XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > P (PS3) > Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection

Old 08-25-2010, 08:22 AM   #11 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Silver Submission   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyrastas View Post
I plan on downloading this one very soon.
It's only retail. So, you need to buy it

Please heart my level and me on LBP. I will do the same if needed. Thanks.
Pata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:41 AM   #12 (permalink)

Default hmm

yea im not sure why all the hate for zen pinball either. ive only played a few pinball games over the years, but zen is the best one ive played by a longshot. the tables are fun, the graphics are actually amazing for a psn title, theres 8 or 9 very different tables and they all vary in difficulty. its a good game to pop in and play for 20 or 30 minutes every day just to unwind. The most ive scored is around 11m, im not that good at it i guess but i still have a lot of fun playing it. I think the ninja gaiden table is pretty awesome.

Review / Graphics / Logos
http://www.youtube.com/user/ReviewZoneHD
zer0tobackdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

My copy finally arrived and I got to play for a bit. OMG the ball is so slow and bouncy, feels like it's made of rubber. It's nothing like Zen

Can't say which one is better yet, but I'm really enjoying Williams. Even the older tables are fun to play.
Ruldra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Awards Showcase Bright Idea!   Helping Hand   Jack of All Trades   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   10,000 Posts   Staff - Super Moderator   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Gold Submission
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patacama View Post
It's only retail. So, you need to buy it
So I discovered... just got it the other day from Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruldra View Post
My copy finally arrived and I got to play for a bit. OMG the ball is so slow and bouncy, feels like it's made of rubber. It's nothing like Zen

Can't say which one is better yet, but I'm really enjoying Williams. Even the older tables are fun to play.
Same here... I haven't played a real pinball game in a long-ass time, so I don't know how realistic this one is, but the ball seems to move very slow. The tables are fun once you get the hang of it, though.

Also, it's been a little glitchy for me. The plunger will jerk around when I'm trying to pull it back and a few times when I catch a ball and then lower the flipper, the ball drops super fast into the center drain before I can shoot it with the flipper.
Vyrastas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

I've played both & to me there's no comparison. Williams Pinball Hall of Fame is the most realistic video pinball game I've ever played!!!

Last edited by Da Hamma; 12-19-2010 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Spelling & missing info
Da Hamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:22 AM   #16 (permalink)

William's Collection>Zen Pinball

Nothing like being able to play those classic tables I grew up playing once again.
TheHowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #17 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Well Im with Zen Pinball.Physics are better,the ball is not a rubber band one.This game with Zens physics,omg.would be an excellent game.

Talking about dificulty,of course this game is easier than Zen.
StOrMtRoOpErMx19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:53 AM   #18 (permalink)

Zen has a more heavy feel and I don't like all the non realistic parts that would never be on a real table.

Williams has some of the greatest designed tables of all time, plus the rules are so easy to grasp you could teach a 5 year old.

If only Stern had a game...
Old 03-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #19 (permalink)

I have both and I play pinball extensively and I will say that both titles has something to bring to the table. Of course Williams has the best tables the planet has ever seen. That's a given with their decades of hard work. However, I'm leaning towards Zen with this. I simply like the mechanics better here. I love both companies though and I think both of their products are top notch.

I know I'm late with my opinion here!
Old 06-10-2012, 01:46 AM   #20 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I like Zen's games a little more than Farsight's but only by a slim margin. I find them both very enjoyable. One thing I can say for sure is that if you play one of them a lot, then the other will feel all wrong when you start it up. After a little while though it starts to feel normal and when you go back to the other that one feels weird instead. So it has a lot to do with which one you're used to.

There's definitely a huge difference between the ball physics in Zen Pinball and Pinball Hall of Fame. I preferred Zen's a little, or maybe I was just more used to it, but I felt like what I would consider the 'ideal' physics would be somewhere in between the two. Now if you look at their later games (Marvel Pinball for Zen and Pinball Arcade for Farsight) the difference in physics has become smaller. So I think they're both heading in the right direction.

Zen has already addressed their biggest issue, which was the ridiculous spin in the original Zen Pinball. I would still like to see Farsight make the ball a little less bouncy and make the nudging a little more sharp (not to the extent of Zen's nudging but a little better at least). Hopefully they'll keep working to improve Pinball Arcade. I'm looking forward to seeing what the physics in Zen Pinball 2 are like also, I'm expecting them to be pretty good.
ER777 is offline   Reply With Quote