PixelJunk Eden - Trophy Guide

PerpetualHeaven

Special Thanks To: Coramoor, Rowe9, Dullshimmer, Mrwestfall, Lamplitersniper, Jamby, Sussi9000, ChuckNorris078, Laraman, Gernboes, The_White_Fang

I apologize if I didn't get everyone's names on their quotes. I just snag it from another thread but totally slipped my mind to put your names beside it. Regardless, these guys did a wonderful job and thank you very much. Special big thanks to everyone that helped with the videos.

Bronze Trophies

1.jpg  All Seeds 01 (B)

Open all seeds in garden 01

Remember, that all seeds just mean seeds, not spectra. Make sure that you’re opening all the seeds and you search every corner. There are a few seeds hidden away to make the game a little more challenging. Also, make sure you watch where the pollen floats when you pick them up. The pollen leads you right to the seed.

If you’re having trouble with time, for every seed you open in a combo, a circle of crystals will appear around them for time. They also appear in big pollen combos, so if you get one to fill a bunch of seeds and then open the seeds in a combo, this should easily fill the time meter most of the way.

Remember, if you don’t go and hit the seeds you just filled with pollen right away, there’s no way to find them but to explore all over the place. Reason being, once seeds in the area are full, the pollen just disappears when you hit it.

Note: All these trophies will unlock while you’re in the level. So, if you unlock all of the seeds in level 01 but haven’t finished it, the trophy will pop up.

Garden 1, being the easiest level, is a prime suspect for the 10 Minute Grimp trophy and the Zero Wasted Pollen Trophy. The level doesn't have any tricks to be wary of except for the first string of baddies near the very top of the level where the last Spectra is located. A note for those going for All Seeds Garden 1: there are 3 "unnecessary" seeds in this garden. 2 Right in the beginning, to the left of the third seed you open and 1 All the way at the top of the garden before you get your last Spectra which is to the left of it.

29 Seeds in Garden 1:

2.jpg  All Seeds 02 (B)

Open all seeds in garden 02

This garden is really simple. Garden 2 is just as easy as garden 1 except there are a couple of more threats and a few more big seeds. Don't forget to collect all of the seeds in the main area before going over the stone ledge. The seeds aren't hard to miss but it's fairly easy to get sidetracked when you're swinging around aimlessly. A new baddie is introduced that shoots missiles in all directions, they are really easy to dodge but if you want to take this guy out just spin into him. One seed that is commonly missed is all the way to the right of the first half of the garden, before the stone wall which you can see at 4:00 in my Garden 2 All Seeds Part 1 video.

41 Seeds in Garden 2:

3.jpg  All Seeds 03 (B)

Open all seeds in garden 03

Garden 3 is where the aggravation of the games utilities comes into play. The 6 shielded baddies are pretty annoying at times and can make you fall to the bottom of the garden several times. Big combos or charged up Grimps are necessary for getting passed the huge seeds placed throughout the level. Use the pollen prowlers around you along with the baddies and the combos will come very easily. To open one of these bad guys, simply spin towards him and he will blow up into 6 pollen prowlers. There are no hidden seeds in this garden. One seed that seems a bit unpractical is the one against the stone wall to the left of the beginning of the garden which you can see at 2:55 in my Garden 3 All Seeds Part 1 video.

31 Seeds in Garden 3:

4.jpg  All Seeds 04 (B)

Open all seeds in garden 04

Garden 4 introduces a garden where you are climbing upward the entire time basically. This can present problems if you are constantly falling to the bottom of the garden. There are enough power crystals that there shouldn't be a problem even if you fall a couple of times. There are a couple of seeds that aren't obvious which can be seen at 2:50 to 3:20 in my Garden 4 All Seeds Part 1 Video as well as another seed at 6:50 in the same video. If you are having problems getting the first Spectra, try opening the seeds at 2:50 to 3:20 to open up more flowers to get up to the Spectra.

25 Seeds in Garden 4:

Edited by Viper
Added trophy tiles

5.jpg  All Seeds 05 (B)

Open all seeds in garden 05

Start off Garden 5 by opening all the seeds up to the left of the stone wall and then climb back up the right of the stone wall to get all of the seeds. You need to do this for each stone section to get all the seeds. On the right side of the stone wall in the first section, there is a seed switch that opens up right next to a flower booster. This will take you to another Spectra. After you have got that Spectra, repeat the same procedure to get all the seeds in the second stone area. After you have finished that area you will go to a more open area with elevators. Keep opening all the seeds as you reach the highest position you can reach with the flower elevators. After that, you will need to open the seed switch and shoot yourself across to the final Spectra. There are no hidden seeds in this garden but be sure to check the right sides of the stone walls to make sure you have gotten all the seeds.

29 Seeds in Garden 5:

6.jpg  All Seeds 06 (B)

Open all seeds in garden 06

27 Seeds in Garden 6:

7.jpg  All Seeds 07 (B)

Open all seeds in garden 07

Garden 7 is a tough garden where experience is the major fuel. I suggest starting off the beginning of the level by climbing up the left side of the map and opening as many seeds as possible but at the same time, keep a mental picture of what you have filled, opened, or not opened. The gravity can screw you up and you may forget what you have done so do your best to remember where you have cleared. The gravity will then shift to the right. Do the same thing for this side but scale the right side of the map. Make your goal for each gravity change to get as close to the center of the map as possible in the direction opposite of the gravity. The gravity will then change to going up, repeat the process of going towards the center Spectra that is surrounded by 4 Seeds that only requires you to fill up one to reach the Spectra but all 4 for the Trophy. Then the gravity will face left, do the same thing. And then it will start over, going to the normal gravity. You won't finish in only 1 cycle of the gravity, so be patient and just work on the sides of the garden that make the most sense. 2 Seeds that present a big problem for me every time i have gone for this trophy are the ones near the 2nd highest Spectra on the left side of the garden. Try and get these filled when you are scaling the left side of the map at the beginning of the garden.

49 Seeds in Garden 7:

8.jpg  All Seeds 08 (B)

Open all seeds in garden 08

Garden 8 is pretty simple if you take your time and don't jump all over the place like a maniac. Start off by clearing the top section of the map and then work your way down the right side of the garden until you have claimed 3 of the 5 Spectra in the garden. There are a couple of seeds that need to be claimed on the right side that are sometimes overlooked. The elevator flowers bring you down to a big seed that must be claimed which will also score you your last Spectra on the right side. Don't forget to take the elevator up the right side of the rock wall. You come down the left side and there are 3 seeds that need to be claimed on the right side of the rock wall. After you have finished the right side, either fall back down or take the flower launcher that you filled on the right side of the stone area and start heading to the left of the garden. There are 3 areas you have to teleport to to get all of the seeds. The ports can be found above the 3 seed switches to the right of every stone wall. The first port has 1 seed, the second port has 4 seeds, and the last port has 1 seed. Also, on the top of every rock wall there are seeds that need to be opened as well. Climb every rock wall from the left side to make sure you claim all of them. The order of the seed switches on the last spectra can be seen from my part 3 of my garden 8 videos at 8:10. Also do not forget to claim the 5 seeds that surround the last spectra, two of which are to the left, three to the right.

78 Seeds in Garden 8:

9.jpg  All Seeds 09 (B)

Open all seeds in garden 09

The easiest of the upper level gardens. The only thing to really worry about is the bombs scattered on the main level of rock. They take a good portion of your health away when you are hit and shoot you a fair distance. This garden is really straight forward and the only thing you need to be careful of are the new baddies that shoot laser beams. They are these 5 sided figures that shoot lasers in several directions and when hit, it takes away some health. Kill these things when you get near them but they only appear near the upper level. There are two seeds that are sometimes overlooked. When you are coming up the middle of the level and open up that seed right between the two rock platforms, there is a seed that is sometimes challenging to reach that you can see at Part 3 of my garden 9 all seeds video at 1:35 and another seed which you can see at Part 1 of my garden 9 all seeds video at 7:20 which is at the right side of the garden.

36 Seeds in Garden 9:

10.jpg  All Seeds 10 (B)

Open all seeds in garden 10

74 Seeds in Garden 10:

Edited by Viper
Added trophy tiles

11.jpg  All Gardens Clear (B)

Get a Spectra in each garden

You can open up every garden at a global collection of 35 Spectra. So you need a minimum of 36 Spectra to get this trophy.

12.jpg  Combo Ten (B)

Pollen Prowler combo x 10

See “Combo Fifteen”

13.jpg  Combo Fifteen (B)

Pollen Prowler combo x 15

This trophy can be done with pretty good results on garden 3. As the level starts off. Run to the left and open the first two seeds you see. A shielded baddie will come at you. Jump around until you see enough pollen prowlers then roll at him and start collecting. This trophy is a bit about luck as well as timing. Another strategy that is very easy to do with a little practice is on garden 9.

Garden 3 Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh0FVrMiOQ4 YouTube - PixelJunk Eden x15 Pollen Combo Guide[/ame] 

Garden 9 Video:

14.jpg  The Hundred Thousander (B)

Get 100,000 pollen in one garden

For 100,000 I suggest doing it on Garden 3. The bad guys enable you to quickly get a 5 combo without any pollen. Other gardens can only give 5 combos or higher from chance. With Garden 3 you are pretty sure you'll get at least a 9 or a 10 combo by the time you finish getting the 100,000 multiple times.

15.jpg  500 Dead Pollen Prowlers (B)

500 Pollen Prowlers killed

See “The Hundred Thousander”

16.jpg  Ten Minute Grimp (B)

Get all 5 Spectra from a garden within 10 minutes

10 minute grimp is less of a rush then you'd think, the key is to relax, take care with your jumps, know which seeds are useless and to basically take enough time that you don't fall. Once I followed all these rules I cleared the first garden in 9:07

Sussi9000: Best strategy to complete this is to not forget to use the SixAxis and charge yourself up. This allows you to have a boost of energy that will gain you more pollen as long as you don't move from where you have landed after initiating the charge. This can be activated by bringing your remote straight down. To gain the pollen bonus you have to hit the prowlers with your Grimp, not your string. Here is a video showing you what you can do.

Six-axis demo:

Garden 1 is the best choice for this and is pretty easily done if you rush yourself and use your SixAxis on the big seeds at the top of the garden.

17.jpg  Fifteen Crystals (B)

Get fifteen crystals in a single jump

Here is a video for Garden 5:

This also can be done in Garden 4.

Sussi9000: The 15 power crystal trophy is pretty easy on the 4th garden. If you are going for the Spectra closest to the ground, (you have to go up the 2nd rock then down it) you will see more seeds below it. Keep on going down until you reach the bottom of the rock on the left side and you'll see a stream of power crystals going straight down. Take aim and then shoot yourself straight and you'll get 15.

His video for Garden 4:

Edited by Viper
Added trophy tiles

18.jpg  Zero Wasted Pollen (B)

Open all seeds in a garden without missing any pollen

Sussi9000: This trophy can again, be easily done on garden 1. Patience is the major key for this trophy. Don't rush, you have all the time in the world. Aim for the center of the prowlers and you'll get all of the pollen in your initial hit. Also, if you spin you can also suck in pollen towards your Grimp. One place where you might need to use the SixAxis is at the top right big seed that takes a large amount of time to fill. Be careful here because it is extremely easy to fall off or lose some pollen. Another key is to save your Spectra for as long as possible. If you start collecting them, then your time is going to drop down faster. So try and get as many power crystals as possible and try and chain seeds so you can get free crystals. Also a correction of the trophy, you need to get all the Spectra without missing any pollen, not all seeds. These videos show me getting all seeds and then I go ahead and get the last Spectra in a part of a video I deleted because I initially thought you only needed all the seeds but I do in fact go and get the last Spectra I need and get the trophy which was located at the beginning of the garden.

His Videos: PT.1 -

PT.2 -

Gernboes' Videos: PT 1 -

PT 2 -

PT 3 -

19.jpg  Three Play Ping Pong (B)

In 3p mode, trapeze jump between two swinging Grimp

Silver Trophy

20.jpg  All Spectra Found (S)

Get all the Spectra in all gardens

50 Spectra in total. Refer to guides for Gardens 1-10 to find them all.

Edited by Viper
Added trophy tiles

Oh I got credited, I feel all proud now ^_^. Great guide and thanks to everyone's contributions which will be helpful for when I get back into PixelJunk Eden.

---

I have one more tip to add for Zero Wasted Pollen (which I finally got last night following my own tip :D).

Use your points. One pollen busted open will give you 120 points, a combo of two will give you 360, a combo of three 720 and so on. Every time you kill a pollen prowler your points at the bottom right should end in a ZERO. If you have missed some you'll notice by that (on the occassion you may have still missed some if you've ended in a zero and killed an enormously large amound of pollen prowlers but for the most part, it's a solid plan).

Oh, and for Zero Wasted Pollen while the official description reads "seeds", it's only Spectra you need to collect :).

Yeah, we should alter this guide a little bit on the damn Zero Wasted Pollen. Everybody is still making guides on how to get all the seeds, but this is not even what the trophy is all about. The advice "make sure you don't get all the spectra all the way" is pretty much telling you to do exactly the opposite of what you really have to do.

You don't have to get all the seeds. Just the spectra. It was a translation mistake, and it will save you a TON of work/time/frustration/conflict/divorce. If you must, use the 10 minute grimp guide. It shows you exactly which seeds to grow to get all the spectra, which is all you'll need.

I understand a lot of hard work went into the videos and guide part of the Zero Wasted, but I do think it should be accurate. Not everybody scrolls down all the way to read the comments just to make sure it's all correct. :X And it's not a small difference we're talking about here.

Yeah, we should alter this guide a little bit on the damn Zero Wasted Pollen. Everybody is still making guides on how to get all the seeds, but this is not even what the trophy is all about. The advice "make sure you don't get all the spectra all the way" is pretty much telling you to do exactly the opposite of what you really have to do.

You don't have to get all the seeds. Just the spectra. It was a translation mistake, and it will save you a TON of work/time/frustration/conflict/divorce. If you must, use the 10 minute grimp guide. It shows you exactly which seeds to grow to get all the spectra, which is all you'll need.

I understand a lot of hard work went into the videos and guide part of the Zero Wasted, but I do think it should be accurate. Not everybody scrolls down all the way to read the comments just to make sure it's all correct. :X And it's not a small difference we're talking about here.

Yeah, i agree with the getting all seeds part, that should be removed. Also i think i wrote in my part of the guide about one seed thats easy to miss or sth like that. that can be removed as well.

but i do think the part about not taking the spectra as soon as you can is still valid, because you can use the spectra to fill that meter (dont know what its called) if you run out of time. (although its possible that you are never in danger of running out of time if you are going only after the spectra, dont know about that)

anyway, thanks for crediting me :)

Well, yes. I agree. The oscillator, you mean. :p Which stands for infinity, ironically enough.

I would simply go to Garden 1, skip all the bottom Spectra and go for the ones on top first. Not only that, if you ever get in a time bind, you can then rocket yourself all the way to the bottom (providing this doesn't simply happen to begin with..), and get that easy Spectra in the bottom center for a time refill. Same as the one directly to the east of it.

if by "rocket yourself all the way to the bottom" you mean climbing cautiously down, i agree :p

because if you mean jumping recklessly down, theres a big chance you will hit a prolwer on your way down and then good luck to you getting those pollen...

but as you can see in part 3 of my video i did exactly that (climbing, not jumping), the Spectra in the bottom center was the last one i got :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
can we get some pixel junk eden encore info into this guide? Im trying to get all the seeds in gardens 11-15 and I'm about to start punching babies.

Agreed, Encore's Garden 13 has this teleportation climb sequence near the top that makes me just extremely furious. It has these sets of two angled teleports that you have to enter in a PERFECT angle so you can get higher and higher by flying perfectly from a teleport to adjacent teleport. It just seems impossible. I've gotten all seeds in Gardens 11, 12 & 15 (probably 14 too if I even bother with it again, last time I went through it I missed just one seed).

• 3 months later...

Great guide!! This is definately a challenging trophy game but far from impossible. And thanks to the update patch, this game feels less difficult than it used to be (like getting 4 spectra, but ran outta time for the 5th one and having to start over difficult). I just finished getting all the seeds from gardens 1-6. And I'm currently on 7 which I think is the trickiest one, but once you get the hang of the gravity shifting controls, it's a lot easier to deal with so long as you got a strategy. The strategy that PerpetualHeaven made for garden 7 is great!! Good luck everyone!!:D:D

Thanks for the guide!:D

• 6 months later...
Great guide!! This is definately a challenging trophy game but far from impossible. And thanks to the update patch, this game feels less difficult than it used to be (like getting 4 spectra, but ran outta time for the 5th one and having to start over difficult). I just finished getting all the seeds from gardens 1-6. And I'm currently on 7 which I think is the trickiest one, but once you get the hang of the gravity shifting controls, it's a lot easier to deal with so long as you got a strategy. The strategy that PerpetualHeaven made for garden 7 is great!! Good luck everyone!!:D:D

Thanks for the guide!:D

I finished this game prior to any updates. :)