Rate the Trophy Difficulty...  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Trophy Difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_35.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.70

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• 2 months later...

I voted a 1.

This had the potential to be a very difficult trophy set. But it seems that they half-assed it, and we ended up with one that's about as difficult as Hanna Montana.

All you have to do is get on the top 5 of all the pinball machines, which is even easier than it sounds, and unlock freeplay mode on all the machines, which you'll pretty much do at random. There is nothing even remotely challenging to getting the trophies at all, which was probably intentionally done to increase sales.

They could've made it harder. Each table has five "Table Goals" and once you achieve all of those, there are five much, much harder "Wizard Goals" that need to be accomplished. They could have done something like (B) Achieve High Score For <table>, (S) Complete all Table Goals For <table>, (S) Complete the Williams Challenge, (G) Complete all Wizard Goals for <table>.

And yes, the game should have had a platinum.

Had they done that, this game would've ranked a 9 instead of a 1. Jive time is particularly brutal, but the other tables' wizard goals are no cakewalk either.

Edited by The-Man-In-Black

• 1 month later...

After about 5 hours of play and a few trophies I can definitely say that this is not as easy as I thought it would be based on comments from people. I'm not going to rate the game until I get 100% but at this point I think my vote will be above 3 at the very least

I finally got 100% in this game and I rate it a 5. Without the Williams challenge it would have been a 2 or 3.

Getting the high scores trophies wasn't a problem but completing the Williams challenge was a pain in the butt since you can sometimes screw up even in a table you think you're good at. I'm really good at Medieval Madness and for some reason when I got there the other day I couldn't get past the 15 mill score...(I got up to 14.8 in my last attempt) and had the restart the whole thing :o Also, it was incredibly frustrating getting to the late tables since I suck at PinBot which is like the 3rd table and that's where I lost the most

I'm really glad I've picked this up, it brought back good memories :applause:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I actually rated this somewhat high. The highscores aren't bad but the William's Challenge can be a pain. Especially if you get really far and then choke on a table. Time to start over. I like PinBot as a table but I hate trying to beat the score for it in the Challenge. The outlanes on that table are brutal.

Yup, second hardest table in the game imo, the first one being the one you unlock at the end of the game.

• 3 weeks later...

I have some serious high scores in this game, and only had a hard time getting the trophy for Space Shuttle but playing them all in a row was one rough challenge for me. Jive time took me one try.

Every time I played I managed to epicly fail for 3 tries on a random level. Sometimes it was Pinbot, others Black Knight, and more often than not, Medieval Madness.

Overall a very easy 100% with the major exception of the Williams Challenge, which took me forever so I voted 6/10

• 2 weeks later...

I voted a 4.

Though some tables were definitely challenging (Pinbot. Gorgar), once you learn them and the best camera angle it gets easy. Most bronzes I got on my 1st, 2nd or 3rd time playing a table.

I practiced on all the tables until I felt I could get the minimum points for Williams Challenge "at will," though it still took me few attempts. I choked on Black Knight twice, before I realized I wasn't using the optimal camera angle (the only table I use camera 1).

I really enjoyed this game and will continue playing to get the Wizard Table Goals.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I sorry, but this game is not a 1 or a 2. Detuned is a 1. This game is not a detuned and it takes some practice and skills if you're not that good with pinball or get frustrated easily. Pinball games are generally designed to have a high probability of failure, since that's what keeps people pumping quarters into them.

I'm giving it a 5. There are a few tables where the lowest high score is fairly tough to get to and took me an hour for each (Gorgar, Pin*Bot). Some are very easy to get the lowest high score. I actually got through the Williams Challenge on my first try, but only after playing for 3 hours straight and getting the bronze on every table but two (since the scores in the challenge are less than the lowest high scores you need). But it's necessary an easy trophy since it will take you about an hour to get through it.

• 2 weeks later...

I give it a 3/10. I started with the William's challenge and thankfully got it first try. Doing that first unlocked a few other high score trophies and saved a bit of time. Had trouble with 2 or 3 tables that each needed about 45 minutes to an hour of trying each, otherwise no major problems. Really fun game too.

I think, that we should get harder trophies.

Try completing the table goals if you want a challenge. Some of them are tough but not anywhere near Zen's silvers. They also help you learn the tables.

Actually I'm trying to complete them and it's a lot of fun. Only 4 wizard goals left for me to get them all: Get 4 extra balls in Jive Time, advance to the sun in Pinbot, win Battle for the Kingdom and win Video mode in Medieval Madness.

If Williams for the PS3 had trophies equivalent to the 360 achievements set for this game (beating all the Basic and Wizard Table Goals), we'd be all griping about how hard this game is, rating it in the 8-10 range, and there'd be lengthy threads on how to get some of the tougher goals, like the Video Mode for Medieval Madness (I still don't know how to trigger it, let alone beat it! :confused:)

(I still don't know how to trigger it, let alone beat it! :confused:)

Spell FIRE eight times and shoot Merlin's hole, or get it from a Merlin's Magic random award. Once in the game, move the character left and right with the flippers to kill the crows. If a crow carries away one of the children, use the plunger to kill all crows on the screen. You can do that only once.

Try completing the table goals if you want a challenge. Some of them are tough but not anywhere near Zen's silvers. They also help you learn the tables.

Actually I'm trying to complete them and it's a lot of fun. Only 4 wizard goals left for me to get them all: Get 4 extra balls in Jive Time, advance to the sun in Pinbot, win Battle for the Kingdom and win Video mode in Medieval Madness.

Maybe I should try.

Spell FIRE eight times and shoot Merlin's hole, or get it from a Merlin's Magic random award. Once in the game, move the character left and right with the flippers to kill the crows. If a crow carries away one of the children, use the plunger to kill all crows on the screen. You can do that only once.

Awesome, thanks for explaining.

And thanks for the video Oskari. I think Mideval Madness is calling my name today. :D