Am I really this bad ?!??!?

It took me 3 tries to get past the FIRST (EASY) lvl....

and now im stuck on the second for the 5th try already, atm im thinking maybe i wasted 2,50 euros cause this game seems impossible..

i try to build as much towers and constantly upgrade them but they never do enough damage to kill the waves, i put them in spots where enemies have to travel multiple times etc but they just dont kill anything, what the hell am i doing wrong :s

and yes i know wich towers are good vs what etc.. thats very easy to grasp.. why cant i just effing beat these 'easy' levels wth... :mad:

Tower defense games can get notoriously tricky really fast, especially when the number of waves gets longer.

It's not always about building the best towers as quickly as possible - in fact, it's better to go "minimalistic," building just as much as you need to get past the current wave so you'll get more of a "cash bonus" between each wave. It's not much, but that extra tower you'll be able to throw up on Wave 7 or 8 when everything hits the fan and a wave of better armored enemies shows up can make or break your session.

Make sure you're always busy - checking to see what the next wave is, selling old towers when you no longer need anti-air defense (it gets easier when you know what enemies will be in each wave for a stage), dancing a new tower up to Yellow and then single-gem speed upgrading it to Red, etc.

It's the Trophy Challenges that are probably going to drive me nuts - took me several tries to complete the first one of those because I had to get used to the idea of tracking my towers and selling them to avoid any of them accidentally auto-upgrading and ruining my attempt. :)

Try to view the flow of the enemies, that pattern will not change when you retry the level. You can place some towers in areas that will hit the enemies on more than one occasion. Upgrade these towers and keep an eye on any changes to the waves. There are also hidden coins on most levels within the trees.

It gets much tougher as it gets toward the end of each level so be prepared for that. I personally had a lot of fun with this game and the DLC, altough that was a few years ago now.

This game is such a b*tch. I'm just running through the 1p campaign on medium and it gets more frustrating with each level. Remember in starcraft or warcraft td games when you have the freedom to build however you like, and upgrading which-ever order you like, and still be able to kill everything in any given wave? Well, this game demands you to upgrade towers in a certain manner else the enemies will get so tough the wave you won't be able to kill anything with your existing towers: i.e. if you don't save up 10 green eggs for the power tower by wave 8, you won't be able to kill everything on wave 9. So it really takes countless trial&errors to get it right...

I'm 3 hours into this one level on medium and I still haven't been able to get past wave 12 -_-. Giving up.

I feel this threads pain. I bought this from the blowout sale on PSN, and I'm struggling on Casual on just the Easy levels. I'm not even sure I wanna try going for trophy challenges. This is a 0% I'm alright with being on my Trophy Card.

I must say, despite getting perfects being seemly impossible for me, the game is still pretty darn fun. Still.... not being that good at it kind of upsets me because I'm pretty good at all those TD games on Kongregate and the such. :|

• 6 months later...

I've never played the tower defense genre before, but I've played some

real-time strategy such as Starcraft. I've found PixelJunk Monsters to be

quite difficult. I think the learning curve on it is rather steep, and the

wave structure amplifies the effect of small mistakes.

I feel like I'm getting better at it, but it's still hard for me to know when

it would be better to sell towers or spend gems to upgrade versus saving

them to research new towers.

I'm sticking with it for now, though, and trying to complete the Story Mode

and Trophy Challenges.