Disappointed with this game

Landulf

It's not that it isn't a great game...it's just so EXTREMELY short. With the obvious cliff hanger it is sure to have an expansion just like the last two titles...but a finished this game in an afternoon. After such a long wait for the game, I was expecting more...

I've played it without a guide... I've managed to rescue everyone, including the special guys. And I've found all the treasure in the first world; but I've yet to find all the treasure in 2 & 3. I've easily spent 10 hours on the game already, and I think it's worth the asking price. Considering you can Platinum games like UP! and Cloudy with Meatballs in a day, I'd say PJ Shooter is very cheap entertainment.

I've played it without a guide... I've managed to rescue everyone, including the special guys. And I've found all the treasure in the first world; but I've yet to find all the treasure in 2 & 3. I've easily spent 10 hours on the game already, and I think it's worth the asking price. Considering you can Platinum games like UP! and Cloudy with Meatballs in a day, I'd say PJ Shooter is very cheap entertainment.

haha, dude...the only games you platinum and 100% are kid games. Why?

haha, dude...the only games you platinum and 100% are kid games. Why?

Rock Band 2 isn't just a kids game, and it's not even an easy Platinum.

PJ Monsters, Comet Crash, Savage Moon - I love tower defence games; I did those without online guides (apart from one trophy in Comet Crash because I didn't understand what the trophy description meant). I wouldn't say these three are "kids games".

Magic Ball, Shatter, Hyperballoid - I bought all those the very day they came out (apart from Magic Ball, since it came out before I bought a PS3), as I happen to like bat & ball games. I haven't got 100% in Shatter yet, as the Boss Rush trophy isn't exactly easy.

Precipice of Darkness I & II: these are 18+ games, so definitely not kids games. I also didn't use online guides for them (to be honest, you don't need a guide - just play the game as it was intended).

The reason why I get 100% in kids games is, well, because they're easier than most games. Rock Band 2 is the standout Platinum for me because I played the game to death (and still do).

There are plenty of FPS games that are apparently easy to Platinum, but I don't play those games (I don't like them), hence I'll not get Platinums for them (I've heard Terminator Salvation is easy, but I can't bring myself to play it). The exception is Quantum of Solace, as I'm a huge 007 fan.

So yeah, I'm just an average gamer. Rock Band 2 stands out as my proudest achievement. I have a fair bit of disposable income, so I buy probably more games than I should... just got Gravity Crash the other day, and probably will never 100% it, as it's getting boring already.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
As a HUGE PJ Monsters fan I was considering getting this, but am now thinking twice. Are there any cool gameplay features or is it just water, lava and pick up stranded people?

Main target throughout the game is to find gems and rescue people.

There are three major sections which in itself play similar but are very different to each other. There is the lava section, the ice section and then the factory section (with a magnetc fluid). I think there is sufficient diversity. Length may be an issue for some, but it's not overly repetetive.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also picked this game up for $5. I would have paid $10 for it. It will probably take me close to 15 hours to find all the gems and people without a guide (which I wont use unless I am missing only one or two and searched several times)

• 3 weeks later...
well I just picked this up for $5 on the PSN Spring Fever, so this HAS to be worth at least THAT much....

After playing the demo, I wanted to buy this. Effing $9.99? I only have $9.02. And after hearing how short this game is, dammit. I still wanna buy this, but 10 bucks feels a litte too much. Yes, I can be cheap sometimes.