PixelJunk Eden (Revisited)

ZorGan5

I originally posted this within a thread in the forums - I have had no reply so I will post it here in hope that someone will help me out here :)

The post here has been edited for contextual reasons.

I haven't played this game for about a year now, I got stuck on garden 5 so kind of gave it up and went onto other things. However, recently I started playing it again and to my surprise I mastered garden 5 - not much of an achievement you might think? Well it was for me, I don't think that I am very good at it.

I am stuck again (no surprise there) and having read through several guides concerning garden 6 I have found no solution to my problem - so I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help me out here

My problem is the teleporters! (garden 6) the 3rd one which transports you up where you have to head to the right of it to land on the plant shoots. Everytime I get teleported I do not seem to be able to determine in which direction my Grimp exits, it always seems to shoot out and drop down back to where I was before I entered the teleport! And I just keep repeating this until the oscillator goes out of tune and then, game over. No matter which button I use - the same thing happens! How does one determine in which direction the grimp will exit?

Now I know I must be doing something silly ... but for the life of me I cannot fathom it out at all.

I guess that lots of people have completed this level and know a good many things about it, please tell me what I need to do - I am totally confounded.

Thank you :)

Pffff!!!

And there was me thinking that perhaps there was proper gentlemen on this site who might be willing to help a damsel in distress LOL!!!

How wrong was I?

But never mind - through perseverance I managed to solve my problem so there :PPPP

Oh my! You have achieved 100% - I am so far away from getting that honour! I am still trying to get that silly 'zero wasted pollen' trophy - why is this game so hard?

Oh well, maybe one day, maybe one day I will get to finish it, but not any time soon I think.

:)

If you're after hints for Zero Wasted Pollen..

Obviously garden 1 is the best bet for this one, there's a map floating around (hand-drawn) that helps with spectra placements.

The best way to do it is using the sixaxis thing, where you jerk the controller down when you go through one of the pollen prowlers, as long as you only hit one each time you should automatically collect all the pollen from it. If you look at the score in the bottom corner it should end in a 0, this is 99% certain that you haven't missed any pollen.

Good luck if you do decide to go for it, it took me three or four practice runs before I got it, it's definitely one of those that sounds a lot harder than it is.

Ooo thanks for the tips and hints ... I am probably going about it all wrong then? I have been going through the pollen prowlers and using the web thingy to spin around and pick it all up (plus left over bits) but perhaps I have missed some in doing so?

I will give it a try ... thanks again :)

But even if I get that, I still have to get in order ...

Garden 7, 8, 9 ,10, plus the extra ones to 15 :( ... and Garden 8 is a totally silly nightmare!

Yeah, it's easy to miss some that way, especially if you hit three or four in one go. You've got enough time to do it the way I did it anyways, especially if you just open up the seeds and collect the Spectra when absolutely necessary.

Gardens 7, 8, 9 and 10 aren't too bad with the maps that are floating around, I opened them in paint and put a mark over which seeds I'd collected. Gardens 11-15 are more tricky since maps don't exist for them, but there's plenty of help available on youtube should any be required.

I tried using the speed attack thingy with the controller - but I found that all the pollen was not collected ... I still had to spin round to pick it up!

LOL ... I think I'll give in gracefully while I still have my sanity .. stupid game!

:)

'Nullius in Verba'

No it is not far away at all - but my willingness to continue my 100% venture with this title is!

I do like the game don't get me wrong - but I much prefer games that do not monopolize so much of ones time, they eventually get boring and then .. that leads to frustration .. then that leads you to dislike the game because you realise that you are spending so much time on it but getting nowhere.

Simple or easy games for me are far more enjoyable to play, you can advance quite quickly with them, hence the enjoyment.

That's what I think anyways :)

LOL!! I must have tried for that silly 'Zero Wasted Pollen' trophy at least 50 times now, and it's really starting to annoy me.

Yeah, it did annoy me having to replay each level 5 or 6 times to get everything, but I got used to it in the end. It helped that my blu-ray drive isn't working so there's no distractions from wanting to play, you know, an actual game. Haha.

I do like games that challenge me though, just finished getting 100% of the trophies on Mega Man 10...

Yes I know what you mean - and I am slowly getting used to the challenge, I almost had that silly trophy too but alas, I missed some pollen again.

I don't mind a challenge just as long as I feel it is within my boundaries of capability - there are some games that I just know I will never complete, as for 'Eden' I think maybe one day I might complete it but it will not be easy for me to do :)

(Edit)

And as a footnote: the reason I signed up for this forum was because I found, and have found, the guides in here very helpful whenever I found myself stuck on games (which is often) and I wouldn't have the trophies I have now if it were not for this site and the generous people who post the guides.

xX:)Xx

Edited by ZorGan5

• 2 weeks later...

I can tell you that is was not easy ... but I did it! xx :)

I have since also acquired all seeds for garden 8 or is it 9? LOL!! No matter, I only need to complete two more gardens seeds-wise, and they are ... garden 7 and 10 ....

Oh! - Plus the spectra too :)

Garden 7 is really difficult - silly garden, keeps changing wind direction on me and making things problematic at best ... but I will continue to try :)

(EDIT)

Oh ... and I just realised, this forum entry has now become my personal journal in my endeavours to complete 'Pixeljunk Eden'

Eeeeeeek!

Edited by ZorGan5
second thought

Indeed but I shall soldier on .. or 'Amazon' on in my case :p

I know I am late in playing this .. but I don't mind that.

PERSONAL JOURNAL UPDATE:

Now completed Garden 7 - all seeds & Spectra, watch out Garden 10 here I come! :)

luckily for you now if you get majorly stuck there's maps available for the gardens you need to do.

LOL! How do you think I've got this far? If it were not for 'those' maps and videos I would be flummoxed - thank goodness for Youtube :)

'Dances round room for joy' ... hee hee!! :applause: