Do you like the LBP Pirates of the Caribbean DLC?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the LBP Pirates of the Caribbean DLC?

• Yes! The prices were reasonable and the content is fantastic!
    • I enjoyed it, but the DLC prices were a little steep for me.
    • It was okay... it could have contained more content, though.
    • No! Give me my money back! What a waste of time...

3a6zyrt

A very special "thank you" to

Savenger for the awesome header!

The servers have now closed, therefore the 100% is unobtainable if you didn't get the online trophies before that happened.

Overview:

-Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 4/10

-Offline: 9

-Online: 2 - Unobtainable

-Approximate time to 100%: Variable, 2-5+ hours (The total time required to get 100% will be based in part on your ability to obtain assistance for the "2x" and "4x" Co-op Prize Bubbles as well as complete the 2 Challenge trophies.)

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2 (Although not every level in the DLC requires a 2nd playthrough, a replay of several are necessary due to previously unobtainable Prize Bubbles unlocked by specific Stickers found in latter levels.)

-Number of missable trophies: 0

-Glitched trophies: 0

-Do cheat codes disable trophies? No cheat codes available

-Trophy Breakdown: (B)-9- (S)-2-

Introduction:

The wait is over! LBP veterans and fans alike have finally been treated to a long overdue DLC for this amazing game. New to LittleBigPlanet? No problem! There has never been a better time to get started and what better way than to dive into Davy Jones Locker for some Prize Bubble plundering!

Experienced veterans will instantly find familiarity with this DLC. Those new to LBP will find the perfect blending of swashbucklin' challenges and outrageous fun, all sprinkled with a bit of salt water! The Prize Bubbles are still abundantly scattered throughout each level, some of which can be elusive if you're not paying attention so look lively now! The trophy difficulty is slightly easier than that of the original game (excluding online community trophies). A few trophies will require patience and skill but none are missable and you'll have a lot of fun hunting every one of these.

Pirates of the Caribbean plays very smoothly and fluidly. All trophies unlocked when they were supposed to and I encountered no glitches of any kind. At least 2 playthroughs of various levels will be required before obtaining specific trophies.

Walkthrough:

Note: After purchasing the LittleBigPlanet Pirates of the Caribbean DLC Kit from the PlayStation Store you may be required to download a patch or two upon booting the game up. Once this is done you will find the DLC under "My Content". Just search for the new PotC icon and you're ready to get started!

Step 1: 1st Playthrough

You can decide whether or not to try and Ace (completing a level without dying) each level as you progress through them or to just casually hunt Prize Bubbles first and worry about perfecting the levels later. Whichever you decide to do, you'll first be required to unlock subsequent levels as you progress through the game. Additionally, it may take a little bit of time to get accustomed to moving your Sackboy/Sackgirl under water. The controls are easy with very little learning curve. But you'll want to practice swimming and moving around while pressing the "X" button for speed.

You can and will drown if you don't grab some air bubbles while underwater. These air bubble locations will be very easy to spot. Just look for large bubbles flowing out of small round yellow vents and grab some fresh air as needed.

"30" means you're filled up with plenty of air but you'll start to see that number decrease fairly rapidly. When your air reaches "0" you drown and restart from your last checkpoint. A lot of underwater sequences are fairly quick but others require that you keep a sharp eye out for those air bubble vents. Try to have fun, though and not panic. There are plenty of vents to be found when you're down deep.

Here are the story-related levels and the number of Prize Bubbles they contain each. Port Royal is available at the start of the game, after which time upon completing, you'll unlock the next level and so on.

Note: Please refer to the Trophy Guide and Prize Bubble Video Walkthrough section for more information.

- Port Royal - 44 Prize Bubbles total

- Pirate Town - 38 Prize Bubbles total

- A Navy Frigate - 37 Prize Bubbles total

- Cursed Bay - 63 Prize Bubbles total

- The Kraken!!! - 13 Prize Bubbles total

When you first get started, if you're in a hurry to focus on trophy hunting and getting 100% as quickly as possible, then you'll want to try and Ace (Again, completing each level without dying) each level and collect as many Prize Bubbles as possible. Try to be thorough. A lot of Prize Bubbles are in obvious locations while others are well hidden. And of course there are Prize Bubbles only obtainable by 'unlocking' with the appropriate Sticker. When it comes to hunting Bubbles the main key is being thorough and keeping a sharp eye out for obscure locations.

Tip: Pressing the "Start" button on your controller at any time can give you a good idea where you're at on Prize Bubble collecting. Select "About This Level" and you'll see what % you're at and how many Bubbles you're missing from that level.

As you progress to new levels you'll find the difficulties increase just a tad. Most are just obstacles that come with a little danger attached while others just require timing and simple solving to proceed.

It is most likely that during your 1st playthrough you'll go toe to toe with the Kraken in, oddly enough, "The Kraken!!!" level. Please refer to the Trophy Guide for detailed information on strategies.

A Note about perfecting a level (Acing): In order to obtain the Ace Symbol at the end of each stage you must diligently complete each level without any deaths. Dying and restarting at your last checkpoint does not count toward the Ace and therefore a restart of the level is in order. Take your time. Familiarize yourself with each level and the obstacles/challenges therein and you should do just fine. Mistakes can and probably will happen but don't let it discourage you.

Step 2: 2nd Playthrough

Initially, you will not be able to get "100%" on "Items" for the first few levels until you progress farther into the game (play through subsequent levels). You will notice very quickly starting with Port Royal that you don't have the correct Stickers to unlock specific Prize Bubbles. Not to worry! The Stickers you're missing can be obtained as you progress through the upcoming levels (providing you grab all the Prize Bubbles!). This is why it's necessary to make trips back to previous levels in order to aquire remaining Prize Bubbles.

Use this opportunity on your 2nd playthrough to obtain any remaining Prize Bubbles/Stickers you might be missing and ensure you've unlocked as many them requiring Stickers as possible.

Step 3: Clean Up

This is where you wrap up the last few trophies you have left. You'll also want to ensure you've completely Aced every level and obtained every Prize Bubble in the DLC. This includes having found help with the "2x" and "4x" Co-op Prize Bubbles. Assuming you've only obtained the story-related trophies you should have these left to complete:

- "The Bends" trophy - Achieve a score of 7000 in the Diving for Treasure Survival Challenge

- "Tributary" trophy - Publish a level containing WATER - Unobtainable

- "Salty Dog" trophy - Complete 20 community levels that contain WATER - Unobtainable

- "HMS Interceptor" trophy - Complete the race in Cursed Bay with at least 4000 points left on the clock.

Specifics regarding these last remaining trophies will be covered in the Trophy Guide as well as videos for guidance.

Conclusion:

Well gang, the Roadmap has ended but the excitement and fun has only begun! I hope you continue to enjoy this fantastic and quality DLC as much as I plan to. Please post any comments or feedback if you'd like and refer to the Trophy Guide and Prize Bubble Video Walkthroughs for additional information.

Thank you very much and happy plundering!

Edited by Terminator
Added server closure notices.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/14/060.jpg PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN Booty Master (B)

Collect all of the PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN prize bubbles

Obtaining this trophy will require you to collect every Prize Bubble in the Pirates of the Caribbean DLC. See here for the 100% Prize Bubble videos: LINK

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/14/061.jpg Beast Slayer (B)

Destroy the KRAKEN boss

Rather than explain the Boss strategy for the Kraken I'll refer you to this > thread < which details multiple strategy and tips discussions. It will prove very helpful in unlocking this trophy should you have problems with the Kraken. This same thread should be used as well for the "Ace the Kraken!!!" trophy discussion. However, here's a video of the Boss fight for reference.

Credit to Miguel_Zorro for this great tip:

When fighting the Kraken, destroy both cannons on each ship. As long as you destroy the cannons but leave the third target on each ship intact, they won't respawn. In the video, they leave a cannon firing at them on each ship. Using the way I did it, you don't have to worry about the cannons at all.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/14/062.jpg Ace Port Royal (B)

Ace Port Royal

Requires completing Port Royal without dying. Getting through this level without a scratch is relatively easy. This video will show you the level and Prize Bubble locations. You'll learn the ropes on swimming and navigating underwater starting with this level. Note: There are 3 Prize Bubble Stickers that are otherwise unobtainable on this level unless you Ace Port Royal. These are: Ceramic Barrel Stein, Rigging and Lintel Wall Stickers.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/14/063.jpg Ace Pirate Town (B)

Ace Pirate Town

There are a few obstacles to watch out for in Pirate Town so practice your timing early on. Be patient and continue perfecting your nautical skills as you progress through this level. Note: For Acing this level you obtain the following Stickers: Fat Fish, Long Fish and Cannon Stickers.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/14/064.jpg Ace The Frigate (B)

Ace The Frigate

Use caution as you make your way through the Frigate. Enemies and obstacles can pose potential problems if you try to rush through it, or get sloppy. Take your time and follow the provided video for reference if you need to. Note: For Acing this level you obtain the following Stickers: Blue Window, Blue Tiles and Blue Low Wall Stickers.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/14/065.jpg Ace Cursed Bay (B)

Ace Cursed Bay

The difficulty scales up a bit in the Cursed Bay. There are trickier obstacles this time around but with patience and timing, you'll fare just fine. Note: Once you acquire the appropriate Sticker you can access the Race (activated towards the beginning of the level, just to the right of the first sand dune) in order to obtain the "HMS Interceptor" trophy (please refer to the "HMS Interceptor" trophy description for more information on this Challenge). Stay focused, though, as you're trying to complete this level without dying as well. Note: For Acing this level you obtain the following Stickers: Raggedy Tree, Coconut and Coconut Tree Stickers

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/14/066.jpg Ace The Kraken!!! (B)

Ace The Kraken!!!

Refer to this > thread < for Kraken strategies and tips. Note: For Acing this level you obtain the following Stickers: Sea Serpent Head, Sea Serpent Tail and Sea Serpent Body Stickers. Additionally, here is a video walkthrough.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/14/067.jpg Tributary (B)

Publish a level containing WATER

UNOBTAINABLE DUE TO SERVER CLOSURE

Acquiring this trophy is relatively self-explanatory. You must create a level that contains the new WATER tool. Initially, it may take some time getting used to putting a level together with water but the learning curve isn't as difficult as you might think. Lots of existing items will just float to the surface unless bolted/glued to something solid so take some time to experiment and figure out what works for you and what doesn't. Once you've finished your masterpiece you're ready to "Publish" your level online. Note: You'll find the new WATER options in the "Global Settings" menu in your "Tool Bag" (the Bag with flowers on it). Move the slider to the right to begin the adjustments (WATER depth and conditions). Additionally, you will not be able to install the new WATER tools (Scuba Gear, Emitter/Receiver etc.) in your newly created levels until you have acquired them from the Water Creation Tutorials.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/14/068.jpg Salty Dog (B)

Complete 20 community levels that contain WATER

UNOBTAINABLE DUE TO SERVER CLOSURE

Nothing difficult here. Simply play 20 unique community levels containing WATER and this trophy will unlock. In most cases you will not have any trouble finding a community level with WATER in it. However, if you'd like to specifically narrow your search you can type in "Salty Dog" or "WATER" in the Search Box and you'll get more than enough levels to choose from to start playing.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/14/059.jpg The Bends (S)

Achieve a Score of 7000 in the Diving for Treasure Survival Challenge

This Challenge can be completed solo or with a partner. Depending on the skill level involved (and luck), one option might fare better to use than the other and vice versa. Be patient as this Challenge may get frustrating to successfully complete. This is where all your underwater practice from the story levels needs to pay off. Timing is of the essence in avoiding the ascending spikes while trying to grab fresh air from the falling Anchors. The goal is to grab as many score bubbles as you can as quickly and efficiently as possible. Grabbing multiple bubbles in succession will earn you Score Multipliers which can greatly enhance your points very quickly. Be patient and you'll get the 7000 points before you know it!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/14/069.jpg HMS Interceptor (S)

Complete the race in Cursed Bay with at least 4000 points left on the clock

Trophy-wise there is little room for error here, but with practice and timing, you'll do just fine. Learn the race route until you have every little detail and obstacle memorized. The tips provided below the video has been confirmed to save a couple of seconds in this Challenge and should prove most useful.

Credit to Thali for this great tip:

I used a bit of a lame tactic after failing it. Rather than planting the sticker to drop the race starting line, progress through the level to the point where you need to raise the ship by grabbing the bubble underneath it. After raising it, head back to the start and begin the race as you usually would. Saves you a few seconds if you're struggling.

Credit to Miguel_Zorro for this great tip:

The tip about running ahead and popping the prize bubble, then going back and starting the race again, is a good one. But I found an improvement to this. Hit the checkpoint that's up ahead (near the prize bubble that you need to pop). Then on your way back to start the race, make sure you avoid the earlier checkpoint. When you start the race, die on purpose. You'll respawn up far ahead, saving a lot of time.

Credit to BludgaBoy for making and uploading all posted videos.

Edited by Terminator
Added server closure notices.

Prize Bubble (100%) Video Walkthroughs

Port Royal

(Credit to Pk King XII for the video)

Pirate Town

A Navy Frigate

Cursed Bay

(Credit to Martin Larente for the video)

Edited by Terminator
Fixed some broken links.

Is a nice guide but the movies dont show the locations of all the prize bubles and i need seriuos help on the first level the Port Royal, because i dont now where are one of the bubles . and because of that i dont have the trophy for getting all the bubles.

if you can help me get that mother f.....:).

PSN ID: hiba1hiba

Is a nice guide but the movies dont show the locations of all the prize bubles and i need seriuos help on the first level the Port Royal, because i dont now where are one of the bubles . and because of that i dont have the trophy for getting all the bubles.

I'll check into this as soon as possible. Being that it's Christmas Eve I may not be able to get to it until later on today. Thanks for mentioning it!

Just as a reminder, you wont obtain 100% of the Prize Bubbles on the first few levels until you've aquired the appropriate Stickers to 'unlock' them. The Stickers (contained in Prize Bubbles) will be placed in subsequent levels and you'll then have to backtrack and unlock previously missed ones.

Edited by Yoshi_Girl

***Updated 12-24-09***

Thanks guys for the feedback and compliments. I've added additional videos under the Trophy Guide. These are all in HD as well and should be of continuing help to people.

I'll be updating as necessary and as new information, tips or strategies are discovered/posted.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas! :applause:

Nice guide Yoshi :) I'm sure i will use it very soon.

Thanks! And yeah, you'll enjoy it a lot, especially if you're a Pirates of the Caribbean fan like I am, lol. :applause:

I hope they continue to release additional DLC for LBP, which I'm sure they will providing the PotC expansion sells well.

The guide content is good, but it could do with being a bit more professional. Lose all the smilies in the guide, and just stick to the trophies. Stuff like you enjoying the new water tool is fine for you, but doesn't help the player get their trophy and thus it's clutter.

Just my two cents anyway.

The guide content is good, but it could do with being a bit more professional. Lose all the smilies in the guide, and just stick to the trophies. Stuff like you enjoying the new water tool is fine for you, but doesn't help the player get their trophy and thus it's clutter.

Just my two cents anyway.

Thanks, you could have just PM'd me this critique. But your opinion is noted.

I was having trouble with one too so I might know the one you are talking about. Right before you get to the section with the pirates with the hook and silver coin near the end right after emptying the drain there is a house that you can go behind and find a prize bubble. You can't see it but there is a second bubble behind the building as well. I just jumped up a bunch behind the place and managed to get it

I was having trouble with one too so I might know the one you are talking about. Right before you get to the section with the pirates with the hook and silver coin near the end right after emptying the drain there is a house that you can go behind and find a prize bubble. You can't see it but there is a second bubble behind the building as well. I just jumped up a bunch behind the place and managed to get it

I actually missed these 2 PB's as well the first time I looked at that house. It wasn't until my second playthrough that I realized I could get back there and get them, lol.

So are these trophies obtainable without buying the dlc if you joined someone and went through the levels with him? Because I really don't play LBP a whole awful lot anymore (especially since my PS3 died and I lost all my data) and don't care enough to buy it, but having a game not at 100% would bug me.

So are these trophies obtainable without buying the dlc if you joined someone and went through the levels with him? Because I really don't play LBP a whole awful lot anymore (especially since my PS3 died and I lost all my data) and don't care enough to buy it, but having a game not at 100% would bug me.

I honestly don't know the answer to your question so I wont even attempt to guess. I'll try to find out as soon as I can because it's a very good question. If someone posts a confirmation before I'm able to post back then so much the better! :p

On a side note: Apparently buying the Pirates of the Caribbean Kit wasn't enough for certain items. At least 1 of the WATER community levels I played wouldn't let me obtain the Scuba Gear because I didn't actually own the item myself. I guess I'll need to head back to the PSN Store and see which other PotC pack comes with the necessary items.

On a side note: Apparently buying the Pirates of the Caribbean Kit wasn't enough for certain items. At least 1 of the WATER community levels I played wouldn't let me obtain the Scuba Gear because I didn't actually own the item myself. I guess I'll need to head back to the PSN Store and see which other PotC pack comes with the necessary items.

Thats weird...the only stuff the other pack has is the costumes. At least it was only a community level. What was it called?

Grand guide by the way. The only thing I noticed is that the minimum number of playthroughs is 2 because of unlocking the trigger stickers to get 100% prize bubbles. Otherwise a grand job :)

Edited by PoorPaddy89

Thats weird...the only stuff the other pack has is the costumes. At least it was only a community level. What was it called?

Grand guide by the way. The only thing I noticed is that the minimum number of playthroughs is 2 because of unlocking the trigger stickers to get 100% prize bubbles. Otherwise a grand job :)

I don't remember the name of the level to be honest. I just remember it had a submarine in it, rofl.

I purposely didn't put 2 for minimum walkthroughs because you technically aren't required to go through every level in the DLC twice. But I'll change it anyway since you're required to replay over half the levels in the DLC.

Thanks for the heads up and I appreciate the compliment.

No, it was enough. If you have the new levels (which you obviously do), you have the SCUBA gear waiting to be picked up. From your pod, go to LittleBigStore and slide right to My Content, then find the PotC Kit and open it, move down to the Water Creator Tutorials and open that, and pick the Water Switch level (it's on the right). The SCUBA gear is right at the start. Edited by mjc0961
Found it!

No, it was enough. If you have the new levels (which you obviously do), you have the SCUBA gear waiting to be picked up. From your pod, go to LittleBigStore and slide right to My Content, then find the PotC Kit and open it, move down to the Water Creator Tutorials and open that, and pick the Water Switch level (it's on the right). The SCUBA gear is right at the start.

Ohh, thanks for letting me know, I was starting to wonder, lol. The one thing I haven't messed with yet in the new DLC is the Water Creator Tutorials. Makes sense now!. :p

• Terminator changed the title to LBP ~ Pirates of the Caribbean - Road Map & Trophy Guide