It's a great game, just not that well recognized. Unfortunate about the platinum, though. They really gave PS3 owners the short end of the stick in their achievements/trophies allocations. Xbox owners got a full array of achievements, but PS3 owners got a gimped set of trophies with no platinum, even though this is a retail game on a Blu-ray disc.

BTW, the game here should be listed under Retail, not PSN. Any way to change that?

This is very weird. I thought all bluray games were suppposed to have platinum. So it's kinda like saying your blu ray disc game doesn't have enough content to equal a platinum, so it's kinda like a downloadable game but at a higher price? Strange indeed. I'll probably still rent it but yeah this is weird.

Well Wipeout also broke the rule, it's a PSN game with a plat.

Anyway does it really matter? It's a good game regardless if it gives you a plat or just a series of other trophies. I know this is probably the wrong site to complain about it but I hate to see games voted up or down simply because of the trophy quantity and simplicity.

Damn. I just read how to submit icons since the site is missing a few and I've got everything for this game except for the gold trophy. Trouble is I can't sync because I'm unable to sign in with 2.76 FW now (it was working last week).

• 3 weeks later...
trine also has a plat.

What exactly does that have to do with this game as it does not have a plat?

And for everyone going on about the whole tennis thing, the game is called:

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection

Serena and Venus? Does that ring a bell? Did anyone just get my awesome pinball pun?

In the end it was an innocent mistake.......

• 1 month later...
What exactly does that have to do with this game as it does not have a plat?

And for everyone going on about the whole tennis thing, the game is called:

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection

Pirate please read all of the replys and you will see that somone already pointed out the "tennis" folly. And that rollntider mentioning "Trine" was in responce to another reply above him.

But hey now that you put your two cents in we all understand so much better.

Lolz

Edited by mixenitup

Pirate please read all of the replys and you will see that somone already pointed out the "tennis" folly. And that rollntider mentioning "Trine" was in responce to another reply above him.

But hey now that you put your two cents in we all understand so much better.

Lolz

I did read all of the replies, perhaps you should read my post more closely. I was merely explaining why Sammy mistakenly thought this was a tennis game instead of a pinball game.

And I don't know how rollntider could have been responding to the guy above him when his post doesn't make any sense....

• 2 weeks later...
It's a great game, just not that well recognized. Unfortunate about the platinum, though. They really gave PS3 owners the short end of the stick in their achievements/trophies allocations. Xbox owners got a full array of achievements, but PS3 owners got a gimped set of trophies with no platinum, even though this is a retail game on a Blu-ray disc.

BTW, the game here should be listed under Retail, not PSN. Any way to change that?

Just be glad that the PS3 got the better end of the stick because I would rather choose the High Scores over the Table Goals. I love pinball but I do not love it so much where I have to force myself to complete all the Table Goals like the 360 just to get 100%. That is like giving a fat kid chocolate carrot cake (he loves it but does not eat the whole slice).

• 2 weeks later...
I did read all of the replies, perhaps you should read my post more closely. I was merely explaining why Sammy mistakenly thought this was a tennis game instead of a pinball game.

And I don't know how rollntider could have been responding to the guy above him when his post doesn't make any sense....

Sorry you had a hard time following a thread in order. Didnt realize the mandated "quote" button. Maybe one of us needs to study the interwebs better :whistle:

But its funny DPSx7 was above me and I was agreeing with him in stating that Trine has a plat in addition to his response. and Idolo1013 for some unknown reason was able to understand my post and mention family game night (which also has nothing to do with this thread other than with the theme of non retail plats) and Mixenitup understood.

Its kinda funny how us three don't get it and you do? Or were you just trying to troll? you sly devil you, nothing else to argue about and just decided to start one.:applause::dance:

Just be glad that the PS3 got the better end of the stick because I would rather choose the High Scores over the Table Goals. I love pinball but I do not love it so much where I have to force myself to complete all the Table Goals like the 360 just to get 100%. That is like giving a fat kid chocolate carrot cake (he loves it but does not eat the whole slice).

it would have been cool to do it like Terminator and just make the raophies all gold and just add a plat for the achievemnts we got...

I think it's pretty clear that they thought about offering this on the PSN store but for some reason they changed their minds and were too lazy to change the coding for the trophies. It's a shame it doesn't have a plat trophy and more trophies but this should not be reason to skip this game. It's very fun and the best thing is you can find it for cheap in most places.