track of your character.

I tend to loose track of my character often, especially online, but I'm playing on the Vita, so that's my excuse.

• 3 weeks later...

It's an ok game. I'm very disappointed with Arcade Mode. Especially with the images for story telling. It feels like they were lazy in animating a few cinematics for each character, as well as rushed to get the game out.

The graphics aren't even that great. I think they could've gone into great more detail with what the PS3 has to offer.

• 4 weeks later...

The arcade mode trophies are super tedious. I hate how the first 4 or 5 match-ups are timed FFA. I usually have enough kills in the first minute to have won had it been three stock. The online trophies were VERY easy, honestly. I did the Triple Kill on my second online match (Good Cole helps), then I got the rest save for Friendly Competition via a single 2V2. Can't complain there at all.

The game is a bit too much of a Super Smash Bros. clone for my liking without any of the good stuff. For example, as mentioned, you can't kill via anything but a super move which is stupid as hell. It makes the battles so tedious. Also, the characters have really uneven Supers. Some characters (Rachet and Cole off the top of my head) have a Level 1 or 2 Super that can kill multiple players, where as people like Sweet Tooth have single kill finishers. It makes the battles really uneven, and the arcade mode even more tedious. Also on the Smash rip-off, the final boss is basically the same.

The characters are pretty cool, honestly, because they all feel straight from their games. Kratos plays identical to God of War 3 for the most part, and everyone has the right special moves to make it feel like you are actually playing a game with all these characters.

I think had they added a ring-out and made all level 1 specials be single-kills, it would be a better game. I started playing it last week despite getting it for Christmas, and I already listed it on eBay. Shame.

The game is too disappointing,the arcade bored me in a few playthroughs and when I tried to fight online,well it came into light that you have to have a super good internet connection for the servers to find opponents for you and from where I am we don't have good internet connections,max we get is 2mbps connection and that too is expensive here which I have.I don't know,it's like everything about this game is against me