Picotto Knights is shutting down its servers on Halloween

Shuffle

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/picottok_thumb.jpg

Before Dragon’s Crown, Picotto Knights was the multiplayer brawler to play on Vita. GungHo Online Entertainment released Picotto Knights on September 20, 2012 as a free to play game with virtual items available to purchase just like Puzzle & Dragons.

Picotto Knights will shut down on October 31, 2013, a bit more than a year after its launch. One of the key features in Picotto Knights is unlocking different Cocoloids like these Grandia Cocoloids. Picotto Knights also had crossovers with Square Enix’s Army Corps of Hell and a Kat Cocoloid from Gravity Rush. GungHo will refund players that have left over Crystals exchanging 1 Crystal for 10 yen.

Siliconera played a bit of Picotto Knights and played one of the Famitsu exclusive missions. At that time, there were plans to bring Picotto Knights outside of Japan, but since the game is shutting down that’s unlikely to happen now.

Edited by Shuffle

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what to do if you are still looking to get the most trophies from this before it shuts down.

Find this mission: イカダ船-イカダと嵐と魔王軍

It's four up from the final boss. (Hopefully you've gotten that far by now.)

Play this mission until you get about 50,000g.

looks like a lot but that mission gives a lot of gold as well as a ton of exp.

If you are a workhorse and get 500,000g, then wow!

Anyway, go to the shop and look at items. scroll down to find a sword with three triangles. buy the +60 ATK(20,000g).

Below that you'll see the shield with three triangles +60 DEF(30,000g).

Equip these on the final boss to give you a nice boost and hope that your friends don't die off too quickly or you might be buying more of these.

I do this after I get skunked by bosses...

Also note that doing the イカダ船-イカダと嵐と魔王軍 mission over and over not only gives you great exp and gold, if you get really good at it you can know where and when to smack the most enemies before your ghost buddies so you can get that "killer 10,000 trophy!"

• 1 month later...

Well, it's over. I deleted it after the servers went down but I tried it a bit.

So, if you still had it, you can play it, but it can't find the server so your progress can't be saved an you can't get stuff from ghosts... I didn't bother playing a whole mission so I can't say for sure that you could continue grinding and leveling up and defeat some bosses, but the fact that the game can't be found on PSstore is a good indication that not many if anyone can get a 100% from here on.

Otsukaresama to those of us who finished!

I got the final boss about three hours before shutdown...