Any tips for regaining SP in TV world?

pmm_fin

I'm on my final day to fight Shadow Yukiko meaning if I leave the TV, game is over. I've been leveling up quite a lot since she used to wipe the floor with me (always got me with one surprise "fire nova" like attack in the end). I'm running out of SP though since you need that for near everything and have no more recovery items. I really, really would not want to backtrack days meaning hours and hours of gameplay.

Is there any way to gain some SP I really need for healing and that Yukiko battle?

The only other way you could consider is fighting weak shadows by using only physical or weapon attacks and then trying to gain some hp/sp recovery from shuffle time....:think:

But yeah this method or the method of running past everything and grabbing the treasure is really the only way your gonna manage it. Failing this then I'm afraid your gonna have to start from a previous save.....or from scratch.

When I did my first playthrough in Yukiko's Castle it was R-O-U-G-H as hell dood I feel it.

Just use Physical Attacks or try to avoid Shadows(run past them or get the "Avoid Shadows" card from Shuffle Time) and stock up on SP and HP recovery items and use them before fighting Shadow Yukiko.

It gets "kinda" easier after this boss. SP wise anyway

^

Shadow Yukiko: Level 15

Shadow Kanji: Level 25

Shadow Rise & Shadow Teddie: Level 35

Shadow (------): Level 45

Shadow Naoto: Level 55

Kunino-Sagiri: Level 55

(------) & Ameno Sagiri: Level 65

(-----): Level 70's-80's

Final Boss: Level 80's

Note: Only putted the (-)'s there to avoid spoilers :o

I was level 34 for Teddie and used Unicorn as my persona. I was the only one that survived b/c I blocked Mabufula. It would take off massive damage to my party, especially Yukiko who's weakness is ice.

I did a regular old attack on him until he was dead.

I was level 34 for Teddie and used Unicorn as my persona. I was the only one that survived b/c I blocked Mabufula. It would take off massive damage to my party, especially Yukiko who's weakness is ice.

I did a regular old attack on him until he was dead.

it is more about the levels in the beginning and more about the tactic than levels on the later bosses imo

• 3 weeks later...

What personas should I use to beat the culprit and the boss that follows? SP is a huge problem because unlike the Shadow Teddie fight, you dont get fully restored. I have plenty of time to beat the dungeon, so I am fine. I plan to grind a little more, but I am level 78, which I think is plenty.

• 2 weeks later...

By the time you get to Golden Week, which is the week off from school, you meet the fox and start the Hermit social link. A little time after, the fox will appear in the TV as well, don't ask me why, and for a fee, she'll restore your SP. Unfortunately, it's a very expensive way to restore SP; but the higher your social link with the fox, the greater discount it'll give you. I'm sure you can farm for treasures, but I'm pretty sure this is the fastest way to do so. So it might be a good idea to max the Hermit social link as soon as possible.

What personas should I use to beat the culprit and the boss that follows? SP is a huge problem because unlike the Shadow Teddie fight, you dont get fully restored. I have plenty of time to beat the dungeon, so I am fine. I plan to grind a little more, but I am level 78, which I think is plenty.

You especially need to grind your Personas. Grinding Yu helps you get more SP but if you grind your Personas, you won't need to use SP consuming attacks so often =)

The Lego boss... it's good to use physical attacks while conserving SP for his transformation =)

Do not worry, though, this is pretty much the last hard boss in the game ;)

This is actually quite challenging game. Long time since I last saw a game where you could actually fail... Casual gaming has spoiled me I guess.

Just at the beginning =) SYukiko is a killer, SKanji as well (though P4G made him weaker... he was absolute beast in P4). After you beat those 2, bosses will be more doable =)

By the time you get to Golden Week, which is the week off from school, you meet the fox and start the Hermit social link. A little time after, the fox will appear in the TV as well, don't ask me why, and for a fee, she'll restore your SP. Unfortunately, it's a very expensive way to restore SP; but the higher your social link with the fox, the greater discount it'll give you. I'm sure you can farm for treasures, but I'm pretty sure this is the fastest way to do so. So it might be a good idea to max the Hermit social link as soon as possible.

Agree with this completely.

It might not look like (due to the prices xD) that but once you get at least S.Link lv.2/3, SP won't longer be an issue =)

Also, at the beginning, fusing Persona with Invigorate 1/2/3 helps as well.

Edited by Satoshi

• 3 months later...

Thanks for this thread. As someone else mentioned, the difficulty of this game has come as a bit of a shock. I chose to play on Normal. About halfway through the Sauna dungeon (and after getting my ass kicked literally a dozen times by Contrarian King so that I had to flee like a little girl) I'm really tempted to restart on Easy! But having heard other people's troubles, and the fact that SP management gets easier going forward, I've decided to tough it out. I swear I don't remember P3P being this tricky...

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I was where you are when I first played myself. Sorry, but you have to start the week over. That's all there is to it. SP is difficult to come by. Give yourself three days, don't be afraid to look up "what level should I be to beat ___" on Google, and go for the dungeons as soon as possible so you never run out of time.

And yes, Persona 3 is much more difficult imo. This game becomes almost laughingly easy by the end, and it will grow on you every minute you spend. Stick with the game, you'll love it.

And yes, Persona 3 is much more difficult imo. This game becomes almost laughingly easy by the end, and it will grow on you every minute you spend. Stick with the game, you'll love it.

P3 (even Portable) was made to be harder.

P4 (and especially Golden) were simplified to appeal to wider audience I believe?

I have nice comparison to this =D I never reached level 99 with Minato in P3P (even though the level remained through playhroughs) in 3 playthroughs but reached 99 with Yu in both playthroughs in P4G =D