Lucky Find

Ghidora

Just wanted to let you all know that i got "lucky find" while doing "4 Tree Rainbow"

So i guess its just about beeing lucky(surprise)

It was in the 2nd tree from the left... so you could try and retry that stage until you get it...(dont know if the chance for it to "drop" is better on that map, who knows)

Just to clarify what this trophy actually means - there are no extra coins. To trigger the Lucky Find you simply have to find all 4 of the hidden drops for a stage in a single tree (i.e. 1xgem, 3x5coins).

If the drops were randomly assigned to trees then for 4 trees, the odds of a Lucky Find would be 4^3 or 1 in 64. In practice, the drops are frequently bunched up to some extent so the odds are probably a lot better (as evidenced by most people getting it in 10 retries or less).

Incidentally, this means the chances of getting this trophy on any other level are remote.

No, that's the chance of the 4 drops all being in a specific tree.

Think of it like this, whichever tree the gem happens to be in, the chance of all 3 coin drops being in the same tree is 1 in 4^3.

Oh, the gem doesn't need to be there? I'm missing something, then, because I've had all 15 coins drop at once but didn't get the trophy...

Its just an easy stage to check out... because of the low number of trees... and you can retry it as soon as you checked them....

Im glad you find my tip usefull...

Is anyone making a guide for this game anytime soon? i know a few of you are at 100% or just about to get there... :)

Im extremely confused, ive just spent about 10 tries on this level trying to get it and still nothing. Can somebody please tell me what the actual trophy is .. is it finding loads of coins in just one tree or what :S .. do i have to complete the stage when i have it, or will the trophy just appear as get the coins. Anybody please help :)

erm no craig!

you dont need to complete the stage and yes they all need to be in a single stage!

i personally found them doing the grenn flag trophie challenge, so i think it is totally random!

you just have to keep playin the game wth your fingers crossed

Oh, the gem doesn't need to be there? I'm missing something, then, because I've had all 15 coins drop at once but didn't get the trophy...
No you misunderstand. Think of it this way - it doesn't matter which tree the first drop is in, all that matters is that the other three drops are all in that same tree.

Craig - you need to find all 15 coins plus the gem in a single tree. The trophy will unlock immediately when you find it.

For anyone concerned that its taking a long time to get, I did an excel based brute-force algorhythm that assigned each drop a tree number, checked if all the trees matched, and out of....270000 'loads' of the level, I get a 1.5% chance...almost EXACTLY equalling 1 in 64, which, is 1/4^3 -

The first drop can land on any tree, the second has a 1/4 of landing on that tree, the third has a 1/4 of landing on that tree, and the fourth...1/4 of landing on that SAME tree. Thus, 1/64 loads, but thankfully there are 4 trees to try on each load, divide by 4 and you get 1/16 rounds you will get the magic drop.