Planet MiniGolf ~ Trophy Guide and Road Map

sweett310

vkB2EgB.jpg

Overview:

Introduction:

Planet MiniGolf is a "Play, Create, Share" style miniature golf (or putt-putt if you will) game available from the PSN Store. The game comes with 16 offline courses set up in tournament style play, and also boasts an online community with courses and holes created by users around the world.

Walkthrough:

Step 1: Complete Weekly Tournament

No longer possible due to no more Tournaments being posted.

Because the Contender trophy does not require you to score well but rather just complete a tournament, I recommend you start here to get your bearings and learn the physics of the game. Get used to the swing meter and how far the ball rolls based on each swing, how the ball reacts to hills and walls, etc. You will also be introduced to the Power-ups here as well. You will need to learn what each power-up does to the ball to better find shortcuts to the hole to improve your score.

Step 2: Complete Offline Tournaments

Now that you have the hang of how to play the game, it is time to start the tournaments that require you to win in order to unlock the trophies. First travel to each location and beat all of the Warm-Up courses, followed by the Pro Courses, then Extreme Courses, and finally Wacky Courses.

Step 3: Create Hole

In order to get the Hole Creator and Designer trophies, you will need to create a custom hole. After you have created and published it, you may want to check this thread to promote your hole and get some good ratings from fellow PS3T users in order to ensure you get the Designer trophy.

Step 4: Play User Created Courses/Holes

At this point, you should still have Pioneer, Criticist, and Secret Knowledge left to unlock. You will want to start working on Criticist as it takes playing 100 courses (NOT holes!) and will be time consuming. You can get Pioneer along the way if you start by playing courses that haven't been played 10 times yet. There's a chance you'll get Secret Knowledge along the way as well, but your best bet is to boost using the boosting thread for that one.

Edited by Slamma
Restore missing images

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trophy Guide

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/474/01.jpg Hole Creator (B)

Publish a custom hole created by you

Go to "My Courses" and then "Create Hole". Use the tools to create a custom hole however you see fit; the only requirements are that there must be a Tee and a Hole. To add the Tee and Hole, lay a track and hit :square: to place an object. Once done, hit start, test the hole to "validate" it, and select "Save". After naming your hole, go back to the "My Courses" menu and select "Publish Hole".

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/474/03.jpg Pioneer(B)

Play 10 Custom Holes or Custom Courses with less than 10 plays

At the main menu screen, select the Custom Courses option. From here, you can Browse or Search for holes. Just find one that has less than 10 plays on it, play it, rank it, repeat the process. After 10 holes the trophy will pop.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/474/05.jpg Contender(B)

Participate in a Weekly Tournament

No longer possible due to no more Tournaments being posted.

The Weekly Tournaments are located under the Single Player menu. They are signified on the map by a red exclamation point. Go to the map with the exclamation point, and select Weekly Tournament. Simply finish the 9 holes (score or place does not matter) and the trophy is yours.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/474/08.jpg Heating Up(B)

Win all Warm-Up Courses

See Goofball Guru

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/474/02.jpg Criticist (S)

Review 100 custom courses

You can achieve this trophy by reviewing 100 holes, not necessarily courses. Simply go to Custom Courses, select Browse Hole, play and review a hole. Repeat this process for 100 separate holes and the trophy should pop. You will earn a badge for every 10 "courses" you review which is kept track of in the "Player" menu to let you know how many more you have to go. (Thanks to Struwel for this info)

*Note. To speed things up, you can "Give Up" on each hole, giving you an automatic score of 15 for that hole, moving you on to the next one.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/474/04.jpg Pro Golfer (S)

Win all Pro Courses

See Goofball Guru

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/474/06.jpg Designer (S)

Have a hole rated at least three stars after 100 plays

Your best bet is to use the boosting thread and trade ratings with other users. You must create a hole, publish it, and have it played 100 times with at least a 3-star average rating. The rating only counts once per user, so you will need at least 6 ratings for your overall rating to appear (Thanks to L3via-than for the tip).

Once you have a rating of 3 stars or higher, to easily expedite getting to 100 plays, go to your hole, select "Give Up", accept it, then go to "Restart". Each time you Give Up, you get a score of 15, automatically finishing the hole. To get the trophy to pop once done, go back to the "My Courses" and "Publish Hole". This will show your holes at a glance, which should have 100+ plays and at least a 3 star rating.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/474/07.jpg Champion (S)

Win all Extreme Courses

See Goofball Guru

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/474/09.jpg Secret Knowledge (S)

Score a hole-in-one on a custom course with a Par of at least 5

After a custom hole is played a certain amount of times, the Par will be set by an average score. You can find a boosting partner and both make easy holes, and jack up the par count by "Giving Up" 10 or 15 times. This will give you a score of 15 over and over, making the par go up as well. Once the par is set at 5 or higher, re-play the hole and make it on your first shot.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/474/10.jpg Goofball Guru (G)

Win all Wacky Courses

Heating Up, Pro Golfer, Champion, and Goofball Guru are all single player tournament trophies. To obtain these trophies, you must win all 4 courses for each specific course type:

-Heating Up -Warm-Up Courses

-Pro Golfer - Pro Courses

-Champion - Extreme Courses

-Goofball Guru -Wacky Courses

Each location on the 4 Single Player Maps has 1 course of each type. After you have completed all 4 courses of a specific type, the trophy will unlock. Use this thread if you are having trouble with a particular hole on Extreme or Wacky.

Just some general tips for these 4 trophies:

-Your overall score does not matter, just that you finish in 1st place.

-Style points work as a tie-breaker at the end of the round, so any time you think you are about to sink a putt, you may want to hit :triangle: to get a few points, even if it is a gimme.

-Keep an eye out for power-ups. The creators of the game put them there for a reason!

-I will typically restart a course until I get a Hole in One on the first hole. This just gives you a good head start on the AI.

Edited by number45_
Editorial Sweep

I liked the way you wrote as if you'll just get through the extreme, pro and wacky course in a single playthrough. You will fail and fail and fail some more. Most if not all tougher holes require very precise timing and power.

Very fun game though.

Guys how to share my own hole? It always wrote hole need to be validted. Hole is not validated yet. I was reading the manual but no word bout validating:confused:

As for the toughness. Damn ps3power is right. ZEN games are tough like hell!

You need to play test and complete your custom hole to 'validate' it.

Correct. You must have a tee, a hole, and test it to get it validated. Update added to guide for clarification.

I agree fully with the above poster.

I've managed to complete the first two wacky courses but Soho and Polar Station are eluding me at the momment. Once I reach the 4th hole on Soho I have no idea what I'm supposed to do and my score for each hole quickly reaches 15 lol.

I also am useless with recording videos so hopefully someone will post something to youtube showing us how to get through these insane holes.

Once I reach the 4th hole on Soho I have no idea what I'm supposed to do and my score for each hole quickly reaches 15 lol.

For soho 4 play a soft shot through the motion sensor, quickly activate it n get the flying power up, then roll a touch left, trying to line up on the opposite side of the post to the motion sensor. 2nd shot aim for the motion sensor with just off full power, activate flying just before the motion sensor. If done correctly you'll fly through the centre of the raised platform, use motion to stop flying n go in the hole. Hope you understood this drivel. Btw how did you do wacky ancient valley hole 4? I smack the bastard ball as hard as poss but get nowhere near the other side.

Edit: Nevermind, just had to pause before swinging forwards. Wacky courses done, just waiting for 100 courses to be made so i can 100% this annoying game.

Edited by j_marv

I'm having major trouble with at the Polar Station, extreme, hole number 2. I understand you have to shoot the ball into the edge to roll up the spiral, but after that?

Could anyone with some insight gimmie a few pointers?

I'm having major trouble with at the Polar Station, extreme, hole number 2. I understand you have to shoot the ball into the edge to roll up the spiral, but after that?

Could anyone with some insight gimmie a few pointers?

after that use the rocket to get to the ledge, then motion to hop to the other ledge and in the hole, surprisingly i kept getting a hole in 1 on this, but i still cant beat soho extreme, lol

Hooray just got 100%, i think the 100 course trophy might actually be 100 holes cus I got the trophy midway through rating my 11th course (i wrote them as I went along).

Edited by j_marv

after that use the rocket to get to the ledge, then motion to hop to the other ledge and in the hole, surprisingly i kept getting a hole in 1 on this, but i still cant beat soho extreme, lol

Cheers! Will try it in abit.

I found the Soho courses to be the hardest, the first extreme hole i ridiculus.

-Despite what the game will have you believe, Style Points also do not matter (just for the Online Rankings).

I can tell you that it does matter if you end up with a tie at the end of the round with a computer player with a higher Style Point amount than yourself. I've had it happen to me 2-3 times now where I end up with the same final stroke count, but was behind them in style points and ended up losing. They act as the tie breaking measure, so they definitely do matter if you are struggling to keep a larger stroke count advantage over the CPU players.

I can tell you that it does matter if you end up with a tie at the end of the round with a computer player with a higher Style Point amount than yourself. I've had it happen to me 2-3 times now where I end up with the same final stroke count, but was behind them in style points and ended up losing. They act as the tie breaking measure, so they definitely do matter if you are struggling to keep a larger stroke count advantage over the CPU players.

Thanks for the tip:applause:

I've started to save and upload all of my hole-in-ones. If we all did that, we could compile a strategy walkthrough for each hole. I havent been doing it very long, but here are my two videos:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-p9KX8euLQ]YouTube - Planet Minigolf - Polar Station Extreme, hole 2[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hra3IADu50M]YouTube - Planet Minigolf - Buccaneers Hideout Wacky, hole 1[/ame]

I think an Extreme and Wacky guide would be great if we could get videos from all the holes (or at least ones that are in high demand). I'd be happy to link the guide to it if someone started a new thread. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find too many on Youtube when I made the guide and I don't have a video recorder.