Trophy Difficulty Rating

ShadowAFC

Rate the trophy difficulty  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv60/funkyweed/Difficulty%20Threads/trophy_50.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.81

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by ShadowAFC

I gave 4. I got 100% today.

All trophies are very easy, except (G)Great, kid. Don't get cocky.(G).

To get Brutal difficulty, You need to beat hard. And to get hard you need to beat normal.

It was such a pain-in-the-ass beating hard (even though the game is pretty short) and another hard part was beating the FIRST lvl on Brutal.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got 100%, and I give it a 6.

Overall the game isn't too hard but beating the game on hard to unlock brutal is why it gets a 6. On hard you get so much stuff thrown at you, it can take many tries to get the hang of certain areas, and can be a bit annoying.

I'm so so pleased we don't have to complete it on brutal, that would be just insane.

The fun and replay value comes from competing on the leaderboards with all those hardcore pro Japanese gamers, who live to play shooters.

Spot on.

I've spent a fair few hours doing just this, I've settled for 3rd overall though behind you LoVeRiCe :p

Just got to tackle brutal mode now.....gonna be tough!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Voting a 7

Played on casual to get a good feeling of the levels

Played on normal to unlock hard - clearly level 2 end boss is the hardest part of the game for me

Playing currently on hard, level 3-2 and am having a nigtmare of a time

If the game ended with the normal playthrough I would have voted a 3 but the hard playthru is very difficult in certain locations

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I give it a 6. A few of the levels on hard and brutal can be pretty tough, and I was on the verge of throwing the controller a couple times, but the checkpoint system is so forgiving that you should always be able to make it through eventually.

• 1 month later...

Gave this a 5.

Only real challenge is beating a sector on brutal as the rest of the trophies are fairly easy.

The fact that you have to play through hard on a different colour scheme adds to the challenge but brutal is just crazy. Major props to all who do manage to beat it on that difficulty.

Otherwise this is an enjoyable game.

• 2 weeks later...

gave it a 3.

the only part i got stuck at was on hard on the last level (2nd part with ice) that damn snake thing would not die. he moved too fast for me to get a straight on shot with the laser .... and then all his bullets & missles coming at me. ahhhhhh! eventually i just upgraded my bombs and got a few lucky bounces into his tv parts (or whatever they were).

i thought the brutal part was pretty easy

Edited by dh4645

• 3 weeks later...

Gave it a 6.

-Normal - gets you used to the game. There's aggravating sections, and then you'll just sail through a sector or two. The difficulty is inconsistent and doesn't necessarily get progressively tougher as you gain sectors/stages.

-Hard - difficult. There's some nasty sections. Anytime you're in cramped quarters and you have to use the bombs you're in for a tough time. "Aiming" the bombs is terrible in this game - lots of unnecessary deaths from that alone. The last stage (particularly the middle section) was very frustrating (the first and last parts are doable) - I could NOT do it without a decent spread weapon so I could hide - and since you lose your weapon upgrades when you continue, it meant I had to start from the beginning over and over. On normal I breezed through it on my first try.

-Brutal - uggh. Bad idea to make everything (enemies, you, fluid, your bullets, their bullets, power ups, etc, etc) the same color. Killed enemies explode into bullets. Could only pass the 1-1 boss by hiding and using my Spin attack (which takes a little luck)

Thankfully the checkpoint system is pretty forgiving. And most of the time the game is scaled to having no weapon upgrades, so continuing constantly is the best way to go.

All the other trophies are pretty easy.

• 1 month later...

Gave it a 5. I don't play many shooters but found most of the trophies fairly easy, however the TV snake thingy on Hard made me cry, and 1-1 Brutal was a bit ridiculous. Haven't played it past this sector, very happy there isn't a trophy for completing on Brutal.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...