How long before you give up on Lucky Spin? [Now Been Patched to make easier]

Like most of you this is the last trophy for the platinum. I spent about 10 hours so far and no luck. This has to be the most frustrating trophy I have ever tried for. Spinning the damn wheel for hours at a time gets old. I'm afraid I'm going to have to give up on this one. Too many other fun games to play, just sucks that they would put a trophy like this in the game. I would like to change my difficulty rating to a 10.

Has anyone else given up on this trophy?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only been at this for about 2 hours now, but it is still extremely frustrating... Especially since I got this achievement in about 3 matches on my iTouch.

Just goes to show that game developers should NEVER have trophies based so much on luck. I hope this doesn't get to the point that I'm about to give up. Sorry to hear you guys haven't gotten lucky yet, even after all that time.

Is it possible it's glitched for some of us? I've got 2 of a kind diamonds so many times and at this point, me being probably 8 hours total at attempting this, it just seems like it wasn't meant to be gotten. I know people have said on here that they've got it, but all just seems hopeless. Maybe they'd patch this to make it a bit easier? Or at least just increase the odds of it coming up?

I watched t.v. while spamming it. Tried it multiple times for a couple hours then today from when I woke up at 10:00 a.m. till I left my girls house at 2:00p.m. I just kept at it. Did it while eating, while talking, while watching t.v.

To be honest you make a decent amount of coin. You're likely to have earned 10s of thousands if not hundreds of thousands, plus a bunch of daytime plants not only for your collection, but also that you can sell without hurting your zen garden, all the while you're earning cash needed for the rediculious 235k Tree of Wisdom that I did on PC before this game was available on every platform worth developing for.

All in all if you saved this one for dead last, you're doing it wrong. This should end up being a means to an end, not the actual ends in and of itself. I did it a couple hours every now and then, and I messed around with it while my fiance' was on the computer creating a guest registry and other such odds and ends. Downloading free kindle books and everything.

So all I really have to say is calm down, cheer up, and don't lose your mind over it. It most certaintly is not the most luck based trophy I've ever done, certaintly not the most frustrating, and definitely better than some other trophies I've had to deal with.

But then again you can all ignore me and hate this and never get your platinum. Just trying to lighten the mood a bit.

All in all if you saved this one for dead last, you're doing it wrong.

You couldn't be more right. I saved this for last and it does suck because I have gotten a ton of plants that I no longer need. Bottom line is I will try for this trophy a few more times, like you said, while watching TV or while doing other stuff, but won't let it beat me up. If I don't get the platinum oh well.

I think it's best to start working on this one ASAP, that way at least the grinding works for coin boosting.

That is definitely the way to go, unfortunately for me I am passed that. I am beyond frustrated with this damn trophy. I know it is not glitched, but it sure does feel like it. I have gotten 3 of everything else at least 10 times each, but not the diamonds. It just doesn't make sense. I don't think it is supposed to be this hard.

It's extra frustrating cause there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. It's not like a hard trophy were you can practice and get it, it's just luck and EXTREMELY rare.

So I have been at this for three days....I prolong games by not reaching 2000 and just killing zombies....I'm up to 20,000 zombies killed and no luck what so ever...if I don't get it today then it's time to say goodbye....stupid I can't get this trophy or platinum along with it

I feel your pain. I have been trying the same strategy. It's hard for me to start my next game knowing I am 1 (what should be easy) trophy away from the platinum. I want to throw in the towel too, but I have some form of OCD that won't let me quit.

I feel your pain. I have been trying the same strategy. It's hard for me to start my next game knowing I am 1 (what should be easy) trophy away from the platinum. I want to throw in the towel too, but I have some form of OCD that won't let me quit.

Keep in mind i'm also a crazy kind of person that will grind 1 handed and 2 handed weapons on Skyrim with an NPC that's unkillable, while playing PvZ with my other hand. If you can find another game you can play while spamming the slots, it becomes an after thought than an all consuming rage.

I'm actually more angry that games like Lumines, Touch my Katamari, and that horrible horrible assfault injection racing game don't have platinums at all. It's one thing to have a 15 dollar platinum that you're not going to get, but it's worse to multiply the money by 1.5-3.0 and to divide the trophy points you can get by a factor of like 5 or 6.

Ah, the Early days of trophies on a new platform. Hopefully the price/trophy ratio will get ironed out. Until then, Touch My Katamari will be a painful 100% and it won't even earn me a platinum which is about as many points as the entire trophy list for that game.

So ya... there's worse. This is just a practice of patience and will power over statistics and pseudo randomness.

Still at it....man I've had games where 4 Rows are filled with wall-nuts and the rest are peashooters which makes the games go for like 20 mins and I don't even wanna think of how many rolls...been at it since 7:00am it's (4:22pm) still havent got it...I don't know if it determination or stupidity to have been at it this long....AND OMG AS OF WRITING THIS I JUST FLIPPING GOT IT!!!!...f@&$ that trophy

I am happy to say I finally got it!!!!! What a pain in the ass that was. I took the advice of the people that said just play it while doing other stuff, so I played for about 4 hours today while doing other things. I just got it while I was watching some TV. I didn't actually see the 3 diamonds in the window as I was watching TV, I just noticed 3 diamonds fall onto the screen and then the Lucky Spin and Platinum followed.

My advice, like many others, is to just play that mini game while doing other stuff. Build up your defense and then just keep taping the screen to get the wheel spinning.

I still think this was my most frustrating platinum because of that 1 trophy, although Army of 2: 40th Day had an online trophy that was a close 2nd for me.

I am happy to say I finally got it!!!!! What a pain in the ass that was. I took the advice of the people that said just play it while doing other stuff, so I played for about 4 hours today while doing other things. I just got it while I was watching some TV. I didn't actually see the 3 diamonds in the window as I was watching TV, I just noticed 3 diamonds fall onto the screen and then the Lucky Spin and Platinum followed.

My advice, like many others, is to just play that mini game while doing other stuff. Build up your defense and then just keep taping the screen to get the wheel spinning.

I still think this was my most frustrating platinum because of that 1 trophy, although Army of 2: 40th Day had an online trophy that was a close 2nd for me.

Congrats, gives me hope that I'll get mine soon.

Wow, Hadnt even started trying for this trophy til i saw this thread. After reading all your horror stories about it i definitely wasnt looking forward to going at it, however it popped for me about 12 minutes into my very first game :applause:.

Not trying to add salt to anyones wounds, just letting you know luck works both ways.

Keep whoring guys,

JONNYTOM.

Just for the alternate perspective, I've still plugging away at Lucky Spin without success after countless hours.

I'm currently ranked 73rd in zombie deaths on the Vita leaderboards with 66,362 kills in total. Still no triple diamond, though.

Racing a former co-worker of mine to the Platinum. He's currently 63rd with 69,676 zombie kills. He scooped up Lucky Spin a couple days back but is still plugging away at the Enlightened trophy.