PixelJunk 4am - Trophy Guide and Road Map

January-Embers

Road Map

Overview

Estimated Difficulty: Personal Rating 3/10 (Check the Trophy Difficulty Rating thread for the average rating)

Minimum number of playthoughs needed: Multiple. You'll have to play each level at least once, if not more.

Trophy Breakdown: 11 - (B) 5 (S) 5 (G) 1

Offline: 0

Online: 11 - (B) 5 (S) 5 (G) 1

Approximate time to 100%: 10-15 hours (dependent on skill)

Number of missable trophies: 10

Glitched Trophies: None

Required Peripherals: Playstation Eye, 2 Playstation Move controllers, Internet connection

Welcome to PixelJunk 4am, a music game that isn't really a game. This is more of a tool you can use to manipulate beats to create your own music for others to listen to around the world. The trophies for PixelJunk 4am are quite simple and only one trophy will require real time and effort to obtain in your quest to 100% this title.

Unfortunately, you will need an Internet connection to obtain all trophies for this game. You cannot even play the game without an Internet connection. If you attempt to play this game without an Internet connection, you will be prompted to log in to your PSN account.

There is no real path to obtaining these trophies and they can be acquired in any order you choose. Everything except for the Resident (G) trophy can be obtained in your first playthrough of the game. Ten of the trophies are missable because you must consciously attempt to go for them. However, before even being able to attempt any of the trophies, you must first play through the tutorial which will net you Equipment Check. If the game doesn't float your fancy after the tutorial then obviously you can't unlock any more trophies; however, if you keep playing events afterwards, then the trophies should start unlocking with ease. The missable trophies are:

(B) New Venue

(B) Music Lover

(B) Everyone's Dancing

(B) Tribe Vibe

(S) Going Viral

(S) The Deep Hour

(S) Dress Code

(S) The Sun Can't Compare to Your Light

(S) Raver

(G) Resident

Step 1: Tutorial and First Event

Completing the tutorial is the first step on your journey to 100% PixelJunk 4am. This should only take around twenty to thirty minutes, but take your time to get used to the feel of the controls. Once you've completed the tutorial, you will unlock the Equipment Check (B) trophy as well as your first event. Start playing the first event and you can begin working on unlocking some trophies. Trophies you can obtain here are:

(B) Everyone's Dancing

(B) Tribe Vibe

(S) Dress Code

Step 2: Unlocking more events

After having played the first event for a while and gotten yourself accustomed to the controls, you'll notice either once you boot the game up again or after exiting the event, that you'll have unlocked a new event, netting you New Venue (B). This is the step where you'll be shooting to obtain the majority of the trophies, aside from the two that require you to give kudos. If you failed to get any of the trophies from Step One, this is where you'll want to obtain them. By the end of this step, you should have the following trophies:

(B) Tribe Vibe

(S) Going Viral

(S) The Deep Hour

(S) Dress Code

(G) Resident

Step 3: Kudos

The only two trophies you should have left now are Music Lover (B) and Raver (S). This step should take no longer than ten minutes to complete. Refer to Raver (S) on how to give kudos.

Step 4: Clean-Up

This step shouldn't be necessary; however, if you find that you're still missing a trophy or two then this is where you can obtain them. Refer to the individual trophy you need to obtain for information on how to acquire it if need be.

Edited by Dark_Phantom_89
Editorial Sweep

Trophy Guide

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1520/C42.jpg New Venue (B)

Unlock your first new event.

After completing the tutorial, begin to use your newly gained knowledge to create some music with the first event available to you. See Resident(G) on how to unlock new events with tips on creating music, and refer to Equipment Check (B) for how to complete the tutorial.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1520/6EC.jpg Equipment Check (B)

Complete the tutorial.

Simple enough. Boot up the game and click on the tutorial tab. The steps for the tutorial are as follows:

Effects - Hold down the PS Move button in the center of the controller and move your controller to and from the screen to create a reverb effect. Hold down the same button and twist the controller to the side to create a low pass filter effect. To get rid of these effects, simply double tab the center button to wash your track of the effect.

One-Shots - These effects vary depending on the event and the beat you have selected. Select one of the beats with either :cross:, :square:, :triangle:, or :circle:. Next, hit the controller on the left/right side or top/bottom of the screen. The left/right and top/bottom are different from each other and the various colors have different effects for each side. Each one is unique across all colors and events.

Tracks and Mute - To mute a track, double tap the color you want to mute. Don't like the drum track? Double tap the :cross: button to mute it from your track. Decided your track needs the drums? Double tap the :cross: button again to bring it back in. To solo a track, all you have to do is hold the button down. For example, to solo the rhythm of a track you would hold down the :circle: button. To bring back all the other beats, you would hold down the :circle: button again until everything returned.

Track Change, Track Life & Fade - There are four different beats you can use in an event. Each beat is represented on the controller by a color. Blue (:cross:) is the drum track, Red (:circle:) is the rhythm, Green (:triangle:), is the synth, and Pink (:square:) is a sound effect. To access these, press the corresponding button (so for drums, press :cross:) then move your controller around until it vibrates. Hold down the trigger button and throw the track onto the screen. You can fade these in by slowly releasing the trigger button once you've gotten your beat. If a track remains unused for a while, then it will automatically be muted. If this happens, then you'll need to re-add it to your track if you want to.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1520/A0C.jpg Music Lover (B)

Give someone kudos.

See Raver (S) on how to unlock this trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1520/E89.jpg Going Viral (S)

Promote one of your events for the first time.

For this trophy you're going to need a Twitter account, because Facebook support was removed with the 4.78 Firmware update.

After you've linked one your accounts to your PS3 system, head into PixelJunk 4am. Go to the the options menu, click on Twitter and allow it to update your feed with promotions from the game. Once you've selected a level you want to perform on, press :triangle: to promote the event. Begin the performance and the event will be promoted which should make the trophy unlock.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1520/222.jpg Everyone's Dancing (B)

Receive kudos while performing.

Perform a song and eventually people will join your visualizer. You should receive kudos within a few minutes of playing. You'll know you've received kudos because the bar at the bottom of the screen will light up green then fade back to it's normal color.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1520/356.jpg Tribe Vibe (B)

Bring two PS Move controllers close together in co-op play and feel the vibe.

This will require two PS Move controllers. Whilst performing in co-op, simply bring the two bulbs on the end of the controllers together.

Edited by Terminator
Guide Revisions by Terminator 20/01/2016.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1520/D2C.jpg Resident (G)

Unlock all events.

There are a total of ten events which are unlocked by fulfilling different requirements. Sometimes it just depends on how long you've played a level, and other times it depends on how many people watched you and gave you kudos. Simply keep playing the most recent events until you unlock new ones.

Unfortunately, the game does not notify you if you've unlocked a new event until you've exited out of a performance, nor does it really indicate what it is you need to do in order to unlock a new event. To be safe, give yourself a good hour in an event before you exit out and look and see if something new is available. The best advice for unlocking new events is to keep playing an event until a new one unlocks and then move on to the newest event and play on that one until another new one unlocks and so on.

Just remember while you're playing that beats will go away if you don't do anything with them for a while. Sometimes it can be a cool effect to have them fade out one by one then add them back in stylistically, but if that's not what you want to happen, then make sure each beat remains on your track. Adding these beats back in at some point is important because then you can keep performing and have people come into your event to listen and give you kudos.

The visualizer will let you know which beats are active. Each one is unique and you'll have to play around with each one until you can tell when one is missing. You can also mix up your beats by hitting the sides or the top and bottom of your screen with the controller. Depending on the color you're using, the effect will be different. These can add some flare to your beats for diversity. Seeing as how it's difficult to say whether play time, kudos, or views affects new events unlocking, it's a good idea to use some variety in your events. Keep playing around until you find things that work best for you. Some events have better beats and are easier to work with than others. Find the ones that work best for you and have a good time.

This trophy will unlock with time, but it's going to take a decent amount of it before you unlock all the events.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1520/1BE.jpg The Deep Hour (S)

Play PixelJunk 4am at exactly 4am.

Simply play the game at 4am.

Alternatively, on the XMB, select Settings -> Date and Time. Manually reset the time to 3:55 am and jump back into the game and start a performance. Keep playing until the trophy unlocks.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1520/8AB.jpg Dress Code (S)

During calibration, be wearing a green shirt or have a large amount of green in your room.

This trophy can be a bit of an annoyance but it's not difficult in the least bit. The calibration happens every time you boot up the game. Other ways of accessing the calibration menu are via the options menu in game, or by turning the controller off and back on again. In a well lit environment, have a green shirt or background as you calibrate the controller.

Make certain that whatever green item you're wearing, that the one behind you is a darker shade of green. I used a stuffed green frog and held it about eight inches in front of the PS Eye whilst I calibrated the controller. This is about the shade of green you're aiming for.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1520/4FB.jpg The Sun Can't Compare to Your Light (S)

During a performance, touch the PS Eye with the PS Move controller to give it a kiss.

This trophy is really easy. During your first performance, walk up to your PS Eye and touch the camera with the bulb on the end of the PS Move controller.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1520/F63.jpg Raver (S)

Give kudos to 10 different people.

To give people kudos, go to the live viewer tab on the Main Menu. Once you've accessed the menu, you'll see people performing around the world. Scroll from side to side to see who's performing and on which event. You'll even be able to hear them performing once you're hovering over their tile. To access a performance, press the center button on the controller. After you've entered the event and are listening to them perform, all you have to do is shake your controller to given them kudos.

First off, thanks for the guide. Second, have you played a lot since getting the Resident trophy? I'm hoping that someone can post their time played/kudos received/etc when they get it so so we know roughly what is needed for that trophy. If I need to put 15 hours in just in time, pass. I'm hoping it's not an insane number.

i used my monitor and green picture fromm google search to make a green background for trophy.

i will be really happy if it is possible to make simmilar trick with trophy for 2 move contollers. for example find some video with 2 moves.

Using a video would be nifty but if you look at the trophy description is specifically says you have to do it in co-op. The only "trick" I could think of was to try and trick the system into thinking a regular controller was a move controller but since you have to calibrate a controller when you boot up it's not likely a work around will happen. I'm willing to try and confirm any theories though.

First off, thanks for the guide. Second, have you played a lot since getting the Resident trophy? I'm hoping that someone can post their time played/kudos received/etc when they get it so so we know roughly what is needed for that trophy. If I need to put 15 hours in just in time, pass. I'm hoping it's not an insane number.

No problem on the guide! I really hope it helps. The only trophies I don't have for this game are unlocking all events and the co-op trophies. It's difficult to say exactly what you need to unlock each event because the game doesn't indicate when you've unlocked a new event until after you exit a performance. With just over two hours of play time, I have 9/11 trophies and if I had a second move controller I'd definitely have 10/11. So aside from Resident there's hardly any challenge.

I'm still working on unlocking Resident myself, but I have 5/10 events as of now. I'm about to go on vacation so it'll be a while before I can really get back into the game; however, as soon as I get back I'm going to grind it out and get 100% for this game. Ten to fifteen hours could be on the high end but that's what I'm imaging it will be because according to YourGamerCards (the card in my signature) only 13/375 (3.47%) of registered gamers have the Resident trophy so obviously it's going to take a lot of time. The best tip I can give is to keep practicing and try your best to create some beats that are tasty. I'm assuming playing with friends would increase the fun factor for this game as well.

No problem on the guide! I really hope it helps. The only trophies I don't have for this game are unlocking all events and the co-op trophies. It's difficult to say exactly what you need to unlock each event because the game doesn't indicate when you've unlocked a new event until after you exit a performance. With just over two hours of play time, I have 9/11 trophies and if I had a second move controller I'd definitely have 10/11. So aside from Resident there's hardly any challenge.

I'm still working on unlocking Resident myself, but I have 5/10 events as of now. I'm about to go on vacation so it'll be a while before I can really get back into the game; however, as soon as I get back I'm going to grind it out and get 100% for this game. Ten to fifteen hours could be on the high end but that's what I'm imaging it will be because according to YourGamerCards (the card in my signature) only 13/375 (3.47%) of registered gamers have the Resident trophy so obviously it's going to take a lot of time. The best tip I can give is to keep practicing and try your best to create some beats that are tasty. I'm assuming playing with friends would increase the fun factor for this game as well.

So if you don't have it, how do you know it's only 10 events? Does it say 2/10 or something or did you just ask someone who had it?

After crossing the 30 minutes performed threshold I got the first event unlocked. So I would say it will be several hours to unlock them all. The rest of the trophies are easy...well, if someone would give me some damn kudos! :(

I did ask someone and that was their estimated time to completion. It's difficult to say what you need to unlock each new event, so the best suggestion is to just keep playing until you unlock new events. Some events are better than others in terms of beats and the visualizers. Unfortunately the events with the less interesting beats and visualizers will need to be played to continue on in the game.

I was contemplating whether or not to create a "Trophy Boosting" thread because you can boost the kudos trophies if need be. It's possible to look up another player while they're performing. If you don't have this trophy by the time you read this comment, send me a friend request (January-Embers) and I'll give you some kudos. I'm GMT -5:00 just for reference. Another suggestion would be to play in the afternoon because the one time I did I got 94 views and 27 kudos.

So if you don't have it, how do you know it's only 10 events? Does it say 2/10 or something or did you just ask someone who had it?

After crossing the 30 minutes performed threshold I got the first event unlocked. So I would say it will be several hours to unlock them all. The rest of the trophies are easy...well, if someone would give me some damn kudos! :(

There are 11 total events, 10 unlockable. You start with one. I got the trophy this morning. I think it only depends on time spent to unlock events, not kudos. I have just over 6 hours played, played maybe 10 mins this morning with no kudos and got the new event.

There are 11 total events, 10 unlockable. You start with one. I got the trophy this morning. I think it only depends on time spent to unlock events, not kudos. I have just over 6 hours played, played maybe 10 mins this morning with no kudos and got the new event.

Cool, thanks for the info. I don't have an hour clocked yet, but I unlocked the first one at 30 minutes.

I think it does go in order. Since I logged on my time when the game was a day or two new, i was seeing the same events and guessed I'd unlock certain ones next that I saw more often. Its possible a combination of kudos will do it. There were times lots of people joined and gave lots of kudos. There should maybe be a boosting thread to help those people out. I wouldnt mind going on from time to time to do so. You can kudos someone with the dualshock as well.

I think it does go in order. Since I logged on my time when the game was a day or two new, i was seeing the same events and guessed I'd unlock certain ones next that I saw more often. Its possible a combination of kudos will do it. There were times lots of people joined and gave lots of kudos. There should maybe be a boosting thread to help those people out. I wouldnt mind going on from time to time to do so. You can kudos someone with the dualshock as well.

That's right and even without buying the game. Just by downloading the live viewer, you can give kudos and it counts. You can ask any of your friends to boost you, the only requirements are ps3, network connection and dualshock3 (, wich are all pretty obvious). You can give kudos every 10 seconds.

One thing I don't know. Does kudos really matter on way or another.

• 2 weeks later...

In response to all the people who have commented on their time on unlocking Resident, just remember that the trophy guide is an estimated time to 100%. It's not exact. Plus it's really difficult to say what exactly is needed to unlock new events because the game doesn't make it clear, especially since there's indication that a new event has unlocked until after you exit out of an event. That being said, I mentioned that kudos/views during a performance might help because it could possibly be the key to helping unlock new events. It could be purely based on play time. Seeing as how everyone has different play times leads me to believe that isn't true. The only thing that's clear is that you need to keep playing until you've unlocked the trophy.

In response to all the people who have commented on their time on unlocking Resident, just remember that the trophy guide is an estimated time to 100%. It's not exact. Plus it's really difficult to say what exactly is needed to unlock new events because the game doesn't make it clear, especially since there's indication that a new event has unlocked until after you exit out of an event. That being said, I mentioned that kudos/views during a performance might help because it could possibly be the key to helping unlock new events. It could be purely based on play time. Seeing as how everyone has different play times leads me to believe that isn't true. The only thing that's clear is that you need to keep playing until you've unlocked the trophy.

Got this as a result of tweeting my last performance where I mentioned that I haven't unlocked all the events after 12+ hours of playing:

Rowan ‏@oL4T3NCYo

@TimHitchings Do you have the 3 crazy Effect style events yet? Could be the 3rd one of those, in which case, spend time in the Effect events

That's the twitter address of one of the developers. Hope this helps. Now can anyone tell me what the Effect style events are?:)

Got this as a result of tweeting my last performance where I mentioned that I haven't unlocked all the events after 12+ hours of playing:

Rowan ‏@oL4T3NCYo

@TimHitchings Do you have the 3 crazy Effect style events yet? Could be the 3rd one of those, in which case, spend time in the Effect events

That's the twitter address of one of the developers. Hope this helps. Now can anyone tell me what the Effect style events are?:)

Played the brown event for additional time and it opened up. Now at 100%

• 4 months later...

holding a green packet of RIZLA up to the eye will unlock Dress Code hahaha

* any of you guy's with resident care to provide an event list?

edit see below 9:07 for me to Resident :)

Baiyon - Random

Baiyon - Baiyon

One Day in Kyoto

23:23 2528

Feeling of creaking brown

Mis.communi.cation

Odyessy 249

Surging Waves

Inversion

Feedback 0.8 0.8

Edited by justanotherhuman

• 4 months later...