New Hardcore Risette Fan guide on GameFAQs

WhoaIsJustin

To all of those who are worried/having trouble with this trophy, there's a very detailed guide on GameFAQS right now that deals with this trophy. It brings to light some interesting inputs on certain facets:

1) scanning lines do not count towards the 250 lines, only lines that show the dialogue on the screen

2) there's actually 400+ lines potentially

3) the lines may not have to be strictly in one playthrough (unconfirmed)

Either way, there's a walkthrough and helpful tips on getting some of the harder-to-get lines, such as ailments.

GameFAQs: Persona 4 Golden (VITA) Hardcore Risette Fan Trophy Guide by KADFC

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3) the lines may not have to be strictly in one playthrough (unconfirmed)

Either it took me 4 playthroughs to get 250 lines or this is untrue :)

I call untrue. Anyway, I don't think that analysing doesn't count as well considering there's many claims on the internet stating that they've got the trophy with a specific line such as 'The enemy is weak to light' which does not actually show in the corner.

Either it took me 4 playthroughs to get 250 lines or this is untrue :)

I call untrue. Anyway, I don't think that analysing doesn't count as well considering there's many claims on the internet stating that they've got the trophy with a specific line such as 'The enemy is weak to light' which does not actually show in the corner.

There is no way I got 250 lines to show up in the corner. I always did all side quests(was way over leveled and playing on normal) and ranked Rise to 10 before the November. The trophy popped from me on the first monster in Marie's dungeon.

What I did was:

Play as every character all the time

Use every attack they had at the time

Scanned every monster

Never heal when my party needed it

Use attacks that I knew wouldnt work

Get affected by status effects

MC was level 86 and the rest were level 80 at Marie's dungeon.

That guide was pretty helpful in getting Hardcore Risette Fan, but there are still a ton of questions as to what actually counts.

For what it's worth, my trophy popped early in the November dungeon on my 2nd playthrough, so it seems like the count must carry over in some way, especially considering I never made it to the December dungeon on my first playthrough. Also, it was while walking around in a dungeon, not during a battle, so it it was delayed or Rise's lines outside the fights must count.

Yeah, there's definite debate on a lot of issues re: the trophy. I think it's likely not a good idea to speak definitively on any of them until there's more evidence and input out there.

Either way, this trophy has a ton of other useful tidbits such as good farming spots to get some of the ailment lines. Either way, with so many threads about this trophy, I figured a lot of people could get some useful tips from this guide.

I'm currently doing my first playthrough, and have just beaten Kanji's dungeon (haven't actually gotten him yet), I'm playing on normal and trying to do as much as I can on my own.

other than analyzing Enemies constantly (Which I'm already doing, lol) once I get Rise, should I really be concerned with this trophy and frantically trying to get more lines like some people here seem to suggest? sounds incredibly annoying and game ruining TBH.

other than analyzing Enemies constantly (Which I'm already doing, lol) once I get Rise, should I really be concerned with this trophy and frantically trying to get more lines like some people here seem to suggest? sounds incredibly annoying and game ruining TBH.

I was super worried about having to get the trophy on my 3rd playthrough but managed to get it to pop during the February dungeon of my 2nd playthrough. Just make sure to get the special boss only lines she has (starting with the boss fight when you get her of course) as every little bit helps, and switch up party members. Have a main group play through the dungeons then another group to revisit all dungeons to beat the optional bosses (getting as many status ailments and lines for both groups as possible).

I earned my Hardcore Risette Fan trophy during 5th floor of Marie's dungeon...

Its pretty easy trophy tbh...

All i did:

Got 4 characters to lvl 99,

remaining three characters had lvl 52,51,65

I used every character in battle,you need to made certain things like: ''kill 1,2,3 or 4 enemies with each character, get to low health with each char. etc, it should come naturally while you lvl up your characters...

I had Rise social link maxed out by that time, her auto-scan skills are really helpfull for this trophy.

All people are getting excited over this trophy.IMO its pretty simple and easy trophy...

I messed up on the books trophy during my first playthrough... missed only one and its all because the trophy guide didnt mention the highly missable book from daisuke...

This game got harder trophies than Risette one for sure... Getting 100% personas(while every fusion guide is faulty and refers to P4 from ps2...),all books (easily missable), social link max is pain in the ass too...

• 3 weeks later...

I just got this trophy on Heaven's boss. I used the guide linked here, as well as did these things:

-I played on Normal and tried to avoid being overleveled for the "strong enemy" comments.

-scanned frequently; there's often two comments for each element (this may not count, but I did it anyway)

-I avoided leveling up Rise's Social Link at all until after the Lab for the comments you get a the beginning of battle when their weakness/immunities are not known. (But I think doing this just through Void Quest would have been adequate)

-Once I leveled Rise's Social Link up in order to get the elemental comments at the beginning of battle, I went back through several earlier dungeons to get her comments about various immunities/weaknesses.

-Looking at the FAQ, there are some lines with "Weakness Scan" that I haven't gotten yet, her S. Link wasn't leveled up that far.

-I rotated out party members and used them all. I didn't particularly grind for ailments, but I made sure that she commented every time a party member did have one.

-The guide appears to be missing one "escape" line: try to escape during a boss battle and she will say "It's no good, I can't find you an opening."

• 3 weeks later...

i got it too on the heaven boss in early november (normal/55 hours), right after he took control over my 3 party members

the most important thing really is scaning, or better said canceling out of scaning. everytime an enemy casts a status ailment on your party do nothing but scan/cancel/scan/cancel until rise comments on every single party member that is affected, it may take 50 tries of her repeating the same lines over and over but at one point she will say that xyz is acting weird/has lowered defense/is poisened/has low health etc

this should really come naturally over the course of the game, unless your main character kills everything on his own on the first turn

Ok, I'm officially confused. Have I been thinking about this trophy all wrong? I've always been under the impression that you have to get 250 UNIQUE lines, but the GameFAQS board is saying it's just 250 lines, period. I don't have it yet, I haven't been doing a ton of grinding, but is this the case? Just 250 lines, they don't have to be unique? So I could just get "This enemy is immune to wind!" 250 times, and eventually it will pop?

Ok, I'm officially confused. Have I been thinking about this trophy all wrong? I've always been under the impression that you have to get 250 UNIQUE lines, but the GameFAQS board is saying it's just 250 lines, period. I don't have it yet, I haven't been doing a ton of grinding, but is this the case? Just 250 lines, they don't have to be unique? So I could just get "This enemy is immune to wind!" 250 times, and eventually it will pop?

I copied the guide linked in the OP into a Word file and started crossing them off as I went through the game. Now, I didn't actually notice exactly when it popped cause I was too busy with the list, but when I did notice I went through the list and counted. I had about 260 or so non scan lines crossed off. As in lines other than the ones she says when you scan an enemy like "Winds useless on this enemy" - I had about 65 of those lines crossed off too. And a great many of the non scan lines were repeated multiple times.

So, I'm going to go ahead and say that whoever said that on GameFAQs is wrong. I'm pretty positive that the lines do have to be unique, and that scan lines don't count. Go ahead and scan alot though, especially if one of your party members are affected with a status ailment or low on health or anything like that. Keep scanning over and over until Rise comments on it.

the most important thing really is scaning, or better said canceling out of scaning. everytime an enemy casts a status ailment on your party do nothing but scan/cancel/scan/cancel until rise comments on every single party member that is affected, it may take 50 tries of her repeating the same lines over and over but at one point she will say that xyz is acting weird/has lowered defense/is poisened/has low health etc

This is a great tip. I want to make sure it doesn't get overlooked.

Hello guys, i have some questions about this trophy :

- The line before a game over " no...Senpai ! " is saved ? I have a doubt because the restart from the beginning and all of the others stuff are not saved.

If not, how to have this line wihout a game over ?

- Is it a problem if i dont max up the social link with Rise/Marie/Margarett ?

Im in August and i have 5 rank for Marie ( i thought you could keep the rank in the NG+ :/ ) , SPOIL : do i need to do the Marie's Dungeon for this trophy ? And for Margaret ?

250 lines seems very hard to get... I can count 100 lines for all the characters with ailment, but i'm not sure for the rest, some people say that the scan doesnt count on gamefaqs, some others say it count, i dont know what to think, have we a proof to be sure? ... ( but i scan to get the lines which appear after the scan )

- The line before a game over " no...Senpai ! " is saved ? I have a doubt because the restart from the beginning and all of the others stuff are not saved.

If not, how to have this line wihout a game over ?

On the lowest difficulty, when you die you can just res right there in the fight. No exiting, no starting over, with the enemies just as damaged as they were. That's the only time those lines count. So, if you're not playing on Very Easy, no they don't count. But it's only 3 or 4 lines she says when the player character dies, so that's not a huge problem to make up with status ailments and critical hits and multiple kills and all.

So i died for nothing...

And do you know if its necessary to[spoiler=newbie] do the Marie's Dungeon and to beat margaret

or is there enough lines to allow me to skip that events ?

It is not necessary. It can help, but it's not necessary. I got the trophy before either of those events. [spoiler=answer]Margaret can't even be fought on the first playthrough no matter what you do, and there are only a couple of lines that Rise says in her fight and the Marie dungeon that can't be gotten anywhere else. If I remember correctly it's 6 or 7 total between the two.

Also, I would recommend you read this thread http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/faq/8606-spoiler-tags.html

It is not necessary. It can help, but it's not necessary. I got the trophy before either of those events. [spoiler=answer]Margaret can't even be fought on the first playthrough no matter what you do, and there are only a couple of lines that Rise says in her fight and the Marie dungeon that can't be gotten anywhere else. If I remember correctly it's 6 or 7 total between the two.

Also, I would recommend you read this thread http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/faq/8606-spoiler-tags.html

Thanks, i was looking for the function spoiler in the post. :)

That sounds very hard to reach 250 lines...For a bronze trophy. I think there is around 10 lines for a character

the faqs on gamefaqs are a total mess, i'll have to write every lines i get to know how much it rest.

The dungeons are still opened at the end ? Some lines will be difficult to get if i wait to reach the end before start the trophy ? ( i guess some lines like " Yosuke, you hit his weakness " will be difficult to get if my persona is too strong and kill the monsters in one hit )

Edited by Aerys

Yeah, all the dungeons are available right up to the last day. And yes, the enemy levels stay the same so some lines would be harder to get. The ones I found hardest were the multiple knockdown and kill lines. Like "You knocked down 4 enemies" Because if you knock down all the enemies you just get a generic line instead of the number, and if you kill all enemies you get either a generic victory line or nothing. The trick is to find a large group where one enemy has a different weakness than the others. But sadly, that's really just luck.

But status ailments really do help a lot. If you find an enemy that inflicts a certain ailment, just guard and wait for it to inflict it and then scan repeatedly until Rise comments on it after the scan. And do that for every ailment on every character, that's a really big chunk of lines right there.

Aside from that, I can't give you too many other tips. The trophy unlocked for me when I was going for the optional boss in the Lab on my first run through the game. (5th dungeon if I'm remembering right) So, November I guess.

Edited by ReverendSID

So i'll do the knockdown first, there is somes shadows with 5-6 ennemies salt balt and one crow in the second or third dungeon.

I'll try to avoid fight by now.

EDIT : I've read a big tips for knockdown ennemies without killing them no matter your power !

Just need to buy items targeting the weak points of ennemies ! That will be very easier in that way !

Edited by Aerys

There is also lines people dont talk about much :

The lines when an other group of ennemy comes after a battle, there is at least 5 lines, till 5 ennemies.

Sames for the lines like :

" he's running away ! Just 4 ennemies left "

I had some of these lines.

EDIT : I found the BEST way to have new Rise's lines !

Just go in a dungeon and talk to Rise ! She will say something different considering what's hapenning in the real world, for example, if there is an event , she will talk about that. So just go in TV at different periods with no people to rescue.

WIth this way, there must be 100 lines more i think!

The trophy now become very easy

Edited by Aerys

• 5 weeks later...
There is also lines people dont talk about much :

The lines when an other group of ennemy comes after a battle, there is at least 5 lines, till 5 ennemies.

Sames for the lines like :

" he's running away ! Just 4 ennemies left "

I had some of these lines.

EDIT : I found the BEST way to have new Rise's lines !

Just go in a dungeon and talk to Rise ! She will say something different considering what's hapenning in the real world, for example, if there is an event , she will talk about that. So just go in TV at different periods with no people to rescue.

WIth this way, there must be 100 lines more i think!

The trophy now become very easy

Are you sure that those lines count? have you tested it?

• 2 weeks later...