Worst online ever

luxxx

• 3 months later...

I agree, I only just started playing this online but out of the 6 or so matches Ive played, 2 people have quit out on me. I think they should have made that an auto-win. Games that don't have that included in the online are the worst because there's no punishment for someone quitting on you. There's not even a DNF% in this so I know who to stay away from. Mind you the online is borderline dead, but oh well.

So here's my story. I decide to try for the online trophies so I can get those out of the way already. As I enter the online mode, I notice there is no tutorial. "No problem", I say "The game must be simple enough so you can learn on the fly." Ok, I read the rules and think I've got it.

I try to start a match. I'm used to the Starcraft 2 leagues, so I'm expecting something pretty balanced. Well, apparently nobody over at QGames knows what a league is for because I get pitted against a guy from the Sun league, which is, oh, I don't know, the highest league available.

Guy has a billion items and knowledge of the game, beats me 7-0. I'm already pretty pissed, but I try to get another match.

Connecting... Cannot estabilish connection. Connecting... Cannot estabilish connection. Connecting... Cannot estabilish connection. Connecting... Cannot estabilish connection.

You get it. When I finally get an opponent, guess what. It's the guy from the Sun again!

Let's do the math: It's imbalanced, since it relies a lot on items that you have to buy. Poor ranking system, since you get opponents from the highest league just like that. It has little to do with the game at all, since it's a generic space shooter with a gimmick already seen in games like the DS Zelda. The server is bad, since it doesn't manage to connect me to other people correctly.

Did I forget something? Probably. This is likely to be the most poorly designed online mode I've seen in a game yet. I can't wait to boost through it and never play it again.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just started playing yesterday, then went online and was matched with a Jupiter level dude and got owned since i had no idea what i was doing.

luckily my next5 or 6 matches i won, then i lost a few, then i won 2 more where i got to the next planet and could bet and won.

sometimes i connected right away, sometimes it took 5 min to get someone.

got the 3 trophies, so i'm done now. back to getting the rest of the SP trophies tonight or tomorrow.

• 1 year later...