Great game, but... (spoilers)

thajewbear

I love this game. I got the game a while ago but I haven't gotten too far into it yet because of my ps4. I like the simple rpg feeling of the game and I know it's going to last me a long time before I get the platinum but I'm having trouble...

I'm not sure exactly what more I can/need to do in the game. I'm at the part where I need to save Yukiko. The first time I tried it and got to the first boss I died. But for the past 2 times (before dying) I would go through the tower after buying new spells and stuff, teleport out of the tower, hp and sp stuff mostly. I trained and then teleported before I got to the first boss. I did this about three days in a row each time and I just keep dying. This past time I smoked the first boss but the second via

RPG's aren't my specialty but what I'm I missing out on? Do I just need to grind a lot more?

If you're playing on Normal, then I'm afraid there's nothing to say but welcome to Persona 4! :) The first chunk of the game is brutal; you level slowly, you don't have a lot of skills, SP drains quickly and the bosses are very, very difficult. On the plus side, it gets much easier after the first half.

From memory, you should be around lvl 15 to defeat Shadow Yukiko. If you're not there yet, then yep, probably the easiest solution is simply to run through the dungeon again to grind a few more levels. Also, try googling 'how do i beat shadow yukiko' -- I did this and there are many, many gamefaq threads about her and every other boss.

I just beat the gay dude's persona (forgot his name haha)

That would be Kanji's Shadow. Although I think Kanji himself is not gay, the game just sends a lot of confusing signals about him along the story. Which makes many situations all the more funny. :p

It had my attention at the very start but it's growing on me even more and more.

Same happened to me. Best Vita game so far. :)

• 10 months later...

I don't like RPGs at all. But, Yukiko is definitely one of the harder bosses since you're new to the game and I assume the SMT series as a whole. I was like you, but this is my favorite game of all time now. After this, you have another dungeon. After THAT dungeon, you'll have gotten a feel for the game, and you have the school camping trip which is such a nice reward as a "break" for making it through the growing pains. Give it some time, and don't give up yet. Believe me.

I assume the SMT series as a whole.

Oh really...

Can I ask you to refrain from such assumptions? ;)

I don't know how many SMT games you played but let me give a few examples compared to which, SYuki is a piece a cake.

Devil Survivor - Lucifer - this guy is undoubtedly one of the most broken bosses not only in SMT but in the whole gaming, even if nothing, this guy is like 1000 SYukis.

Devil Survivor 2 - Polaris Final Form

Nocturne - Lucifer again

SMT IV - pretty much every boss

These are just examples, you could find many more.

Oh really...

Can I ask you to refrain from such assumptions? ;)

I don't know how many SMT games you played but let me give a few examples compared to which, SYuki is a piece a cake.

Devil Survivor - Lucifer - this guy is undoubtedly one of the most broken bosses not only in SMT but in the whole gaming, even if nothing, this guy is like 1000 SYukis.

Devil Survivor 2 - Polaris Final Form

Nocturne - Lucifer again

SMT IV - pretty much every boss

These are just examples, you could find many more.

I was more talking to the op, who stated himself that RPGs aren't his specialty.

I was telling him that if he's new to the series, then yes, that's why Shadow Yukiko probably seems difficult to him. Altho, I didn't realize this thread was a year old already. Whoops.