PixelJunk Racers: 2nd Lap

"Monkey Magic" Trophy - Pro Tip? o.0

AUSPUFF

Alright, so I was having some trouble with this trophy and finally figured out a pretty sure way of getting it.

Lap combo 120 cars in "Speed Monkey" mini-game without crashing.

After many failed attempts I decided to try the other, more advanced modes.

So here is the deal, if you pick "Speed Monkey Master", for some odd reason, there are much much less cars on the track. Maybe they though it's harder to rack up your combo in time? :facepalm: If you don't crash, timer doesn't matter... so I'll take those 10 cars on the track any day over the 20 on regular "Speed Monkey".

So there you have it. If you are struggling, pick "Speed Monkey Master", "Oval Express" track. A little tactic I used, go all the way up, on the outer most lane. Do not worry about the timer and do not accelerate, simply sit in that lane, that will make all the cars occupying it to catch up with you from behind and change lanes. No matter what you do, 1 car will always overtake you and go back up in that same lane. Make sure you recognize that particular car. Once you spot it, start accelerating and focus your eye sight on it. Do not look at your car. Simply follow that car and once your car gets in it's proximity, make quick up/down lane change with the D-pad and keep going. Keep your focus only on the car that is your obstacle. That will help you tremendously.

This is not fool proof strategy. Every now and then you will hit traffic so exercise your own judgment if your simple 1 lane maneuver won't cut it. Sometimes a stray car will go in the top lane too. But overall I can guarantee you a 80% success rate of getting over 100 combo. Sadly, the last 20 will be mostly luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...