ugh!! 3P Play Ping Pong???

SuccesS-

• 3 weeks later...

Just when I thought playing Eden could not possibly have a more negative effect on my rapidly devaluating life, I am asked to juggle 3 controllers like a circus clown for 3 hours.

If that wasn't demoralizing enough, the fact that all 3 of my controllers look the fucking same sure was. I ended up using little animal stickers my baby brother left in my car to distinguish the damn things - earning my controllers the nicknames Mr. Elephant, Crocodile and Ostrich respectively.

Not only that, you then drop one controller in the midst of the onslaught, quickly grab hold of the other two, only to find out the first one did indeed vanish from your line of sight. While your little Grimp falls back down on screen, you desperately reach underneath the couch to grab hold of controller 1, a.k.a Mr Elephant.

After you punch your dog away for the 5th consecutive time because he won't let go of the mindset that you might be on the floor to play with him instead, you do your button combo only to find out that the batteries in controller 3 (Mr Ostrich) are running low, and that your wife apparently did not replace said batteries like she said she did.

You then get the trophy, but what was the price? You have stickers permanently stuck to your controller representing animated animals. You just lost the only loyalty you will ever have in life by punching your dog, who now thinks you're an asshole, and your wife thinks it's time to "talk".

But hey, you got a 100%!

Just when I thought playing Eden could not possibly have a more negative effect on my rapidly devaluating life, I am asked to juggle 3 controllers like a circus clown for 3 hours.

If that wasn't demoralizing enough, the fact that all 3 of my controllers look the fucking same sure was. I ended up using little animal stickers my baby brother left in my car to distinguish the damn things - earning my controllers the nicknames Mr. Elephant, Crocodile and Ostrich respectively.

Not only that, you then drop one controller in the midst of the onslaught, quickly grab hold of the other two, only to find out the first one did indeed vanish from your line of sight. While your little Grimp falls back down on screen, you desperately reach underneath the couch to grab hold of controller 1, a.k.a Mr Elephant.

After you punch your dog away for the 5th consecutive time because he won't let go of the mindset that you might be on the floor to play with him instead, you do your button combo only to find out that the batteries in controller 3 (Mr Ostrich) are running low, and that your wife apparently did not replace said batteries like she said she did.

You then get the trophy, but what was the price? You have stickers permanently stuck to your controller representing animated animals. You just lost the only loyalty you will ever have in life by punching your dog, who now thinks you're an asshole, and your wife thinks it's time to "talk".

But hey, you got a 100%!

lol this is the exact reason I didn't even attempt this trophy, would be nice too see actual footage of your monumental success tho, I can imagine it looking quite comical.

maybe it would have been quicker to ask your wife to help... maybe train the dog to do it while you're on.

Edited by Tzeeke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
lol i got this with the help of my goldfish = ) i started this a while ago lol

Sometimes I really wish people wouldn't get banned. Seriously, how can a goldfish help you get this trophy. I want to know. I just hope this person deserved it. I know most infractions earned on this site are givin for people disagreeing with a moderator, but I have seem some infractions and bans that were legit.

If anyone else knows how a goldfish can help you get this trophy, please let me know.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just cant get that Trophy....

This is how I understand the requirement for that Trophy after watching some videos:

Player 2 and Player 3 are hanging on its "ropes".

Player 1 has to jump on Player 2. From Player 2, Player 1 has to jump further on Player 3. From Player 3, Player 1 has to jump back to Player 2.

After doing that only ONE circle of crystals popped up. In the video are TWO circles of crystals popping up. So what am I doing wrong?

I tried this method 7 times within one sitting and no trophy came up..

Do Player 2 and Player 3 have to swing in a certain direction or can they just hang around and do nothing???

I'm really not sure what you just said, but here's what needs to be done:

Player 1 and 2 will be the catchers and player 3 will be the ball!

Player 3 jumps into the air and player 1 jumps to catch him. Note that the catchers always jump with their string so they can swing. Player 1 then swings around with player 3 attached to him. When he gets around enough to launch player 3 into the air, player 3 jumps free into the air and then player 2 catches him. Player 2 then swings around with player 3 attached until player 3 can launch skyward again. Player 1 then catches player 3 and this continues...

You have to repeat this process like 4 or 5 times I believe for the trophy to pop up. I have no idea about what crystals appear, I didn't notice any crystals at all when I did it, but that was before any updates were released for the game.

• 2 years later...

Okay I hope someone can help me here, since there's very little activity on this particular forum, I'm not ure if they'll be anyone who can. I went to the trouble of buying a 3rd controller (OCTH - Obsessive Compulsive Trophy Hunter). I had them laid out in front of me and I practiced until I could copy the following video (they actually had 2 people - I rule).

However, I have now managed to swing between the two grimps 8 times without the middle grimp (the ball) touching the ground and yet the trophy hasn't popped. I tried redoing whilst I was online and managed to get to 7 times, but still no trophy what's going wrong? Is this trophy glitched for anyone?

After doing that only ONE circle of crystals popped up. In the video are TWO circles of crystals popping up. So what am I doing wrong?

I tried this method 7 times within one sitting and no trophy came up..

If you look closely he actually jumps really quick the last couple of times and there are THREE circles of crystals. I'm having the same problem as you in that the trophy wont pop though :(

• 1 month later...
I'm having the same problem as you in that the trophy wont pop though :(

Realised I'd put spider mode on from the Encore DLC (it's a special mode you unlock when getting all Spectra from the DLC gardens) and I'd forgotten to turn it off, which stopped me from getting the trophy!

Definitely possible with one person and three controllers. Have the ping pong controller in the middle of the three on a table as you should only need to press 'X' on it to get the grimp to jump it's the other two controllers on either side of your middle controller that you quickly need to interchange between.

• 2 months later...

If anyone cares to know you need 6 touches for the trophy. The crystals start spawning on the 4th touch (at the third crystal circle the trophy will pop). The trick is that you have to wait a split second between jumps (not sure how he did the fast jumps on the video). A slightly easier way of doing this is jumping straight up along with the two swingers to latch on at the top for the first touch, that way right when they bounce at the bottom you can jump your "ball" to the other swinger.

Just wondering, I haven't tried, but is it possible to just hang 2 players straight down fairly close to each other, and then have the third player just bounce really quickly back and forth between them? I.E. neither of the first two players are 'swinging', rather 'hanging'?

Yes but you cannot jump quickly back and forth or you will not attach to them. You have to have a slight pause in between.

• 1 month later...

I just got the trophy with my girlfriend because I got lazy of doing it on my own. It's really easy, though...you just put two grimps up (where the video shows you) then put the two controllers on the ground and set your toes up to press X...Then hold the controller for the jumping grimp and just carefully maneuver your jumps...I got it after latching on, jumping, jumping and jumping again...that's 4 touches...

It took me 9 tries with my girlfriend...

• 11 months later...

Finally got around to this last night. I did it by myself and found the "two player swinging" method far simpler than what is in the guide. I tried the guide way for around an hour and a half and then tried the "two player swinging" method twice and got it. So I started garden 1 and just jumped to the top of the first plant with all three grimps. One grimp (flying grimp) jumps straight up and then swinging grimp one swings to grab him, after one rotation flying grimp jumps up again and then swinging grimp two grabs him, rinse and repeat. Yes, this method requires some controllers juggling but there is plenty of time if you jump when the flying grimp is perpendicular to the ground. I know this is way way late in the game but thought this might help others that never got around to this trophy.

Edit: There are videos on youtube showing this, I believe the one I watched was called Two Player method when I searched "Pixeljunk 3 play ping pong."

Edited by bigdrama

• 5 years later...