PixelJunk Racers: 2nd Lap

PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap - Trophy Guide & Road Map

Jin_man

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af284/patacama/PJR2ndLapbanner.png

Header made by Patacama

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 5/10

-Offline (breakdown): 15 (14 (B), 1 (G))

-Online (breakdown): 1 (1 (B))

-Approximate amount of time to 100%: 6+ Hours (Look at Golden Glory)

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: Multiple (For getting Gold Cups in 20 Solo Tournaments)

-Number of missable trophies: None

-Glitched trophies: 0

-Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No Cheats

Introduction:

This is an expansion pack to PixelJunk Racers, an addictive slot car racing game that supports 1080p and features single player and multiplayer fun (up to 7 players simultaneously on one screen!). It's racing mayhem with intuitive controls, 32 different race modes, and online rankings.

Roadmap

Step 1: Playing through the Solo Tournaments

First start off by playing the Solo Tournament which is a total of 24 missions to do. Just work on finishing all 28 missions, don't worry about getting the gold cups yet (though it wouldn't hurt aiming for them).

Step 2: Mission Specific Trophies

Once you finish all of the Solo Tournaments then go to quick race to get Oh, I get it!, Untouchable, Monkey Magic, SO HUNGRY!, Freewheelin', Flamer, Total Destruction and Untouchable +. Look at the guide below for tips on getting these trophies.

Step 3: Gold Cups

Now go back to the Solo Tournaments. Now work on getting the gold cups. You only need to get 20/24 of them. This trophy will probably be the hardest trophy to get in the game. Here is my guide to collecting all of the gold cups.

Step 4: 100 Ghost Riders

Now for the annoying part. You will need to go into Ghost Attack and race 100 ghost riders. This will take you about an hour to get. Once you have gotten this you will have another 100% added to your collection

For all Mission trophies (ex. Flamer) who will have to play the normal version to get the trophy not the + version

Edited by Jin_man
Spelling

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/458/01.jpg

Bronzed Beauty (B)

Collect ten bronze cups (or higher) in Solo Tournament

You will easily get this trophy in the 3rd section. You just need to complete a solo tournaments to get a bronze cup.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/458/02.jpg

Silver Streak (B)

Collect fifteen silver cups (or higher) in Solo Tournament.

You can also get this trophy easily. Just aim for the silver cups when in the solo tournaments.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/458/03.jpg

Golden Glory (B)

Collect twenty or more gold cups in Solo Tournament.

This trophy can be a little tough. In each race you can either get a bronze, silver or gold cup. Some races require you to pass an amount of cars or finish 1st. You only need to get 20/24 gold cups. Try to aim for missions that are easy for you to complete. Remember that you only need to get one Gold of the two races you do in each Solo Tournament.

Here is my guide in collecting the gold cups.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/458/04.jpg

Learner Driver (B)

Combo Racers: Pass ten cars without colliding on Oval Express.

You will easily earn this in the mission "Combo Racers". Just pass ten cars without colliding. Use the D-Pad to pass the cars. Doing this will earn you this easy trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/458/05.jpg

Contender (B)

Pass thirty cars without colliding in Hot Rods

To earn this trophy you got to be in the mode Hot Rods. When you are in Hot Rods, if you tap :r2:, you will get a big boost of speed.

Tips:

-Don't Hold R2 all the time

-When you see a pack of cars. Look for a way through before just speeding in

-I suggest you use the "Oval Express" Track for this trophy

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/458/06.jpg

Oh, I get it! (B)

Absorb 25 cars without crashing in Bipolar or Bust.

This trophy is very easy to get. To absorb a car you just have to drive into it. If you are holding :r2: then you can absorb white cars when you aren't holding :r2: you can absorb black cars.

Tips:

-Stay in the outer part of the track

-You can just stay in the same lane. You will be able to get all 25 cars before the time runs out like this

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/458/07.jpg

Untouchable (B)

Hot Rods: Get gold with NO crashes, on the Split Courseway

This trophy is pretty hard. You will need to get in 1st without crashing which is hard. Another thing to add into this is that if you tap the :r2:/:l2: button you will go pretty fast. So I suggest you try to take it slow but not to slow and try to find a way to 1st. Once in 1st, stay 1st till the race is finished

Tips:

-At the beginning of the race you start last.

-If a car is black then you are ahead of it

-If a car is white then you are behind it

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/458/09.jpg

Monkey Magic (B)

Use whatever tricks you can to achieve a Speed Monkey combo of 120 or more!

When playing Speed Monkey you will need to pass 120 cars. Just take your time and once you pass 120 cars in a row you will earn this trophy.

Tips:

-Once you hear Bronze or hit a 20 combo don't touch the :r2: button

-Remember to look ahead for openings

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/458/10.jpg

SO HUNGRY! (B)

The Munchies: Keep yourself alive for over ninety seconds at the Desert Speedway.

This trophy can be pretty tough. You will need to stay alive for 90 seconds. To survive you need to absorb the other cars. Doing this will make you go faster.

Tips:

-You can absorb race cars from the side

-If you see a big group of cars, try to absorb as many as you can so you go faster.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/458/11.jpg

Ghost Rider (B)

Race against 100 ghosts in Ghost Attack.

This trophy might take a while. You will need to race against 100 ghosts in ghost attack. After you have raced against a total of 100 ghosts then you earn this time consuming trophy. You can easily race against the same ghost over and over for this trophy

*Confirmed, you can be vs. the same ghost 100 times*

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/458/12.jpg

Tournament Titan (B)

Complete Solo Tournament Mode

Completing the Solo Tournament Mode can be tricky. Only tricky part is at the end where you need 2 Gold Tournaments to race in the last section. To get a Gold Tournament you will need to get all golds in one section. I suggest you pick the first two sections as they are the easiest to complete.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/458/13.jpg

Speed Limit (B)

Clear In The Zone with a gold medal, without going faster than 70!

This trophy is also easy. To earn this trophy you will need to be playing the "In The Zone" mission. Just make sure you don't go faster than 70. To find out your speed its the number beside your car when you click :r2:/:l2:.

Tips:

-A good speed to destroy the other car is 50-60.

-At the start just wait for the cars to go around the track and once they return to you, start to destroy them.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/458/14.jpg

Freewheelin' (B)

Win Combo Racers without touching the throttle after the first lap, at Redwood Lakes.

Another easy trophy to get. In a Combo Race you gain speed by passing cars. Each car you pass you go faster. Right before you enter lap 2 let go of :r2:. Then just pass the cars in front of you till you pass 1st place.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/458/15.jpg

Flamer (B)

Fireball Frenzy: Destroy 10 cars in a single fireball at the Snow Spiral.

Another Easy Trophy. You just need to destroy 10 cars in a single fireball. To get a fireball you need to pass a set amount of cars. Once you have done that you will turn into a fireball. Now just try to hit as many cars as you can. You will easily get this on the first or 2nd try.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/458/16.jpg

Total Destruction (B)

Death Race: wipe out every last car on The Knot.

Even though there are a bunch of easy trophies in this game, this one can be tough to get. You need to destroy all cars in the "Death Race" mode in "The Knot" track before time runs out. There are around 50 cars you will need to destroy. Once you destroy a car it becomes a blue flame car which if you touch it you lose.

Tips:

-Don't go to fast or else you will miss too many cars

-Don't go to slow or else you won't have enough time to destroy all cars

-If you see a group of cars, try to destroy all or most of them before moving onto the next group of cars

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/458/08.jpg

Untouchable + (G)

Sunday Drivers: Get gold with NO crashes, on any course.

This trophy isn't really hard, it might take a couple tries but not hard. You need to pass a total of 160 cars or more to get gold. Just make sure you don't crash, if you do just retry the level.

Tips:

-Take your Time

-Look ahead for openings

Edited by Savenger
Spelling

GOLD CUP GUIDE

This is a guide to collecting 20/24 of the gold cups. By doing this you will earn Golden Glory. This guide is laid out by each type of race. The bracket beside the title of each mission shows how many there are. This guide is still in progress. There are still 4 more missions to do which i haven't done yet.

In The Zone (2)

Gold Req: Destroy all Cars

How To: To get Gold its very simple. Just stay behind each of your opponent's cars in the glowing circle. If you stay in there circle for about 2-4 seconds the car will blow up.

Combo Racers (2)

Gold Req: Pass 1st in an amount of time

How To: This one can be a little harder. Only tip I that can help is not to hit other cars because by doing this your speed will go back to 0.

Speed Monkey (3)

Gold Req: Pass 80 cars in a row

How To: Passing 80 cars can be easy, just take your time. Once you have passed 20 cars let go of :r2:. Look ahead of your car to see where openings are.

Fireball Frenzy (2)

Gold Req: Finish 5 laps in a set amount of time

How To: To finish 5 laps in the set amount of time you will need to pass a set amount of cars. Once you become a fireball you can go through the other cars. Just stay close to the corners and you will get the gold cup.

Rival Racers (1)

Gold Req: Place 1st at the end of the race

How To: Just place 1st. Just don't hit other cars or else your speed goes down to 0.

Sunday Drivers (2)

Gold Req: Pass 120 cars

How To: This is the same as Speed Monkey just that the cars are slower

Death Race (1)

Gold Req: Destroy a set number of cars

How To: You will need to destroy an amount of cars. Here are some tips from my guide. (Guide Here)

Tips:

-Don't go to fast or else you will miss to many cars

-Don't go to slow or else you won't have enough time to destroy all cars

-If you see a group of cars, try to destroy all or most of them before moving onto the next group of cars

Balloon Burst (1)

Gold Req: Score 7500 points

How To: This probably will be the easiest missions to do. Firstly get as much air as you can get into your car then let go of :r2:. Just use the D-Pad to avoid the other cars. There aren't too many cars to avoid making this very easy.

Hot Pursuit (2)

Gold Req: Score 200 points

How To: To get points you will need to crash into the rival car which is black. You get 10 points each time you hit the rival car. At the start just try to get to the rival car as fast as you can. Then keep hitting it from behind or the side.

Hot Rods (1)

Gold Req: Place 1st at the end of the race

How To: These are tips from my guide. (Guide Here)

Tips:

-At the beginning of the race you start last.

-If a car is black then you are ahead of it

-If a car is white then you are behind it

Sudden Death (2)

Gold Req: Pass an amount of missiles

How To: This one is like like Speed Monkey but with missiles. But if you get hit by a missile you will lose.

Buddy Race (1)

Gold Req: Finish 5 laps in a set amount of time

How To: This one is easy. You will need to finish 5 laps. But to finish in the set amount of time you will need to be as close to your "buddy" which is the black car. The closer you are to it, the faster you go.

The Munchies (2)

Gold Req: Survive for a set amount of time

How To: You will need to stay alive for a set amount of time. To do this you will need to absorb/eat the other cars by crashing into them. Each time you do this you get a boost of speed. If you don't do this then you will slow down and blow up.

Student Drivers (1)

Gold Req: Pass a set amount of cars

How To: This one is exactly like Sunday Drivers but the other cars want to kill you. They will try to drive in front of you. Just try to avoid them to earn a gold cup.

Bipolar or Bust! (2)

Gold Req: Absorb a set amount of cars

How To: You will need to absorb a set amount of cars which are white or black. If you hold down :r2:/:l2: you can only consume white cars and if you aren't holding :r2/:l2: then you can consume black cars.

Escape Master (2)

Gold Req: Survive for a set amount of time

How To: You will need to dodge the blue flaming cars. I suggest you stay on the side and hold :r2:. While holding :r2:, look behind your car and if you see a car in your lane just move to the lane beside you and let him pass you

Edited by Jin_man

For the Speed Limit one, you can try making that one easier by just staying at the start and letting the first car pass you, and go from there, as opposed to trying to catch up to them and risk going over 70 by accident.

Untouchable I'm not too sure on. I know it says no crashes, but I think you just can't make any contact with the back of a car, crash or not. Had to try a few times for that one. Just something to keep in mind though.

The "Ghost" trophy can be against the same ghost repeatedly, just crash and hit Try again, each one counts.

For the Speed Limit one, you can try making that one easier by just staying at the start and letting the first car pass you, and go from there, as opposed to trying to catch up to them and risk going over 70 by accident.

Untouchable I'm not too sure on. I know it says no crashes, but I think you just can't make any contact with the back of a car, crash or not. Had to try a few times for that one. Just something to keep in mind though.

The "Ghost" trophy can be against the same ghost repeatedly, just crash and hit Try again, each one counts.

Added, thx Eternal.

awesome guide but i got a question for ghost attack. can i simply enter the first challange In the zone and complete it 100 times?

Yes, you can repeat the same ghost over and over and get the trophy

And can you just race your own ghost over and over?

I can't confirm that but I suggest you just race against another ghost and just race it against it 100 times.

ARGH! Got all the trophies for gold, silver, bronze etc. Have gotten pretty much everything but I'm one race away from getting the tournament and can't beat Rival Racers master.

Got 1st place on the first race once, but couldn't go more than 4 seconds without a white car swerving into my lane. Seems like the white cars are on the black cars' team as I'm side by side with a black car, thinking I've got him cause a white care is in front of him and low and behold, every time, the damn white car switches to my lane...

Anyone got anything for this? Most of the other races rely on skill to a certain point but this one seems like its 60-70% luck based. Just one to go...man.

Its strange though, whenever i beat a ghost in a certain race type, all the other ghosts on the list disappear and only my name remains, any ideas?

Happend to me too, I found out that I had to switch one of the categories at the top for the full list. I think it does that in case you want to race yourself and try to do better.

In other news, I FINALLY beat the Rival Racers Master and even got gold on it...so I only have the Ghost Trophy and like one or two more!

Well, I just got 100%, it is pretty brutal..

For the 20 Gold Trophies, you only need to get atleast 1 gold on 1 of the 2 races, you can get a gold and a bronze and it still awards you the gold...BTW there is not 28 missions only 24, so you need 20/24

Destruction Trophy, is another hard one, I had got 50 cars changed and I wrecked on the last 50th car, so it didn't pop, so i kept trying and on my 49th car it popped on my next race

Untouchable, is another hard one, YOU CAN"T even bump a little bit, I barely bumped a car, it didn't reset my car so I figured I was fine nope, that happen a whole bunch of times....

Out of all the PixelJunk Games I think this is the hardest.. mostly relying on skill

Well, I just got 100%, it is pretty brutal..

For the 20 Gold Trophies, you only need to get atleast 1 gold on 1 of the 2 races, you can get a gold and a bronze and it still awards you the gold...BTW there is not 28 missions only 24, so you need 20/24

Destruction Trophy, is another hard one, I had got 50 cars changed and I wrecked on the last 50th car, so it didn't pop, so i kept trying and on my 49th car it popped on my next race

Untouchable, is another hard one, YOU CAN"T even bump a little bit, I barely bumped a car, it didn't reset my car so I figured I was fine nope, that happen a whole bunch of times....

Out of all the PixelJunk Games I think this is the hardest.. mostly relying on skill

Untouchable was easy. You can bump the cars on the side, just not front or back.

I'm working on the ghost thing now and I'll be done after that. I still have any trophies I can't get on PJ Edent, I think its the hardest... Does anyone know if you lose, hit try again and keep doing that if it counts for the 100? I know you can race the same ghost but I'm wondering if try again makes it not count.

Edited by bigdaddykraven

Untouchable was easy. You can bump the cars on the side, just not front or back.

I'm working on the ghost thing now and I'll be done after that. I still have any trophies I can't get on PJ Edent, I think its the hardest... Does anyone know if you lose, hit try again and keep doing that if it counts for the 100? I know you can race the same ghost but I'm wondering if try again makes it not count.

Someone said try again works, just crash and try again....but I actually decided to just try and beat the ghosts...but it should work, i'll have to get back in on Eden since I now have all the other PixelJunk 100%s

Not to sure if it has been posted, but to get those hard trophies such as Untouchable, plug in a second controller and just finish the race at your own pace. You will get gold because you "beat" the second player, woot!

Really works?!?!? I test it later

Jin_man: To play with ghosts requires online, so there is one online trophy (B)

At least Untouchable is more easier because you don't need to pass all the cars (with one controller), you need to pass 10 cars and make sure that you don't crash with any car (with two controllers). With Untouchable+ I don't know because I don't test it.

Jin_man: You have all the images for the trophies (I think that I submitted it yesterday)