PixelJunk Racers: 2nd Lap

Trophy Difficulty Rating

FiftyQuid

Rate the trophy difficulty.  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very easy.
    • 10 - Very hard.

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv60/funkyweed/Difficulty%20Threads/trophy_55.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.45

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by ShadowAFC

Just got the 100% today. Took about 3 to 4 hours total. I would rate it a 5 since Total Destruction and Golden Glory can be challenging. Untouchable and Untouchable+ would be hard if it wasn't for the two player method. It's a great game imo.

Edited by FactionG

well without cheating and using other methods but a legit 1 player way its an easy 7. I would vote a 6.5 but i cant. I dont konw why someone would vote a two because you can cheat by using the pause button. That vote should be taken away. For the average gamer out there just so ya know the trophies are anywhere from a 5 to a 7. Thats if you play your vids legit for fun. Not cheat for a trophy thats not real.

i would give it a 1 , got 100% for me and my friend's id in 2 hours

FYI im rank 9 in the world ( ABO___OMAR ) << new id

+ got rank 2 for my friend in Speed Monkey (615 cars)

too bad i only got for my id 555 cars :(

+ 333 bombs dodged = 2nd in the world

all done legit no cheating and by myself no extra controllers

if anyone needs help add me

Edited by SDERAWIII

well without cheating and using other methods but a legit 1 player way its an easy 7. I would vote a 6.5 but i cant. I dont konw why someone would vote a two because you can cheat by using the pause button. That vote should be taken away. For the average gamer out there just so ya know the trophies are anywhere from a 5 to a 7. Thats if you play your vids legit for fun. Not cheat for a trophy thats not real.

Sigh... I do play my games for fun, not for trophies, though I will try to fully complete my games if it's within my ability.

This game is *very* easy, far, far from difficult. Uh, sorry I had an easier time with the game than you did? Could I have done everything with just one controller, with just maybe a bit of effort? Definitely on an easy game like this. Not to mention you can do most of them on what was it? That first track, the oval one. Not to mention events take your HIGHEST grade out of the two <_<

Multiple controllers and pause trick make things even easier than that already are. And for your information, I only really used the pause trick mostly for that munchies trophy, and one of the races on the final group events. Oh, but that makes me a horrible person </sarcasm>

Guess I should go tell a bunch of people they don't deserve their Late Boomers in Stardust...

I still stand by that 2, btw.

Edited by Eternal_Spoon

Rival Racers Master is effing ridiculous (1-player mode, no tricks). That segment is 100x harder than all other "challenges" combined in solo tournament mode.

Nothing like winning the 1st portion only to finish the 2nd race in last to make you want to throw your controller through the TV...

Edited by Rhysss
Frustration.

Is that the one where you basically can only move as fast as all the other cars? That one was a little challenging, but try to hit the boosters and scan ahead so you don't crash, although that's not 100% foolproof as sometimes the cars just randomly decide to pull out in front of you <_<

On the turns, try to be on the inside which should help you catch up/get ahead/maintain your lead. Might take a few tries but totally doable.

• 1 month later...

Finished the game a week ago, with the 100 ghost races at the last trophy to get.

Gave the game a 5; yes there are trophies that are a real bitch to get, and yes, several times I would really like to unleash my rage on the controller, but with a 5 minute pause, and a breath of fresh air, you're good to go again. :D

• 1 month later...

7/10

This game requires fast reflexes and speedy stradegy but most importantly, a lot of luck. This game is completely random on set-up so each time you try an event, it will be totally different for better or worse. Some of the harder events suffer from road blocks that will hold you from advancing for dozens of crucial seconds or cause instant death. To add insult to injury, each event has 2 tracks and there is no restart feature in the solo campaign. You can gold medal the 1st track just to lose in the 2nd by being blown up in the first second. Each player will experience this game differently. My experience was full of frustration and disappointment. This game needs major updates.

Rating this a strong 7 and that might be a little gracious. The only saving factor was that each event is short so you can replay quickly. How in the world anyone can rate this below a 5 is a mystery to me (kudos to them for being good at the game I guess) but:

Untouchable

SO HUNGRY!

Total Destruction (holy %&*@ - what a pain)

are some rather difficult trophies, the great thing about these is that you feel like you've done something once you do complete them. It is a rather addicting game though, I had some fun with it for a few hours (with the exception of the TD trophy).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Say what, I didn't vote yet? Gosh.

It's a 2, maybe a 3 tops. You can use the Pause trick to get most of the hard trophies, and the rest are only grindy or requiring a bit of practice. Considering how short every stage is, it's not bad.

I didn't use a second controller, by the way. Don't know what for.