• 26-35 Hours
    • 36-50 Hours
    • 51-75 Hours
    • 76-100 Hours
    • 100+ Hours

100%2B.JPG

Collected Estimated Platinum Length*

Voting Guidelines

1. Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards platinum.
  2. Do not vote based on "fastest possible run", but rather your own experience in playing the game.
  3. Voted time should be in-game time spent, from first starting game to achieving platinum.
  4. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  5. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  6. Vote with honesty and integrity.

Please feel free to elaborate on your own experiences by posting below.

*Collected time compiled using base average for each range (i.e. a vote for 0-5 hours = 2.5, 36-50=42.5, etc)

Edited by sweett310

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhere between 150 and 160. (don't have the system in front of me atm) No guide on first run and a fair amount of farming on my second. Probably could have gotten it down to 110 or so if I hadn't messed around as much. Oh, and an extra half hour maybe for the Quiz trophy. Faster if you skip the opening videos.

On my first playthrough (going for platinum a second time) I've made it at 47hrs. The second playthrough should take no longer than 30-40 as well I presume. Id say around 80-100hrs if you've played Persona 4 before and 120-140 if it's your first time.

EDIT: Got the platinum in 66hrs during my third Plat run.

Edited by Tii

• 3 weeks later...

It took me 100 hours exactly to get mine. I beat P4 once before on the PS2, and I did a regular playthrough on Hard first just going at my own pace/watching all the cutscenes and such, and the second playthrough following the max social link guide. Spent the last seven hours purely going after the HRF trophy and the skill card trophy...

Never played a whole lot of J-RPGs in my life, Devil Summoner Soul Hackers was basically the only other J-RPG I've ever got addicted to and spent a lot of time playing other than P4G, and I played Soul Hackers on Sega Saturn so thats a VERY LONG time ago.

First time playing P4G it took me roughly 140 hours to plat (Korean trophy list) and the second time took about 120 hours (North American trophy list). Currently taking on the Japanese list and it would most likely require over 100 hours again. It is also worth nothing that 140 hours isn't the actual time, it's only what it says on the game's save file when I've unlocked the plat, there were numerous cases where I missed something and had to reload an earlier save file in order to avoid forcing myself into a new playthrough, so these said game times were off the record, but I can be sure to say there's more than 5 hours of these lost game time.

After reading comments from above it appears even for J-RPG veterans or people that has played vanilla P4, its still gonna take them over 100 hours to plat this title, so there really is no other better option than voting 100+ hours for P4G.

Edited by doomgun

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

140 hours finished my second playthrough. Had hardcore Risette trophy on my first playthrough and now on my second I somehow fucked up getting all social links and have to do a third one. Only had 2 left for Naoto and 1 for hermit, couldn't catch the sea guardian in februari. Tried hours and hours...

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I really want to get the platinum on this game because I really love it, but its such a commitment and I've only got so much time to play other games, especially on Vita due to PS+

I felt the same way when I first started, but I've never played a game where the hours have flown so quickly. I'm near the end of my first run at 81 hrs, and it feels like I just begun -- so no way I'm moving on before I get plat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First time Persona player here... took me 98 hours to finish my 1st playthrough (having read all text/watched all cutscenes, and a few hours of training here and there etc. etc.). You can probably get the platinum relatively fast (for a JRPG) but you wouldn't be able to fully appreciate the game in the process.

• 4 weeks later...

103 Hours on my first playthrough - Normal difficulty + Golden ending + % 80 of the persona compedium (Creating new personas just for fun and discovering them by myself without a guide).

My clean up playthrough will take about 40 hours since I'm skipping all dialog and playing on very easy just to get the Social Links trophy and new game plus trophies.