Alive and planting trophy best method

Here is a great guide to going about the trophy . the best thing about it is that its a "COBLESS" guide i.e you dont need the cob cannon.the guy does a great job explaining it. I got to flag 46 first time trying it this way.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0CjcfVbS3Q&list=PLE47FEF4E06DC8E29&index=11&feature=plpp_video]Plants Vs. Zombies Alive and Planting Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

credit goes to Dachimpslvr for sharing his strategy .

• 2 weeks later...

that method is great I used it on PS3 but

These method + upgraded feet traps at those first plants are the best because giants stops for trying destroy those.. watch this video at skip video to 5 min 47 secs & you will see

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvkXb90D9uA]Plants vs zombies Survival endless setup tutorial - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by P3hmo6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Like everyone else has said, this method and layout is pretty much fool proof. Once you get your plants set up it doesnt require much attention to make it to wave 40and beyond. There is however one thing to watch out for that could cause problems if you don't have the right plants equipped. Be careful of the zombies with the jack-in-the-boxes, they're capable of blowing up the first two rows (closest to the bushes where zombies enter) of your gloom shrooms on either side and it's something that can happen fairly often (they did it to me twice in the same game)..... Which isn't a huge deal if you keep the lilly pad, fume-shroom, and gloom shroom equipped during evey level... But if you neglect to keep em equipped it can lead to a frantic scramble to keep the rest of your plants alive for the remainder of the round.

• 1 month later...

I would have to disagree. The method is clutch, however it does take a lot of work to keep your plants up. Especially with the AMAZING amounts of lag when a zillion zombies are on the screen. Also, DO NOT use the 8 cob cannon strategy. During later waves the cob cannons do not respond very well and your defenses will quickly fall.

This is great, the Cob Cannon is very cumbersome to use in later waves because of the serious frame rate issues the game has when there are tons of enemies on screen. I died on wave 43 because I just couldn't use them effectively.

Holy fucking shit, I almost threw my Vita across the room because of this. On Wave 36 the fucking Cob Cannons WOULD NOT FIRE, half the time I couldn't even select the fucking thing to drag it to a spot. Fucking touch screen is such bullshit sometimes.

Holy fucking shit, I almost threw my Vita across the room because of this. On Wave 36 the fucking Cob Cannons WOULD NOT FIRE, half the time I couldn't even select the fucking thing to drag it to a spot. Fucking touch screen is such bullshit sometimes.

The touchscreen isn't the problem. The game is badly optimized for the VITA making it drop FPS to 25.

The touchscreen isn't the problem. The game is badly optimized for the VITA making it drop FPS to 25.

Either way, I did this on PS3 easily and I failed twice with the Cob method on Vita because of this stupid lag/unresponsiveness.

I'm gonna try this method later. I don't like relying on explosives but if people are saying it is reliable then I am gonna go for it.

• 1 month later...

I tried this method last night and failed. I wound up dying at wave 33. Once those giants get far enough down they obscure your view of your seeds and it is tough to figure out if you are planting the right thing. Plus everyone here is right about the awful frame rate in the later rounds. Stuff doesn't respond when you touch it way too often. However, my failure was still my fault. I think I got rid of my extra sunflowers way too early as well as I don't think I planted enough extras and saved enough sun initially.

I have since tried again using this method and this time I succeeded. I was just screwing up on the initial set up. This is definitely the best method for the vita because of all the lag in the later rounds, the cob cannon would surely not have been a reliable method with all the frame rate issues and is likely to cause you to waste time trying and then failing in the later rounds. Just make sure early on to plant tons of sunflowers then slowly phase them out and replace them with fume shooms and winter melons. Also it is important to take note that cattails in the center of the pool to deal with any balloon zombies and two umbrella leaves in the 2nd and 5th lane(horizontal) on the 2nd row(vertical) to protect your remaining sunflowers from bungees and catapults. You also need to make sure you have 2 gloom shrooms in back on either side of the pool to protect against the miner zombies. Furthermore, although in the videos I've watched on here the guys had two fume shrooms backed up by a winter melon on the outside lanes. I found two winter melons and one fume shroom to be more effective. Also, though completely optional I found it best to put down spikeweed in front of my gloom shrooms and upgrade it to spikerock whenever possible as it not only stops Zamboni driving zombies and catapults dead in their tracks but the giants also stop to attempt to destroy them with their makeshift mallets(which they will do if the spikeweed has not yet been upgraded, spikerocks however will take three whacks to destroy) giving your other plants more time to lay on more damage or you time to react and plant one of your instants. Anyway, I hope this helps anyone who might be having trouble. This was probably the toughest trophy in the game for most but it doesn't have to be, with the right strategy it is merely time consuming and a little frustrating due to the lag.

Edited by DeathMask Divine

This method worked for me but just barely. A Jack in the Box zombie took out several of my gloom shrooms at wave 35 and I wasn't able to recover. If I had been any slower on the draw with an ice shroom and a squash a gigantaur would have got through just before wave 40. Thank goodness I'm done with that PITA.