Laser Tracer Trophy

The first one you mentioned.

He can be defeated with 4 hits (as I remember).. so hit him 3 times and wait for him to use his quad-laser.

Sometimes he don't use it 4 times, so you have to wait for him to launch his quant-laser.

Just don't kill him or you'll replay the whole level again.. so just die when you fail.

• 1 month later...

I get to this part and fail so the road map and guides say you can just die and it'll restart you from the beginning of the boss. But how do you die? As soon as my guy runs out of health he just gets back up!

Edit: Found the answer for this: Add a second controller and have you both die at the same time to force the restart.

Edited by Samiro05

I'd also like to know whether you can hit a 'mine' and still get the trophy if the laser passes you whilst you're temporarily invincible (like how you can't get hit immediately after already being hit)?

Were you able to figure this out? I did it 3 times without getting hit and on my fourth I purposely hit a mine to prevent jumping and the laser went over me (but didn't hit me). The trophy did not pop right away and I am about to end the battle.

Does the trophy pop @ the end?

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried it a lot and finally found a easy solution.

Just play until he does the 4 lasers the first time.

Then try the trophy.If you fail dont die just keep on playing.

When you can hit him,dont hit him!!

He wil be on his feet again and you can go for another try.

After 2 try's i got no more bombs just the lasers and it popped.

Edited by tijnbanaan

• 1 month later...

i also found an easy solution that made this a breeze do the normal 4 or 5 hits to make him spawn his lasers at this point there will be bombs thrown.

run into the bombs,

more lasers will spawn with lasers do the same as above till only lasers spawn (quad lasers) once the quad spawn there will be no more bombs only lasers,

if in fact other items spawn such as mines or bombs run into them if the lasers arent around have the circle clear b4 the quads spawn again and avoind them 4 times

u cant die u will regen health keep going till the trophy pops =)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

this helped me a lot. it made getting this one easy.

• 1 year later...

While trying to get this trophy, my character was randomly doing some spin move every time I was walking around the circle, which elsewhere I could only make him do by violently shaking the left stick. And that fight was the first time he had ever done it. I gave up for a few days and used a different controller this time and he never did the spin move once. I guess my other controller is somehow faulty. I don't know.

Anyway, I didn't get hit by the lasers but I did get hit with with a bomb during a quad laser sequence. It took a cheap hit when both bombs converged between lasers and I had nowhere to jump. I kept playing to practice and eventually the bombs went away, as tijnbanaan said, and I popped the trophy a couple of minutes later after avoiding the five-laser attack.

Glad this one is over. That was my last trophy. I hated that you had to replay the entire last level to get to the boss; his was the only area not available in chapter select after the game. Bad design.

• 4 years later...
  • 7 months later...