Rate the trophy difficulty.  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_gold_8.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.15

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper
Updated average.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Gave this flippin' game a 10 (excluding DLC), most of these trophies are a pain that makes being hit in the butt with a sledge hammer more pleasant than these trophies.

Sorry 'bout that just had to vent out my anger about this game somewhere.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Gave it a seven. Is it challenging? Yes. Is it impossible? Not by a long shot. I've found that by taking a break from it and coming back I'm more relaxed and I can take the levels on better.

This is by far my favorite PSN game. I can't wait for Pixeljunk Shooter to come out.

• 1 month later...

this game is a 10. I have literally burst blood vessels in my eyes screaming at the TV during one of my many long, long falls after just missing that last seed. Then I can't find a heart to refill my stupid little meter, and now I'm dead and I JUST WASTED AN HOUR FOR NOTHING!!!!! I HATE THE TALL GARDENS!!!!!

love this game btw, probably my favorite PSN title

• 2 months later...

This was an 8 before, but with the DLC it's a solid 9. It's perfectly possible, but it's one of those rare trophy sets that requires both a lot of skill and a large time committment. Getting all seeds in gardens 7-15 is a monumental achievement, as some of them are insanely difficult, and if you mess up you can easily waste an hour of hard work. Without being able to look up how to do some of the trophies this would be a 10.

So yeah, if you're a skilled gamer, you will be able to 100% this. Just prepare for it to take ages. I chip away at the game every few months and have found that to be the least frustrating way of doing it, and the game is more fun if you take a break between the harder trophies. You could conceivably pound out a 100% in a few marathon sessions, but you'll hate the game if you do it that way.

• 3 weeks later...

So yeah, if you're a skilled gamer, you will be able to 100% this. Just prepare for it to take ages. I chip away at the game every few months and have found that to be the least frustrating way of doing it, and the game is more fun if you take a break between the harder trophies. You could conceivably pound out a 100% in a few marathon sessions, but you'll hate the game if you do it that way.

I agree with this. I found this game more fun and a little easier to take on the gardens if you take very long breaks fromt this game. For example if you get all the seeds in say garden 6 (which was quite a feat btw, being I got the update patch 1.05 making the game a little easier, and unfortunately couldn't go any higher than that unless I get some help), then take a few days off, or even a couple of weeks off. Then do one more garden and get all the seeds in garden 7 (a fairly tricky garden indeed;)) then take another break, repeat, repeat, repeat eventually you'll 100% this baby!! I found the game very fun and not too fustrating this way.:D

• 2 weeks later...
I found a 7/10 to be a pretty fair rating for this game, mostly due to the time involved for 100%. I never played the game before they released the patch that added more crystals, but I can imagine this being a lot more difficult without it.

Thanks for the info about the patch:D And yes this game was painfully hard to the point of insanity before this game ever got patched. Holy moly how I tried to actually do the (B) Zero Wasted Pollen getting the "seeds" instead of the "spectra" because of the trophy discription being wrong. I almost lost it! I'll get the patch once I get the chance before I continue to make it a little easier on myself:D Good luck Abueboa!:D

Edited by Dreadnought190

• 2 months later...

I would give this game about a 8. Thanks to the patches, this game is from a 10 to about an 8 (for me). This game requires a lot of patience as it takes like 50 hours to 100% this game. I've gotten all of them except (B)x15 prowler combo and (B)3p play ping pong, I'll do those when I get some help from my cousins once I visit. As for the all seeds for the gardens, it's mostly about experience. It took me a few tries to get all seeds in some of the gardens (ranging from like 45 min. to 1hour and 20 min.) so it took me a while. It's mostly about memorization of the locations of the seeds. I've also used youtube for some of the trophies. This is a really fun game though if you have a lot of patience and don't get fustrated easily. And the encore gardens are really cool:) So yeah, this is a pretty challenging game.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

8/10 for me, some of the levels are deceptively difficult to get all seeds and Spectra on, plus getting zero wasted pollen is especially tough and very frustrating. Also, I had to buy an extra controller for this game, I may have given it in an extra mark just for that!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Just finished 100% on the main game (sans Encore DLC) after FOUR YEARS marinating in my backlog. I'll call it 7/10. Definitely a significantly skill-based game and one that requires a fair bit of patience, but it is very conquerable. YouTube videos help quite a bit for the All Seeds and Combo trophies, and 3P Ping Pong is much easier if you have the assistance of a friend.

EDIT - Just finished off the Encore DLC, still 7/10. Basically more of the same stuff.

Edited by Aeliana

• 5 years later...

I got no clue why this game got so high difficulty rating. I would say 5-6 tops. Yes at first when you get to garden 7+ it seemed hard but a few tries on 7 and every thing after that went on 1-2 tries.

Im finally at 100% at this game and can move on. I had 8% for like 7 years, and descided to do some trophy cleaning. On to that evil Bionic Commando.... now thats a challenging game! 9-10/10

• 6 months later...

i gave it a 3/10. there was really nothing hard about it. also i dont think that it's that frustrating. the controls are pretty straight forward and well done. when it comes to cellecting all seeds, the videos are good enough to get them all. only complain i have about the game that it gets long when you are doing the dlc too, but thats about it. liked the game, but it took a little bit too long. 

dont get scared by people who say this is a 10/10, its very far from it.